Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: Live Camera

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

What camera are you using for your live camera shots, when providing video?

Posted Mon 07 May 12 @ 1:48 pm
I've been on the hunt for a good cam too. So far the Sony EVID 70 has good features but it has to be set up using a separate video mixer to transition between live feed and vdj feed.
Anyone have any other suggestions for a good pan tilt that DOES connect via firewire or usb and is great in low light please let me know.

Posted Sun 27 May 12 @ 12:58 am
I'm still looking for one myself. I used to have to piece equipment together. The last one I made is pretty big (and water Proof to boot!!) It's a color/BW switching camera with a 22x zoom and 8 3watt IR emitters. See's in pitch black conditions up to 200ft away mounted on a Pan/Tilt Head that has a RF controller to wirelessly control PTZ functions. It has a Composite video output which now runs thought a video encoder to usb. I'd like a smaller model but nothing works as good.

Posted Sun 27 May 12 @ 7:53 pm
I hear the word composite and I get discouraged.
How is the resolution? Also are you able to post a photo of the camera mounted on its motor?

Ideally, I would love to be able to mount my pan tilt on a truss so I am very curious to see how yours is set-up.

Thanks

Posted Tue 05 Jun 12 @ 3:16 am
How about if you consult with the manufacturer, i think they can be of help to you.

Posted Fri 31 Aug 12 @ 4:54 am
It's not an issue of consulting the manufacturer. It's a case of VDJ7 not being compatible.
You can use the feed from an old dv camera or a webcam but not the digital signal of an hd cam.
I REALLY hope VDJ 8 addresses this limitation.

Posted Tue 25 Sep 12 @ 6:18 pm
How do you set up VDJ7 to see the signal from the cam? I have a Sony HDD Handycam. I would love to be able to use live feed thru VDJ during VJ events... Any help would be greatly appreciated...Thank you ... Ray

Posted Thu 04 Oct 12 @ 5:41 pm
You need something to change the digital signal to an analog signal. Like a dv camera for example or a video mixer/switcher.
And yes, the feed should be somewhat clear because of the lens of the hd cam but you wtill don't get the full clarity as if you had patched that feed directly. I'm confident that it's coming but when is the question. I.M.O this should have already been addressed.

Posted Tue 23 Oct 12 @ 5:00 am
I use this with my iPhone: http://www.mobiola.com

Then I just wander around down in the crowd with my phone.

You could let other staff members or customers know about the app. They could get it and you could randomly allow access by customers. Could be a good way to get some crowd interaction.

Posted Tue 23 Oct 12 @ 1:53 pm
That's a pretty neat trick. Could you have someone film that and post it so we can get an idea of the picture quality?

Posted Wed 24 Oct 12 @ 2:57 am
938MyDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007

Posted Wed 24 Oct 12 @ 7:02 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)