Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [NEWS] Atomix Productions acquires AdionSoft - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

xcakidPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Please add the vid camera function to Mac version...

Posted Thu 03 Nov 11 @ 10:50 pm
GGCOMPRO InfinityMember since 2008
dont want to sound silly , but, do you want to dj or watch movies?

I can recommend some video apps if u like=)

please add newest and best stretching algorithms, sound engine, eq crossovers between channels and work on stability, soundcard communication protocols and cpu friendliness if ur bored :P

love@all =)

Posted Thu 03 Nov 11 @ 10:54 pm
AdvokutPRO InfinityMember since 2010
^^ just because YOU dont use videomixing, doesnt mean that its useless, cĀ“mon man. that said, congrats to Atomix, i really look forward to VDJ8 and wish Atomix best of luck to be even more successfull than they are now. I hope the video mixing engine gets overhauled too, so it can compete or even outdo Mix Emergency. Video SSL or any other Video Dj Software.

one love, Advokut

Posted Thu 03 Nov 11 @ 11:25 pm
One word... AWESOME!! I can't wait to see where the future is headed for Atomix!! Excellent work!

DJ RuDe

Keep Spinnin'!!

Posted Fri 04 Nov 11 @ 12:28 am
THANK YOU VDJ BEST SOFTWARE and ONLY GETS BETTER look forward to the release of VDJ8

Posted Fri 04 Nov 11 @ 12:58 am
OOOOOO--------YESSSSSSS

Posted Fri 04 Nov 11 @ 1:08 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Let me quote a well-known personality:

That will be leeeeeeeeegen.... *oh, wait for it* ........................... dary!

Posted Fri 04 Nov 11 @ 3:49 am
I hope the sampler's had a revamp!

Posted Fri 04 Nov 11 @ 3:56 am
Ok... nice... but... what about the updates ? still free for pro registered users ?

Posted Fri 04 Nov 11 @ 4:31 am
marksmolinski wrote :
djsonance wrote :
Ok this is not funny. Im losing sleep over this. This the nth time I'm checking this site for the release of VDJ 8. Haha. Im really excited.

I don't think the news you're thinking of will be tonight.

the usual pattern of upgrades is that the sticky comes down during the week...
then we wait...

and usually Sunday morning.. BAM!!!

VirtualDJ 8 is still under development. As usual, we don't give any deadlines (new versions are released when they got stable and we can't find any bugs left, not when some marketing deadline arrived).
But don't get yourself over-excited, it's not going to be here this sunday. We're talking more than a few weeks ;)
The previous topic was un-stickyied because the release of 7.0.5 is not "news" anymore, that's it.

Posted Fri 04 Nov 11 @ 5:35 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Oh Damn, I've just thought, I'm going to have to update this, just wished I had kept the original files... this one's going in the bin, lol.

Posted Fri 04 Nov 11 @ 6:41 am
gullumPRO InfinityMember since 2007
First thing I thought when 7.0.5b topic dropped the sticky was now a 7.something is on the way :D but dam it it's gonna be an 8.0 :D

Posted Fri 04 Nov 11 @ 6:51 am
Well this is great news as I just posted a topic on how PCDJ REX on a MAC can do video mixing with out problems, as I am having a lot of problems with VDJ.

Man a few weeks is like an eternity this time of year with all Xmas parties coming up.

I am new to VDJ and happy that I have joined, and to those who don't care for video mixing, it is be coming the new craze in clubs all over NA with flat screens costing next to nothing.

Look forward to Ver 8, can you tell us if video mixing will be fixed for Mac's?

Thanks and congrats

Posted Fri 04 Nov 11 @ 8:26 am
radiofcPRO InfinityMember since 2006
This is great news. I have been using the software for over 5 years now and while it had its teething problems (partly the software and partly my configuration of it) it has generally worked very well for me. My only concern is how well the entire re-write of the software will work - this decision was not taken lightly I'll bet but as someone from a software background I can appreciate how risky it is.

Is anyone from Atomix able to confirm if both VDJ8 and VDJ7 will be able to co-reside on the same machine? This way we get to hammer the hell out of VDJ8 in a safe environment and confidently continue to use VDJ7 in a live environment. But who know perhaps this version will be bug free?!!

Best of luck with the new acquisition to everyone at Atomix and all the new AdionSoft team.

Posted Fri 04 Nov 11 @ 9:25 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Netsrac1967 wrote :
Look forward to Ver 8, can you tell us if video mixing will be fixed for Mac's?

Not sure what problems you might be referring to - but feel free to open a topic (if one doesn't already exist) on your issues in the Mac Forum so they can be addressed - http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/61/MAC_Version_Technical_Support.html

radiofc wrote :
Is anyone from Atomix able to confirm if both VDJ8 and VDJ7 will be able to co-reside on the same machine? This way we get to hammer the hell out of VDJ8 in a safe environment and confidently continue to use VDJ7 in a live environment.

As with prior releases when 'significant' changes have occurred - we have always taken this into consideration. Don't see why would would change that philosophy now :)

Posted Fri 04 Nov 11 @ 10:16 am
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
WOW my name is on the vid a few times plus my old avatar. I think i broke my mouse lol

Posted Fri 04 Nov 11 @ 10:28 am
No, thats the last thing we need.

A load of different versions, stop this horrible suggestion.

PS,

With CDS4 skin and VDJ 8 announced it's a little over-whelming, buzzing off this skin only.

http://djdecks.be/

Posted Fri 04 Nov 11 @ 10:51 am
radiofcPRO InfinityMember since 2006
cstoll wrote :

As with prior releases when 'significant' changes have occurred - we have always taken this into consideration. Don't see why would would change that philosophy now :)

That's great. Thanks for the quick reply.

Posted Fri 04 Nov 11 @ 11:23 am
sclavel wrote :
marksmolinski wrote :
djsonance wrote :
Ok this is not funny. Im losing sleep over this. This the nth time I'm checking this site for the release of VDJ 8. Haha. Im really excited.

I don't think the news you're thinking of will be tonight.

the usual pattern of upgrades is that the sticky comes down during the week...
then we wait...

and usually Sunday morning.. BAM!!!

VirtualDJ 8 is still under development. As usual, we don't give any deadlines (new versions are released when they got stable and we can't find any bugs left, not when some marketing deadline arrived).
But don't get yourself over-excited, it's not going to be here this sunday. We're talking more than a few weeks ;)
The previous topic was un-stickyied because the release of 7.0.5 is not "news" anymore, that's it.

Take all the time you need to make it right guys. I am very excited about it, but at the same time wouldnt want a buggy software thats been rushed through. VDJ has always pushed the envelope, and Im sure you guys wont disappoint. Although I must say I'd be pretty damn excited with any news on features or screenshots. But I guess you guys will share those closer to the release date.

Posted Fri 04 Nov 11 @ 12:33 pm
@VDJStaff

It might be slightly too early to ask.. but working on a skin from scratch, which is kinda allot of work.. will this effort still be worth it once VDJ8 comes out, or, since VDJ8 is supposed to be designed from scratch, will there be an entirely new skinning method?

Posted Fri 04 Nov 11 @ 2:14 pm
20%