Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VirtualDJ iRemote for iPhone/iPad/iPod - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

AviryPRO InfinityMember since 2009
managed to make the skin work ok, still, a bit laggy (ipad screen gets stuck alot)
also still can't make it work on the XP side (via bootcamp)
and still very disappointed there is no "huge buttons drum-pad " skin as a default.

Posted Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 3:37 pm
adamlonsdale wrote :
Hey. I'm having a bit of trouble using this. I have VDJ opened with "Enabled" set to true on the iPhone tab. I load up the app on my phone and it just says "Trying to locate Virtual DJ" Any ideas? I'm guessing theres a specific port that I need to unblock

Cheers,

Adam.

You need to create an adhoc network first.

http://www.7tutorials.com/how-set-ad-hoc-wireless-computer-computer-network

Posted Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 3:43 pm
djjameslake wrote :
adamlonsdale wrote :
Hey. I'm having a bit of trouble using this. I have VDJ opened with "Enabled" set to true on the iPhone tab. I load up the app on my phone and it just says "Trying to locate Virtual DJ" Any ideas? I'm guessing theres a specific port that I need to unblock

Cheers,

Adam.

Hiya,

I already have the phone and my laptop on a wireless network, I think I just need to unblock a port. Otherwise I wouldnt be able to use the internet! :)

Thanks for the reply,

Adam.

Posted Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 3:44 pm
DJ FORMATPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Comeing Soon For iPad

Posted Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 3:55 pm
Aviry wrote :

and still very disappointed there is no "huge buttons drum-pad " skin as a default.

I'll make a skin like that asap ;)

And there will be tons of skins to choose from real soon

Posted Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 3:56 pm
adamlonsdale wrote :
djjameslake wrote :
adamlonsdale wrote :

Cheers,

Adam.

Hiya,

I already have the phone and my laptop on a wireless network, I think I just need to unblock a port. Otherwise I wouldnt be able to use the internet! :)

Thanks for the reply,

Adam.

One thing I had to do was change the security settings for the adhoc network to wep from wpa2 on order to get it to work

Posted Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 4:06 pm
AviryPRO InfinityMember since 2009
dj-in-norway wrote :
Aviry wrote :

I'll make a skin like that asap ;)

And there will be tons of skins to choose from real soon

now that's something good to hear! :) thanks!

does anyone else suffer from ipad lagging (jog/vinyl get stuck)?

Posted Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 4:25 pm
Well I have to say (after not being convinced of it's uses) that I'm loving the app...

I'm sat here with my DJ partner in crime and we are both controlling Virtual DJ 7 using our iPhones....so that's one copy of VDJ7PRO with two iPhones...bring on the battles!!!!!!

I'm sure, but without being able to test it, that if you had three iPhones/iPads (does the app work on iPod Touch's?), you could have one iPhone/iPad showing the left deck, one iPhone/iPad showing the mixer and the third showing the right deck... :)

Oh...and with this app, there surely has to be a strong case for VirtualDJ going multitouch ;)

Posted Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 4:26 pm
Works on iPod touch too yes ;)

And multi device for sure is a neat thing ;)

You can have two iPads, with one deck at each iPad etc ;)

Posted Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 5:15 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I just got it working on my brand new iPhone...Super ! Thanks Atomix !

A few skins will come from me too ... soon !

Posted Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 5:19 pm
jimmiemPRO InfinityMember since 2006
First off, awesome app. I'm very excited to see the progress as you add more feature.

So far mine does not show any info on the songs playing and nothing in the browser. It's all blank where on the screen shot in the app store it looks like the song info is all present. I assume I'm doing something wrong or this is some sort of bug?

Second, and this is an important feature, is that multi-touch is not enabled. I can't lower the volume on deck a and start deck b without letting go of the volume on deck a first. I really hope this is being worked on!

Keep up the good work, loving the added functionality and as a Pro user I'm happy to have a way to give you some more money and show you some more support after years of being very happy with your product.

Posted Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 5:25 pm
J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
it's times like this I wish I still had my iPhone! Ugh. I had iPhone for 6-8 months before I ditched it for Drrrrrroooooiiiiiiiiiidddddd (Verizon) due to lack of AT&T coverage.

Looks like another great effort by the Teamers and all involved in this iRemote.

Posted Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 5:30 pm

Thank you so much for the "app" we were all waiting for. This will come in handy in so many ways. Works perfect out of the box!

Cheers
DJ Wishbone

Posted Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 5:48 pm
jimmiem wrote :
First off, awesome app.

So far mine does not show any info on the songs playing and nothing in the browser. It's all blank where on the screen shot in the app store it looks like the song info is all present. I assume I'm doing something wrong or this is some sort of bug?

yes, we are fixing that.. for now do this :

sclavel wrote :
It has been reported than on iPad, sometimes the skin loads but the text are not visible.
If it happens to you, you just need to reupload a skin to the device:
To do this, connect the app and virtualdj, go in virtualdj to the iRemote page in config, and click "upload new skin".
The default iPad skin can be found here:
http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/12366/iPad_default_skin.html

This problem doesn't appear on iPhone, it has been reported only on iPad so far.
We are working to get this fixed ASAP.

Posted Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 6:14 pm
JayMSY wrote :
it's times like this I wish I still had my iPhone! Ugh. I had iPhone for 6-8 months before I ditched it for Drrrrrroooooiiiiiiiiiidddddd (Verizon) due to lack of AT&T coverage.

Looks like another great effort by the Teamers and all involved in this iRemote.

might be android apps in the future ;)

Posted Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 6:14 pm
dj-in-norway wrote :
JayMSY wrote :

might be android apps in the future ;)

Now THAT IS GREAT NEWS!!

Huey

Posted Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 6:18 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
How do i go back to the default iPhone skin ?
I installed Blacksheep and i tried to go back but i couldnt find it the /iPhone folder. I tried to download it again and install it, but i get an installation error 7. (I do have 7.02..lol)

Posted Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 7:01 pm
spzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Great app as has being said, i tried it playing on my gaming pc, as my dj laptop is stashed away with all my gear, and it works great with my i-pad, My pc dosent have wi-fi as i use a lan cable to connect to my router and the i-pad is connected thru wi-fi and it works,

so it may be of use to people to take use this method as could reduce the very minimal lag with only one wifi signal? i believe lan is faster?

thanks atomix

Posted Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 7:24 pm
Got it working here, but just wondering if there's ever gonna be the possibility to also have a search function in there for songs. Now you have to browse through existing folders. Would be great if you could just type the name of an artist and go to all the songs of that artist. Or am I missing something here? [edited] Oops, didn't read the previous page of this thread. Hope you'll find a suitable solution for that though. Don't need a full browser like on the PC. Maybe just being able to enter a string resulting in all the valable possibilities and to chose from them would be more than enough. And.... thanks people, although I'm not a pro DJ, this program has brought me so much fun over the years...

Posted Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 8:02 pm
adamlonsdale wrote :

Cheers,

Adam.

Go into your phone settings and make sure the wifi is connected

Posted Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 8:36 pm
16%