Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: OS X Lion & VirtualDJ - Page: 4

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hello guys,
I have a problem and maybe you can help me finding out a solution:

I was running quite good my VDJ 7.0.4 and a Hercules RMX controller with a MacBP 13'' mid 2009 with a 2.26 Mhz processor, 2GB in Ram, 44 free GB in HD and Snow Leopard.

I decided to install Lion and I had a bad experience (my fault not testing before) at the gig because it was consuming the whole RAM and every time I wanted to load a song from the controller in the 2nd deck, the song playing was kind of stopping while loading. I found as a quick solution to load the song with the mouse directly from the laptop instead of with the controller. The CPU graph from virtual was going full to red... but it was not stopping.

Next day I bought a 4 GB RAM and I installed it, so now I have 4 GB in one slot, 1 GB in the 2nd slot. The performance was quite good again with plenty of free RAM available. This effect disappeared.

However, after running for about 3 hours the RAM is changing the free RAM goes from 3 GB to only 200 MB, something like that. As well, the Inactive RAM goes from 200 MB to about § GB... is like inverting and suddenly the laptop needs to start Page outs... and

What would you recommend me ?
Do you know about a similar behavior in other colleagues ?

Thinking of getting the full RAM capacity... another 4 GB RAM... to have 8 in total. Should it be a good approach?

Thank you!

Posted Sun 04 Sep 11 @ 1:13 pm

Here the active monitor screen...
The effect seems to be related with the time VDJ is running... the free RAM at the start is quite big and at the end almost zero..
I am concerned because when it is almost zero, seems to appear the same problem of loading and stopping the song playing...

Posted Sun 04 Sep 11 @ 1:19 pm
sosadePRO (OEM)Member since 2003
my Numark djio not Working with lion is there any newer Updates ?? does any body else have this Problem??how can i solve this?/ thanks in advanced!

Posted Tue 06 Sep 11 @ 4:51 pm
My Numark djio is working with lion!

To install:

Step 1 - extract installer from "dmg" in another Mac with Leopard.

Step 2 - install the file "mpkg" in Mac / Lion.

On my macbook it worked.

Posted Wed 07 Sep 11 @ 1:54 pm
Can anyone please help, i have tried several different types of virtual dj and cannot get any of them to work on lion. the only type that has worked is virtual dj home that i downloaded from the app store (however this is crap baring in mind you can only use decks with it for 10 minutes), all the others come up with the same error message 'invalid skin file (error line %i in the xml)'. i have tried unzipping the skin files but this did not work.

Any ideas?

DJ Cellador

Posted Thu 15 Sep 11 @ 11:35 am
agmdPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Wow - thanks for the advise on the 2 sound card problem - I've been battling with it fo a week! Deleting the VDJ aggregate sound card worked perfectly. Bit lousy - put me into a panic in the middle of a gig, ended up running 1 card mono split - not cool!

Posted Thu 15 Sep 11 @ 2:27 pm
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
@djcellador

Try deleting the program completely and reinstall from scratch.

Let us know how you made out.

Posted Thu 15 Sep 11 @ 2:58 pm
so i have a mac book pro os x with the lion thing and idk what wrong im trying to instal my mixer (hercules rmx) and it doesnt let me it says it just cant be installed but vdj was installed

Posted Sun 18 Sep 11 @ 5:42 pm

Posted Sun 18 Sep 11 @ 7:17 pm
Hey, I have a question? Is there a serial number for the Mac OSX App version of VirtualDJ Home? I wanted to register the program into my profile here. Also, is there a way to download more effects and samples?

Posted Sat 24 Sep 11 @ 3:03 pm
VirtualDJ Home FREE is free software and does not have a serial number.

If you wish to be able to download add-ons, you will need to purchase VirtualDJ: http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html

Add-ons are only available to registered licensed users who have purchased the software.

Posted Sat 24 Sep 11 @ 6:39 pm
@DJ KOZ
thanks bro :)

Posted Sat 08 Oct 11 @ 6:16 pm
No problem.

Posted Mon 10 Oct 11 @ 9:18 am
i can't seem to get my numark mixdeck to work on lion what so ever anybody have any tips or know something that can help also does anyone know if numark is going to update there drivers soon so it can work with lion

Posted Tue 11 Oct 11 @ 5:21 pm

Posted Wed 12 Oct 11 @ 5:15 am
Bonjour
Problème carte double avec VDJ 7 pro FULL sous OSX LION :
Je viens d'installer VDJ 7 sur mon mac, problème, lorsque je met en dual sound card, le son est saturé sur la carte son externe (soit par l'écran HDMI soit sur la carte son stick USB freetalk). Donc apparemment il y a un problème sur la gestion d'une deuxième carte, car le bug est sur toutes cartes externes à l'ordi. J'ai tenté de modifier la latence, les paramètres mais rien à faire, ça sature ... help

Posted Wed 19 Oct 11 @ 3:25 am
Sorry, this forum is for English language messages only. Please either post your message again in English or post in the appropriate language forum at the bottom of http://www.virtualdj.com/forums

Please also do not post the same message more than once.

Posted Wed 19 Oct 11 @ 5:06 am
Running Mac OSX Lion and VDJ crashes everytime I broadcast online.

Posted Mon 24 Oct 11 @ 4:41 pm
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
Guess it is more the Mac Firewall ;-)

Disable it for a test or try to connect via http://www.listen2myradio.com/
That's the simplest way to let you share, your tunes with your friends and more.

Posted Sat 29 Oct 11 @ 1:18 pm
hey guy i need help with virtual ive been using it with pc for a whilee now and i finally upgraded my stuff i having problems
i got a mac powerbook g4 2gb ram 120gb harddrive and i tried downloading my virtual dj 7 pro to it and it says its not supported any ideas
????
thanks!!

Posted Sun 27 Nov 11 @ 6:49 pm
75%