Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Help please!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hey everyone im pretty new to all of this so please bare with me.

about 2 months ago i bought a hercules dj mp3 e2 and have been using it quite a lot. but after enjoying it to the fullest i wanted to upgrade so i just recently purchased a USED numark MIXDECK universal dj system and i did not receive the traktor disc. so i have been trying to run it on virtual dj and it wont work. it just gives me an error message when i start it up saying software is not connected. my friend sent me his copy of vdj and i managed to get it to work but with some problems!!! when i use the volume control on the mixer it will not work. and when i have both tracks playing they play on the same channel. the effects and looping is all good but not being able to fade from one deck to another is a serious problem.

Please help and i appreciate your time. I am very noob as this and would consider any input, thanks!

Posted Thu 28 Apr 11 @ 8:48 pm
it is ILLEGAL for your friend to share their VirtualDJ with you. Please uninstall and delete it IMMEDIATELY.

Your MixDeck did not come with VirtualDJ LE included, so you are not entitled to VirtualDJ LE for Numark MixDeck.

The version of VirtualDJ that you currently own will work with Hercules DJ Console MP3e2 only.

If you wish to use other controllers such as MixDeck, then you will need to upgrade to the full legitimate VirtualDJ Professional at a discount by going to http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

Posted Thu 28 Apr 11 @ 8:55 pm
okay thats a lot of money, theres no other way i can run it with other software that is free? i would love to upgrade to virtual dj pro but cannot afford to do so right now.

Posted Thu 28 Apr 11 @ 10:50 pm
i just noticed on the mixdeck box it says Traktor numark edition. since i have purchased the numark product is there a way i can locate the traktor software without paying for it again?

Posted Thu 28 Apr 11 @ 11:06 pm
SmokinDaPurple wrote :
okay thats a lot of money, theres no other way i can run it with other software that is free? i would love to upgrade to virtual dj pro but cannot afford to do so right now.

No there is not - You must purchase the full software if you wish to use it with other MIDI controllers.

You purchased a second hand DJ controller so you are not entitled to the LE software that originally came free with it. It also did not come with VirtualDJ LE, so you are not entitled to use with VirtualDJ in any circumstance unless you purchase the full VirtualDJ Professional. Like VirtualDJ LE, I would expect that Traktor LE is non-transferable. For further information, please contact their support via their website.

If you like VirtualDJ, please support it and its future development by purchasing it: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

The only way to legally use VirtualDJ free is to use Home FREE ( http://www.virtualdj.com/download/free.html ), but that is for NON-COMMERCIAL use only at home and does not support any MIDI controllers (Except for 10 minutes as a trial of the full VirtualDJ Pro.)

Posted Fri 29 Apr 11 @ 11:54 am
I recently purcharsed a new Numark Mixdeck Universal. I installed all cds as instructed and even upgraded to Virtual DJ Pro Full. However the center portion of the deck (Cross fader and knobs) will not respond to VIrtual DJ. Both the left and right potions respond along with the decks, but I have tried everything and cant get the center portion to respond to Virtual DJ while in MIDI mode. Please help me out, this is driving me crazy!!

Posted Fri 29 Jul 11 @ 12:29 am

Posted Fri 29 Jul 11 @ 7:16 am
I had the same problem, a brand new mixdeck .....downloaded the VDJ PRO full 7 and the crossfader doesnt work!!!! now i am reading that the crossfader on the mixdeck doesnt coinside with VDJ on the laptop....and to boot the video wont be mixed that way either? so how do yo mix videos with the VDJ pro 7 and the numark mixdeck????

Posted Sat 06 Aug 11 @ 10:50 pm
You map a spare knob on the Mixdeck, thats what Ive done and it works great.

Enjoy
Huey

Posted Sat 06 Aug 11 @ 11:01 pm

Posted Sat 06 Aug 11 @ 11:14 pm
@beatbreaker1............how do you map a spare knob? and this is strictly for video transitioning (video dee jaying). you have to excuse me, im new to digital djing and im just getting started without any help. watching youtube helps somewhat, but still not detailed. i am just about ready to sell all ive just invested if i cant get these music videos i have just aquired to mix on VDJ. The VDJ Pro 7 configure tabs dont have as much detail as the older VDJ programs. Mapping should be easier, there isnt even a tutorial for shortcuts!!! HELPPPPPPPPPP can you please send me your mapper!?

Posted Sun 07 Aug 11 @ 2:45 am

Posted Mon 08 Aug 11 @ 5:10 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)