Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: How can I optimize my vista laptop for Virtual DJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

SC300PRO InfinityMember since 2008
I had a mess on my laptop so I decided to put my files on a hard drive and did a recovery. Now everything is back to the first day I got it, its a fresh start and I need help tweaking it for Virtual DJ. Any advice guys? BTW I did instal Virtual DJ and put in some songs to test it out. My CPU meter is reaching the 50%, what things should I be tweaking to make it preform better. Thanks.

Posted Sat 04 Jun 11 @ 3:52 pm
is your Vista 32 or 64 bit ?

how much ram ?

will you be playing video ?

if you PM me i have a long list

get your self these items, they are free .......CCleaner and Gamebooster and QuickRestore Maker

set yourself a restore point now, before starting

remove your battery and never use it

Posted Sat 04 Jun 11 @ 4:01 pm

Posted Sat 04 Jun 11 @ 4:04 pm
i have additional tweaks to those ....

also i'm not convinced moving the page file off the C: is a good thing and i no longer

do it

UWT (Ultimate Windows Tweaker) (previously Tweak UI) is excellent

Posted Sat 04 Jun 11 @ 11:04 pm
BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
i always keep my laptop to a minimum and shed it of all unnecessary files, animations, sounds, programmes, fonts etc.

then i use tuneup utilities to keep things running smoothly.

http://www.tuneup-software.co.uk/products/tuneup-utilities/?x-rest=&gclid=CNSMg9u5pKkCFUEb4Qodg17uuw

also turn off all network cards when your not using them, turn off mics and webcams, shortcut keys. remove as many programmes from your startup list as possible.

theres loads of ways you can tweek your laptop, theres loads of discussions on here that have been covered before.

Posted Tue 07 Jun 11 @ 1:46 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)