Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: will centrino laptop work smoothly with virtual dj 3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

1265PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi everyone,

i just purchased a killer panasonic cf-18 toughbook tablet w/centrino 1.1Ghz, 1gb memory and the COOLEST PART OF ALL... the screen is made to be viewed in direct sunlight. you can actually throw this unit on the ground and roll a car over it and it still works. back to the question. I'm sure it's ok to run vdj pro?

thanks,
DJ Yanni

Posted Thu 16 Jun 05 @ 10:48 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
"you can actually throw this unit on the ground and roll a car over it and it still works"

well, i wouldn't try :P

Sure it will work! ;)
What video card do you have inside? For videos it could be problem, but it is all depends of video card.

Dj Nikki

Posted Thu 16 Jun 05 @ 10:58 pm
Yes, I have talked to panasonic, a few police departments and they have even had these things work after running a garden hose on them. There a 5 different models 2 of them are approved for military and police. The video card is the nvidea 64mb version. They have more powerful units, but I wanted the tablet so that I could use it as a back up system if my rachmount unit ever fails and also to do DJ presentations, take notes and convert them to text.

Posted Thu 16 Jun 05 @ 11:07 pm
Run a garden hose,run a car over it.direct sunlight!!EEEEEEK
Why would you even think about that happening in your life time?.......lol
and keep vdj away from the cops....they already have their handsfull{:^)
Funny stuff,i love these forums
Andre

Posted Fri 17 Jun 05 @ 12:42 pm
nvidia 64mb will not play videos. You will need the latest 256mb cards for Video Mixing. I have nvidia GeforceFX5200 128 mb card and all that does is play video files that are shorter than 1 minute..else it gets stuck...

Posted Fri 17 Jun 05 @ 1:44 pm
Thanks for all the replies, I will not be doing video mixing. Just powerpoint presentations and mp3 music for weddings and outdoor festivals. So that's why for some strange reason if it rains or there alot of dust, this unit works well for me. So from what i'm gathering here the centrino unit with 1gb of ram will be fine.

Posted Fri 17 Jun 05 @ 5:31 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003

Virtual dj will run on 128 mb video memory just fine, it all comes down to the video card itself.

Posted Fri 17 Jun 05 @ 9:46 pm
I may have kind of posted this in my own topic so I apologize but can a laptop's built in video card be changed?

Posted Fri 17 Jun 05 @ 10:01 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)