Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Numark NS6 - Page: 12

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

SintarPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Hi all. I'm struggling a bit with all this Master Deck stuff, I won't post about that here (any more than I just did), but to avoid that on my NS6 I've read Bout using it in 2 Deck mode. My question is, if I'm using the NS6 skin, how exactly do I put it in two deck mode. I only use two virtual decks anyway, I have two cdj1000mk3s plugged into channels 3 and 4 on the NS6.

As it stand at the moment, deck 1 seems to end up as Master Deck and I can't use SYNC anymore, which considering we generally use Virtusl DJ software via a remote makes it a problem. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious here, but it has me a bit stumped ATM.

Cheers people!

Posted Mon 04 Jun 12 @ 7:18 pm
I'm not sure why, but it wouldn't let me edit me last post to add more info so I'll just do another post.

After reading through this post again I saw that it was this topic that included other talking of problems with the Sync button not working on one deck (I thought it was some other post, I've been reading a lot of them), can I ask anyone how they got around this problem please? Id especially love it if someone uses the NS6 skin and has found a way around this issue.
I really don't get this, as it is now, if I load a track in say deck 1 play it, then sync deck 2 to it for a mix it's all good. But then when I get back to loading a new track into deck 1 that is a different BPM, how on earth do I sync it? This seems very very strange behavior. I deeply appreciate Ayone who can enlighten me on this.

Thanks

Posted Tue 05 Jun 12 @ 3:55 am
DJECoast wrote :
I would not suggest the NS6 for scratching, but I'm not a scratch DJ so take that for what its worth. Overall its a great unit, mic's sound good and its very portable, yada, yada, yada. BUT, I've recently been experiencing issues with touch sensitivity. Perhaps its just my unit or MBP, idk, but its driving me nuts.
If you want to scratch I would go with the NS7FX but its twice the size & 3 times the weight of the NS6.
Anyone else having issues with the touch sensitivity? Heres my start up... Power on 6, fire up VDJ, click on browser to update tunes, video, touch platters, click A & B front buttons left and right ( 2 deck mode ) and when I load a song and hit play I can stop the platter by simply waving my hand over it. Get that solved and then the issue is the platter wont respond in scratch mode.... very annoying.

Heh mate you have to calibrate the NS6 every time you start it up, just touch both platters a few times when you first turn it on, that will fix the over sensitivity problem you mention.

EDIT (yes, working now), after re reading your post I see you do touch the platters. Have you tried doing it straight away Fter turning the ns6 on? And multiple times at that. If I don't do this the music stops every time I reach across the unit :). Suffice it to say I have forgotten to do this many times, sometimes to my detriment.

Posted Tue 05 Jun 12 @ 4:11 am
the masterdeck is the one all other decks will sync to when you use more than a 2 deck skin. if you look on Ro's NS6 skin you will see numbers directly above the line faders, the one highlighted in white is the masterdeck.

If you are trying to sync deck 1 when deck 1 is the master it won't work because it is already synced to itself so for it to match deck 2 you would have to make deck 2 the master... with mapping you could play around with a specific command on your controller.

"device_side 'left' ? deck left sync rightdeck : deck right sync leftdeck"

not sure if it will work, and really not sure why the masterdeck doesn't automatically change like the selected deck but I never use it so never looked any further.

Posted Tue 05 Jun 12 @ 6:30 am
Aha, that why the numbers colors change with the cross fader. Ok, so the Master Deck will change, that's helpful, I thought it was hard assigned and that just made no sense. I was just trying to get everything going today and wasn't properly having a mix so I didn't take the channels don or move the cross fader all the time. That explains why it sometimes seemed to work but mostly not

Once again I am in your debt my friend. My thanks to you. Looking forward to getting home now to test this, but I'm sure it'll work fine as long as I actually move the faders down or across thus telling it to swop which is the Master Deck. I knew I must have been missing something otherwise there would be a lot more talk of it on here.

Ciao

Posted Tue 05 Jun 12 @ 6:37 am
i recently bought this controller installed in my mac-book pro with no issues, mapping is working fine, even map some samplers by itself to the a/b fx buttons, don't know why it did it but its awsome lol

Posted Tue 05 Jun 12 @ 10:28 am
Sintar wrote :
I'm not sure why, but it wouldn't let me edit me last post to add more info so I'll just do another post.

After reading through this post again I saw that it was this topic that included other talking of problems with the Sync button not working on one deck (I thought it was some other post, I've been reading a lot of them), can I ask anyone how they got around this problem please? Id especially love it if someone uses the NS6 skin and has found a way around this issue.
I really don't get this, as it is now, if I load a track in say deck 1 play it, then sync deck 2 to it for a mix it's all good. But then when I get back to loading a new track into deck 1 that is a different BPM, how on earth do I sync it? This seems very very strange behavior. I deeply appreciate Ayone who can enlighten me on this.

Thanks

use different skin, i did have the same problem with deck2 not sync, using 4 deck skin, then i switch to mixlab skin and everything works just as it should, fx, cue , loops, everything... if you don't want that skin try another one or just manually sync, it takes a little bit more of time but it's fun, all by ears as old days ;)

Posted Tue 05 Jun 12 @ 10:35 am
Totally agree on the manual mixing mate, but I go away with non DJs too and they need the SYNC button, plus we tend to use the remote a bit. I actually quite like mixing on the ns6, I can see myself using the CDJs much less.

After testing it when I got home last night I see that the numbers above the channel strips are press able as Synthet1c suggested. So all working great now. It doesn't seem to swop the Master Deck automatically, not sure if it should or not. That'd be great, but this is still more than fine, just a matter of habit I guess.

Posted Tue 05 Jun 12 @ 6:07 pm
Anyone know how to set the Master Deck to auto switch. It seemed to be doing that occasionally yesterday, but today I have to press the numbers at the top of the NS6 skin channel faders manually to switch it.

Cheers

Posted Wed 06 Jun 12 @ 5:42 am
you could probably remap the pfl button to swap it over...

"select & masterdeck"

then again you would be syncing to the wrong deck if you did this I think.

but not sure why it isn't automatically switched over? hopefully a teamer can shed some light on it.

Posted Wed 06 Jun 12 @ 6:24 am
OK Guys.... There is so much writings on the forum about the NS6 but thus far I have not seem my issue. If it has been answered then please forgive me for the duplicate.

I have had the NS6 for some time. I went to using Itch with it because it was really new and the issues. Now that some time has gone by, I wanted to revisit VDJ with it. I STILL can't get this thing to work right. It doesn't matter what I install or uninstall. When I try to play a song it sends a screeching horrible sound out of the speakers. It does not matter what file format either. I cannot figure out what is causing this or how to fix it.

I know that is pretty vague but it is all I have.....

Macbook Pro 17
Lion

VDJ 7.0.5 PRO mac (b380)

Any hints?

Thanks for your time.

Posted Thu 07 Jun 12 @ 9:40 am
Does it do the same if you run it without your NS6 attached ?

Posted Thu 07 Jun 12 @ 6:51 pm
micbob4PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Purchased ns6 and installed all drivers. One of the issues im having is when i bring down channel fader on ns6 mixer it stops the song playing on that channel and i have to start from beginning of song. Anyone know why?

Posted Thu 05 Jul 12 @ 8:00 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
micbob4 wrote :
Purchased ns6 and installed all drivers. One of the issues im having is when i bring down channel fader on ns6 mixer it stops the song playing on that channel and i have to start from beginning of song. Anyone know why?

It is because you have the FADER Start features ON. Check your switches on the front left of the unit. Make sure they are OFF.

Posted Thu 05 Jul 12 @ 9:31 am
cstoll wrote :
micbob4 wrote :

It is because you have the FADER Start features ON. Check your switches on the front left of the unit. Make sure they are OFF.

Hopefully in the future we could have more control on "fader_start" .

Something like "crossfader_start" and "channelfader_start".

Posted Thu 05 Jul 12 @ 12:18 pm
TWO MONTH REPAIR TIME... It's true!

I LOVED my NS6 but when they told me it would be two months to be fixed, I went and purchased a Denon and then when my NS6 came back, I sold it immediately!

Buyer beware!

This is 100% true and I have the documentation to prove it!

Scott

Posted Thu 05 Jul 12 @ 4:15 pm
Thanks, got the fader issue resolved but now I can not get headphones to work properly. When I press PFL headphone on mixer no headphones or I get headphones and main mix. I'm going straight from laptop via USB to mixer. Is there a specific config for sound setup that I need to set for the fader to work left and right channel and allow headphones to work properly? Do I need two seperate sound cards? When using serato itch it works fine. Thanks

Posted Thu 05 Jul 12 @ 10:06 pm
Think i may need to take back ns6 or use serato. It appears that there are still some compatibility issues with ns6 and virtual and with the price of this unit I do not want to have something thats limited. May go with mc6000

Posted Fri 06 Jul 12 @ 9:23 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
There are not compatibility issues between the NS6 and VirtualDJ.

You do not have the Sound Configuration properly set ... which is clearly outlined in the PDF file for the mappings - http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/download/src/13230/NS6-VIRTUALDJ%20Manual%20-%20v1.0.pdf

Select the Sound card tab and use the following settings –
-- INPUTS - None
-- OUTPUTS - Headphones
-- SOUND CARD – Numark NS6 ASIO

Additionally it would help if you registered your license - http://www.virtualdj.com/users/edit.html
Otherwise, people will perceive you as using a cracked version and be less likely to help you.

Posted Fri 06 Jul 12 @ 9:44 am
Thanks for your help, I will try it. Thought i registered already but will go back and update. Thanks

<<<< LOOK Under your user name -- NO Graphic and says "No License User" -- if you registered it would say "Professional Edition User" - cstoll

Posted Fri 06 Jul 12 @ 10:08 am
91%