Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: SLIP MODE - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

dydy1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
SLIP MODE= Option to allow you to scratch using a touch sensitive and then when let go for the song to go bak to exactly where it should have been as if the track was never interrupted.

Posted Mon 14 Mar 11 @ 2:29 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Hmmm, i have an idea, but i'll have to try it first. I was thinking something like... cloning the deck to a spare one, and when the slip mode goes off clones the deck back. ... i'll report later.

[EDIT] It was faster than i thought... :p
Use a 4 deck skin..

SLIP MODE ON.. deck 1 clone_deck 3
SLIP MODE OFF.. deck 3 clone_deck 1

Deck's 3 volume must be always down (0%). You might have a slight sound gap, depending on your sound card latency. Mine doesnt have such. Try it and post feedback.

[EDIT2]
Or use a siingle button to toggle SLIP MODE with the folloowing code
var_equal "slipmode" 0 ? deck 1 clone_deck 3 & set "slipmode" 1 : deck 3 clone_deck 1 & set "slipmode" 0

I'm sure jpboggis will fix this script to toggle slipmode automatically when touchwheel is active.(with touchwheel_touch)

You see, Pioneer sells so expensive these features. VDJ asks much less ...lol !!!

Posted Mon 14 Mar 11 @ 3:48 pm
Well, i'm close...

This one if you assign to your Touch_Wheel_Touch
touchwheel_touch & down ? var_equal "clon" 0 ? deck 1 clone_deck 3 & set "clon" 1 : nothing : deck 3 clone_deck 1 & set "clon" 0
it will work as described, but i cant make it work according to slipmode.
This doesnt work
var_equal "slipmode" 1 ? touchwheel_touch & down ? var_equal "clon" 0 ? deck 1 clone_deck 3 & set "clon" 1 : nothing : deck 3 clone_deck 1 & set "clon" 0 : touchwheel_touch

I will need some help here..

Posted Mon 14 Mar 11 @ 5:01 pm
Ok i got it

Assign a keyboard or midi shortcut to to toggle SLIPMODE
var_equal "$slipmod" 0 ? set "$slipmod" 1 : set "$slipmod" 0

then assign you TOUCH_JOG, as
var_equal "$slipmod" 0 ? touchwheel_touch : touchwheel_touch & down ? var_equal "clon" 0 ? deck 1 clone_deck 3 & set "clon" 1 : touchwheel_touch : deck 3 clone_deck 1 & set "clon" 0

you might need to replace touchwheel_touch with speedwheel_touch or jogwheel.

Posted Mon 14 Mar 11 @ 6:23 pm
Hows that old saying go, "Master we are not worthy", frickin genius! Take that Pioneer, lol!!

Huey

Posted Mon 14 Mar 11 @ 7:56 pm
dydy1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
djdad, thank you. I will try your scripts when I get home.

Posted Mon 14 Mar 11 @ 8:49 pm
I need to clarify one thing more.
You dont have to choose a 4 deck skin to make this work. You may also use a 2 deck skin. But you have to edit the first line of the xml file.
Replace nbdecks="2" with nbdecks="4" and you're good to go.

Posted Mon 14 Mar 11 @ 9:17 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
This is way too cool :D How to make such a thing with loops? I'm lazy and not too good in VDJscripting...

Posted Tue 15 Mar 11 @ 4:44 pm
Hmmm thats a little harder, because there are several ways to activate a loop, so you will have to change the script to loop, loopin, out, maybe loop1,2,4,8, etc.

I'll report a solution..

Ps i will post later the script for touchwheel_touch to work SlipMode on both decks..

Posted Tue 15 Mar 11 @ 5:27 pm
Ok..here we go..
The SLIP MODE final release

For Controllers !
Assign a button to your controller as
var_equal "slipmod" 0 ? set "slipmod" 1 : set "slipmod" 0

and assign your touchwheel_touch as ..
var_equal "slipmod" 0 ? touchwheel_touch : touchwheel_touch & down ? var_equal "clon" 0 ? device_side 'left' ? deck 1 clone_deck 3 & set "clon" 1 : deck 2 clone_deck 4 & set "clon" 1 : touchwheel_touch : device_side "left" ? deck 3 clone_deck 1 & set "clon" 0 : deck 4 clone_deck 2 & set "clon" 0

as you may noticed the var slipmode is not global anymore, meaning that you can switch on and off Slip Mode to each deck separately.

Posted Tue 15 Mar 11 @ 5:46 pm
TexZKPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hmm... I'll try that with my CDJ-900 :-) I LOVE the slip mode on that toy :D

Posted Wed 16 Mar 11 @ 2:21 pm
TexZK,
You can try these too on your CDJs 900

SLIP MODE for Loops 1..8

Assign
LOOP1
var_equal "slipmod" 1 ? loop ? device_side 'left' ? deck 3 clone_deck 1 & loop_out : deck 4 clone_deck 2 & loop_out : device_side 'left' ? deck 1 clone_deck 3 & loop 1 : deck 2 clone_deck 4 & loop 1 : loop 1
Assign
LOOP2
var_equal "slipmod" 1 ? loop ? device_side 'left' ? deck 3 clone_deck 1 & loop_out : deck 4 clone_deck 2 & loop_out : device_side 'left' ? deck 1 clone_deck 3 & loop 2 : deck 2 clone_deck 4 & loop 2 : loop 2
LOOP4
var_equal "slipmod" 1 ? loop ? device_side 'left' ? deck 3 clone_deck 1 & loop_out : deck 4 clone_deck 2 & loop_out : device_side 'left' ? deck 1 clone_deck 3 & loop 4 : deck 2 clone_deck 4 & loop 4 : loop 4
LOOP8
var_equal "slipmod" 1 ? loop ? device_side 'left' ? deck 3 clone_deck 1 & loop_out : deck 4 clone_deck 2 & loop_out : device_side 'left' ? deck 1 clone_deck 3 & loop 8 : deck 2 clone_deck 4 & loop 8 : loop 8

Not perfect yet. It works ok, but if you try to jump from loop 2 to loop 1 it messes up :p

For now, you may use loop_double and loop_half combined with the above codes, to work.

Posted Thu 17 Mar 11 @ 8:19 pm
LOOP OUT
var_equal "slipmod" 1 ? loop ? device_side 'left' ? deck 3 clone_deck 1 & loop_out : deck 4 clone_deck 2 & loop_out : device_side 'left' ? deck 1 clone_deck 3 & loop_out : deck 2 clone_deck 4 & loop_out : loop_out

LoopIn, LoopHalf and LoopDouble stay as they are.

So the only issue here is when jumping from one loop to another using loop1,2,4,8

Ohh.. and something important. I think in case of single controller such as CDJs you need to replace device_side 'left' with action_deck 1

Posted Thu 17 Mar 11 @ 8:49 pm
Is there also a way to do this without just using a clone deck? I've thought about slip mode before, I would do something like activate dump and reverse at the same time, and then maybe invert the paramater on the jog? Dump is basically like slip mode already, and when you dump and reverse at the same time, the song is moving forward. Then you could scratch, loop, cue juggle, or whatever and it would act exactly like slip mode while only using 1 deck.

Posted Wed 23 Mar 11 @ 4:08 am
If you activate dump, then the you will hear the reverse sound. I think it's not the right way to do.

Posted Wed 23 Mar 11 @ 8:57 am
ReThinkPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Would the DNS3700 be considered as having a touchwheel? This is script is interesting...

Posted Wed 23 Mar 11 @ 8:48 pm
Well those denon_platter actions, i cant tell how could they behave, by replacing those touchwheel actions. Maybe you could try. NS7 with those ns7_platter too.

We would need that feedback, if someone tries them.

Posted Wed 23 Mar 11 @ 10:28 pm
zinkyHome userMember since 2006
can this function work using the mix trak controller?

Posted Thu 31 Mar 11 @ 8:38 pm
Certainly.

Posted Fri 01 Apr 11 @ 6:13 am
I asked about this in another thread - I added the code, but I had to make a few changes to make it work.

I'm using the Denon MC6000.

var_equal '$slipmod' 0 ? touchwheel_touch : touchwheel_touch & down ? var_equal 'clon' 0 ? device_side "left" ? deck 1 clone_deck 3 & set 'clon' 1 : deck 2 clone_deck 4 & set 'clon' 1 : touchwheel_touch : device_side "left" ? deck 3 clone_deck 1 & set 'clon' 0 : deck 4 clone_deck 2 & set 'clon' 0

It's a really smart idea, great work.

The one issue I'm running into is this: let's say I'm working off the left deck. When I release the touchwheel, deck 3 clones itself immediately to deck 1. But the touchwheel is still spinning, so the spinning wheel acts on the song AFTER it got cloned back, so the cloned song gets moved by the wheel. In order for this to work, you have to come to a full stop THEN release (which sucks) , or the programming needs to clone the song AFTER the wheel stops spinning. Any ideas?

Posted Sun 24 Apr 11 @ 2:16 pm
57%