Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Music Groups.....

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I would like to know in detail how they work..........I have started a DubStep group but the tracks it shows are not what I want up there. As an administrator I would like go know what folders it gets its info from(it being the music group). Im sure its getting its info from my database but how?? Its showing my hiphop sets and other things that have nothing to do with Dubstep. Meaning if someone used my group they would be seriously misinformed. I have asked these questions before even PMed a few administrators of other groups but no reply.
I can't even delete the group.

Any info would be great, patiently waiting, lol
Huey

Posted Thu 04 Nov 10 @ 9:41 am
??

Posted Thu 04 Nov 10 @ 12:19 pm
Well there's not much about it in the manual, but from what it does say, it sounds like some sort of online info swapping system - so I'd guess that the reason you're getting incorrect data is that there's no one else using the system that has any dubstep songs listed.

Posted Thu 04 Nov 10 @ 12:38 pm
Your music group gets its information from the songs that you play in VirtualDJ while you are logged in via the Internet tab (If used off-line, the information will be uploaded when you next go on-line.)

If you have made anybody else a feeder then the songs that they play will also be included in the list.

If you do not wish music from an inappropriate set to be included, then simply disable the use of Music Groups during that session (Go to CONFIG > Intenet to do this.)

You can also edit the tracks uploaded to your music group from its web page, allowing you to remove any that are not appropriate.)

NOTE: it's not currently possible to select which groups your playlist is uploaded to.

Posted Thu 04 Nov 10 @ 1:33 pm
Hmmm...........ok, thanks for the info so far. But when I go to my page it shows a "Top 20", where is it getting the info from?? It has to be monitoring a folder or something, if so where is that at cause I can't figure out how to edit that one.

Thanks for your time
Huey

Posted Thu 04 Nov 10 @ 3:23 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)