Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: VirtualDJ iRemote for iPhone/iPad/iPod - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

spzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2009
hell £5.99 ive already purchased the software, Id assume pro users would get the app for free. damn thats more money gone :(

Posted Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 10:20 am
Damn you Atomix - now you've made me go out and buy an iPad.

:-)

LOL

Posted Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 10:40 am

Posted Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 10:40 am
Is there a way to type into the browser?? it seems I can only access files/songs/videos by going to my playlists

Posted Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 10:58 am
killa app... i got it for my iphone 3gs and it works awesome..... gre8 job guys

Posted Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 11:05 am
I have an iPhone 4 running iOS 4.1 and a PC running Windows 7. My iPhone is jailbroken so I'm using the app called MiWi which turns my iPhone into a WiFi hot spot for when internet isn't available at a gig ;-)

Just tested it out and it works GREAT!

Posted Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 11:19 am
Ive already downloaded the app for mi ipod but the problem is i have to download home 7.0.2,,, when i download it it says that is the 7.0 but the link in virtualdj.com says that it is 7.0.2,, also the 7.0 DOSNT alow me to conect mi ipod so: did i download 7,0 or 7.0.2??

Posted Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 12:10 pm
Works aewsome on the 3g ! Now I can sit on my counch and drink a beer , and play with my new toy

Posted Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 2:23 pm
jakovskiPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2006
You have to retry it since CNet updated their link to the new Home Free 7.0.2.

Greets, Heiko

Posted Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 2:54 pm
lizyjavi wrote :
Is there a way to type into the browser?? it seems I can only access files/songs/videos by going to my playlists

I'm puzzled by this too.

It seems the only way to see the songs is to look at the computer screen - which defeats the object of having a remote.

If you're away from the computer, how are you supposed to see your song library, or which samples or effects you have loaded?

Without seeing the computer screen, you can't even tell where you're navigating.

???

Posted Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 2:55 pm
AviryPRO InfinityMember since 2009
WHAT???
no drum-pad skin as a default for ipad? will need to wait now?

also i got no text on the ipad skin and when i try to upload the skin i get it for a sec and then an error: "failed to load skin" :(

Posted Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 3:00 pm
There will be more skins to come, probably with a browser element in them. There is room to do this on the ipad but the iphone screen is probably too small to support a browser interface?

I will certainly stick with Splashtop remote for the moment as I can run the full VDJ 1024x768 skin and have access to everything.

This is *very* new and it will take time to develop skins to suit everyone's tastes.

The app is superb and the one advantage it has is being able to run a seperate skin for your PC and your remote. Very nice indeed!

Keith

Posted Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 3:05 pm
As Keith points out for the iPhone a browser would be a tricky thing to implement.

A full remote browser also won't an easy thing to implement. But rest assured the Dev team will find a way to do so.

Posted Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 3:08 pm
SplashTop Remote - ah, now that's more like it!

Bargain too....

Thanks for the tip.

Posted Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 3:10 pm
AviryPRO InfinityMember since 2009
another problem: on XP (via bootcamp) i cant connect at all! :(

Posted Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 3:15 pm
Bought the app. Will try this afternoon.

Posted Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 3:16 pm
If anyone else is having problems like I was installing skins for the iphone, you need to make sure that there is a folder called iPhone in the VDJ skins folder or they wont install properly.

Mine didnt have the folder and I had to create it myself

Posted Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 3:26 pm
Hey. I'm having a bit of trouble using this. I have VDJ opened with "Enabled" set to true on the iPhone tab. I load up the app on my phone and it just says "Trying to locate Virtual DJ" Any ideas? I'm guessing theres a specific port that I need to unblock

Cheers,

Adam.

Posted Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 3:28 pm
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
spzero wrote :
hell £5.99 ive already purchased the software, Id assume pro users would get the app for free. damn thats more money gone :(

Apple doesnt let you do that its one price for all no free licences.

Posted Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 3:28 pm
If someone get a chance to make a video of themselves using this on an ipad, I would love to see it in action and how it works.

Posted Thu 16 Dec 10 @ 3:31 pm
11%