Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Perspective transform

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
I really need a plugin like this to allow me to map videos and images to a specific surface and a specific time with a live editable mask if possible. I believe the future of vjing isn't laying strictly on a single surface. An example of what i'm talking about is below.

pm me if you are intrested :)

Posted Mon 02 Jan 12 @ 12:02 am
That is SWEET!! And would take Videos to a whole nother level!!

Posted Mon 02 Jan 12 @ 5:47 pm
you should see what it looks like when its made into an entire djbooth

Posted Tue 03 Jan 12 @ 8:47 pm
WOW now that is SWEEEEEET!!

Posted Tue 03 Jan 12 @ 9:50 pm
That looks amazing. I went to Disney in Florida for Christmas and my jaw was literally on the floor because just before the fireworks one evening they did this kind of projection effect on the front of Cinderella's castle. People who've been to Disney will know it's like a FULL SIZED CASTLE! And they were projecting all sorts on to it, flames coming out of the windows one minute, the the door appearing to open the next (they had projected a picture of the door exactly over where the actual door was, so then it looked like it had really opened!). Then the whole castle was used as video screen for a bit of footage of Walt Disney, then it was looking like the castle again but all multicoloured. It takes a lot to impress me but this was amazing. I've got a bit of video of it somewhere...

To do the same sort of thing for DJ sets and booths would be amazing!

Posted Sun 08 Jan 12 @ 7:38 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
DJCyder and I spoke about this a bit and I tested some basic perspective transformation in a plugin I wrote with a live wireframe editor. There are options available to do this at present in external applications, but I'm looking at something basic for VDJ users.

Of course being DJCyder his first complaint was that it wouldn't install on a Mac ;)

Posted Sun 08 Jan 12 @ 9:12 pm
yeah there is an install bug on mac scott can you take a look at that?

Posted Mon 09 Jan 12 @ 10:10 am
Seems like this is becoming a reality what do I need to make this happen other then the app.

Any info would be most helpful
Huey

Posted Mon 09 Jan 12 @ 10:22 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008

Posted Mon 09 Jan 12 @ 10:26 am
There are a couple of solutions.

Piping the video output through Resolume is one - works best on a Mac using Syphon.

TextMachine3D is another, and I believe FireText have mentioned they are looking into that.

Posted Mon 09 Jan 12 @ 11:30 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
This would be a Super Intergraion and a Big advantage to what can be obtained & offered....

Posted Mon 09 Jan 12 @ 11:55 am

Posted Mon 09 Jan 12 @ 12:06 pm
Sure wish i could code.........the wife is almost done so maybe ill go take a few courses, lol!! Some of the things.you guys can do is mind blowing!! For that projection mapping is there anything special other then the projectors and the program?? Would like to get a jump on this.

Good Day felles
Huey

Posted Mon 09 Jan 12 @ 12:11 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Scotts correct, it's the same programme I sent over a few weeks ago but now has had a couple of tweeks, Textmachine 3D has run alongside Firetext for over a year now, we have received glowing reports from Firetext users already running this in their shows.

I was due to do a promo on Firetext and TM3D early last December but problems with some memory sticks taking out a couple of drives delayed that.

So, with a lot of activity on the forums on this and similar subjects I think would be a good time to make a belated announcement in a seperate thread.

VDJ/Firetext and TM3D can be run through Freeframe as far as I know but unfortunately due to work load on the dev teams at both companies this hasn't been set up yet and won't be looked at for a little while.

So, off my on bat, anyone kind enough to show the guys on the forums how to do it I'll gladly give you a free TextMachine 3D v10 license for their time.

Contact me with the solution please either by pm or on Skype.

Posted Mon 09 Jan 12 @ 12:29 pm
But you already can put more than one screen over FT VDJ Robot in various positions on VDJ's videoscreen:

http://youtu.be/_0DkgL7Qizo

It's not freeform scalable... only rectangles.

Posted Wed 11 Jan 12 @ 10:57 am
yonitemaire wrote :
How about making plugins for FFGL:

http://code.google.com/p/ofxffglplugin/

or Quartz Composer (for mac version)?

Well mainly because VDJ doesn't support FFGL and we would want a cross platform solution for both VDJ versions.

Posted Wed 11 Jan 12 @ 11:47 am
Here's another example on a huge scale,

[YouTube]HBDooJ416AE#![/YouTube]

Can I get some insight on how to do this stuff or maybe a link??

Enjoy
Huey

Posted Wed 11 Jan 12 @ 12:54 pm

Posted Wed 11 Jan 12 @ 1:28 pm
You could do it with VirtualDJ, with enough dark night and strong projector, well... sort of ;-) Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/59b1a5D2RaQ

Yes, I know... this is mapped to a picture, but anyway, it's the only way to apply those mappings to something real.

Posted Wed 11 Jan 12 @ 4:32 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)