Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Notebooks/Netbooks with analog 3D card. Do you know any?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Speedy53PRO InfinityStaffMember since 2008
The common sense says that notebooks with analog 3D cards doesn't exists, but yesterday a user reported the first case I hear about.
The user had set the Dell XPS-15 soundcard to 4.1 mode, and then setup master and headphone outputs on each headphone plug (there are two of them) with VirtualDJ.
He has normal PFL and don't needs a second card or mono separated.
Do you know any other notebooks with this feature?

Posted Wed 25 May 11 @ 8:50 am
HDMI (and [mini]-display port) can support 7.1 audio as well as video. If a laptop has HDMI it probably can do this.

Edit: Sorry I misread the question. This would be for digital audio of course. I don't know of any laptops with dual headphone sockets, although if you do come across one with a realtek audio chipset you are generally able to change the front audio ports to a second soundcard.

Posted Wed 25 May 11 @ 10:32 am
Dell XPS-15 is the first notebook with this feature I've heard about. You can change the two headphones plugs into separated analog outputs (front and rear), exactly as we can do at common desktop soundcards.

Posted Thu 26 May 11 @ 8:34 am
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
Maybe i don't understand you in the right way, but any PC/Notebook with a embedded 4:1 or higher soundcard can do this.
No need then for a second soundcard.

My "old" msi notebook hold a 4.1 soundcard and i can use one output as the master and one for the headphone, stereo.

Posted Thu 26 May 11 @ 9:36 am
4.1 cards (or higher) are mostly common at desktops, but rare in notebooks. Off course, this may not be true all over the world.
So far as I can see, newer notebooks tends to have 3D digital outputs (SPDIF or HDMI) wich are useless to DJ prelistening.
So, notebook owners tends to need a second card to work with VirtualDJ.
I think it's hard to find new notebooks with analog 3D soundcards. When I bought my last notebook, I could not find one with this feature.
Thats why I asked about notebooks or laptops with 3D analog cards.

Posted Thu 26 May 11 @ 9:31 pm
my Dell inspirion has dual headphones but no... the sigma card doesnt allow it to configure that way..

Posted Fri 27 May 11 @ 5:56 am
Dell XPS-15 wiith Realtek card, specifically.

Posted Sat 28 May 11 @ 6:32 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)