Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [NEWS] Atomix Productions acquires AdionSoft - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

GGCOMPRO InfinityMember since 2008
@advokat + all video junkies

I don't think that it's useless, never said that... also hope I didn't offend anybody=) - if yes, please excuse me, wasn't intended=)

that being said,

What I was thinking of was having the video features bundled into some sort of add-on module. Or, a completely separate program called VVJ or VJ or something to that extent.

So the peeps who want video can use that and the audio only peeps can have a more streamlined version of VDJ without video code in the program.

- actually, VDJ has done a good job of separating the two so far by having the option of disabling video stuff in the menu. I hope that there is a Audio only or A+V option in the new menu, completely disabling all video code and any resources it uses for those who dont need it.

and that being said, (lol)

I will no longer misuse this thread for requests, wishes or anything like that. So, lets all celebrate the marriage of atomix and adion. I wish you two all the best and am sure that your kids will be great;)

love@all=)

Posted Fri 04 Nov 11 @ 2:47 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
GGCOM wrote :
So the peeps who want video can use that and the audio only peeps can have a more streamlined version of VDJ without video code in the program.

- actually, VDJ has done a good job of separating the two so far by having the option of disabling video stuff in the menu. I hope that there is a Audio only or A+V option in the new menu, completely disabling all video code and any resources it uses for those who dont need it.

Ummm, what do you think the 'Disable Video' button already does ???

When you disable video you can't even find video or karaoke files in the browser - so, not sure how much more Disabled / Audio Only you can get ?? Obviously - without splitting the application up :)

Posted Fri 04 Nov 11 @ 2:54 pm
Well my 2 cents

Virtualdj Team, you guys are incredible. What I like about VDj and its team is that they always keep moving to something new.

Posted Fri 04 Nov 11 @ 2:58 pm
GGCOMPRO InfinityMember since 2008
hey, all merry and super happy here if you keep that disable video button in the new re-write;)

the newborn has my blessings;)

some ideas for babyfood:

1 button for sending the looped section to sampler (with current eq settings) - or sampler section eq
omg, i did it again... :P

ok, last post of mine in this thread:

Thank you, thank you, thank you for this great product..! - keep it up..!

love@all

=)

Posted Fri 04 Nov 11 @ 3:31 pm
jboerlage wrote :
It might be slightly too early to ask.. but working on a skin from scratch, which is kinda allot of work.. will this effort still be worth it once VDJ8 comes out, or, since VDJ8 is supposed to be designed from scratch, will there be an entirely new skinning method?

The skin engine has indeed been re-written from scratch.
But the xml skin language itself didn't change much, and is completely backward compatible.

About what you could do to ensure that your new skin is ready to take advantage of v8 new possibility, I cannot say much yet obviously.
Many of the new things would not be compatible with vdj7, so you couldn't implement and test them now anyway.
Maybe keep your skin as a .png with transparency, instead of a .bmp (v8 engine will let you use full native transparency on every elements instead of using masks).
Other than that, I cannot say more :)

Posted Fri 04 Nov 11 @ 3:48 pm
sclavel wrote :
The skin engine has indeed been re-written from scratch. But the xml skin language itself didn't change much, and is completely backward compatible

Maybe keep your skin as a .png with transparency, instead of a .bmp (v8 engine will let you use full native transparency on every elements instead of using masks). Other than that, I cannot say more :)

Great thx!!

Native transparency sounds nice, even though I would love the skin engine to support vector such as PDF/EPS instead of pixel-ed graphics. That would render much more sharp and be immediately scalable.

Posted Fri 04 Nov 11 @ 4:04 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Skins, skins, skins.... but why on Earth nobody cares about sound quality? :-/

Posted Fri 04 Nov 11 @ 4:40 pm
MeowMixPRO InfinityMember since 2010
TexZK wrote :

Who cares about sound, i just want it to be badass looking, maybe with some dragon images on the sides and like bullet holes. Also loaded with features that i might or might not ever use.

Posted Fri 04 Nov 11 @ 6:08 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
TexZK wrote :

It was just an answer to a question :)

No one has said that the sound engine or sound quality isn't being addressed :)

I am sure there will be several enhancements in several locations ... but that is all just a guess :)

Posted Fri 04 Nov 11 @ 6:11 pm
Well I downloaded the newest version of DjDecks and the sound is on point aswell as the timecode control and effects sound badass!! Whenever VDJ8 gets released I'm positive its gonna look, sound and feel badass!! The only thing I don't like is the skins but I'm sure a couple of late nights can't solve that ;-)

The game is about to be changed
Huey

Posted Fri 04 Nov 11 @ 6:27 pm
jboerlage wrote :
Native transparency sounds nice, even though I would love the skin engine to support vector such as PDF/EPS instead of pixel-ed graphics. That would render much more sharp and be immediately scalable.

You have my vote for that too!

I've been asking/suggesting/hoping the same thing for (it seems like) forever.

It would instantly solve all the skin size issues: Skin too big/too small/not made in a certain resolution etc.

Skins are good, but give us the option of running without bitmap skins, as a standard Windows resizable app.

Posted Sat 05 Nov 11 @ 7:39 am
i've been wondering for awhile now what was in the works.....

didn't think it would be so grand as all this......

are there any changes coming for the clipbank ??

for my wish list i'd like to be able to name the individual clips , maybe have it come with multiple banks (by default),

maybe toggle the audio on and off on the clips , change clipbank number from inside the effects (instead of the config video tab)

maybe integrate the the sampler and the clipbank to have one cool sample manager ????

Posted Sat 05 Nov 11 @ 9:16 am
These are really exciting times.

I've been using VDJ since before it was VDJ. I feel like I've grown up with it.
In recent times I bought Traktor and have been playing with it but I keep using VDJ to gig.

Will be realy nice to see where this total rewrite takes us all...

Ross

Posted Sat 05 Nov 11 @ 9:42 am
wallterHome userMember since 2010
Wow, djDecks... So, the coloured waveforms are finally on the way ;-)?

Posted Sat 05 Nov 11 @ 10:10 am
Thats whats up.. Congrats Im stoked to hear about VDJ8 you guys already developed almost everything I could wish for. I'm sure this is going to be huge

Posted Sat 05 Nov 11 @ 12:59 pm
MorettaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Here are my 2 cent, you keep hearing the same thing over and over again, So listen up Atomix!

1.re-brand the program! (change the name "VirtualDJ" it has a bad stigma behind it.)

Perception is reality; in the entertainment industry!

I'm talking about, now a days; you could be the one of the four DJs at the Club using VDJ and be killin it! and get a bad rap because of it.

2. Less is More! (make it simple for the eye to see, some of the VDJ7 skins are way too busy, for a pro DJ to use at Club)

Because why in the hell do I need a skin that looks like my CD Players or turntables if I have my CD Players or turntables right front of me! it looks cutie! but it's pointless! DJs need a clear way to read the information: bpm, cues, waveforms, effects etc.

3. Make the Difference between "Pro" and "Amateur DJ" software very clear and distinctive.

4. F*&#ing endorse some really Good! world renown DJs, show the people who's using their software to pack their Stadium size concerts up with it! you need over the shoulder shots of DJ,________ (insert your favorite DJ name) killing it with the program.

These are just two of the improvements I'll like to see for myself.

1. More support for Macs
2. Colored Wave forms, for many reasons and beside music is made up of various musical instruments & sounds. one solid colored waveform really doesn't do it any justice!

Maximus★Moretta! Out!

Posted Sat 05 Nov 11 @ 1:59 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
Moretta wrote :
endorse some really Good! world renown DJs, show the people who's using their software to pack their Stadium size concerts up with it! !

You mean like these DJs? http://www.virtualdj.com/djs/index.html

Posted Sat 05 Nov 11 @ 4:01 pm
wallterHome userMember since 2010
I've been blown away with djDecks's sound over WASAPI... priceless. Loud, crisp, you're gonna love it.

Posted Sat 05 Nov 11 @ 4:25 pm
AdvokutPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Some may never noticed this before, as VDJ already has some off the greatest DJ´s using it on live on Stage, even Snoop. But maybe its not a bad idea to endorse some more, create some really good promo videos, showing off midi, video, timecode, sampler all together in an astonishing routine and drop that together with the release of VDJ8? I´m thinking about something along the lines of DJ Anubus´ Denon MC6000 promovideo:

Posted Sat 05 Nov 11 @ 4:27 pm
Well all I can say is it seems that the news of Atomix and Adionsoft coming together and the re-write for VDJ8 is making a big buzz around the web.

I really cant wait to get my hands on VDJ8

Posted Sat 05 Nov 11 @ 4:31 pm
30%