Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: American Audio VMS4 help needed please - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi i have this problem , im not sure if it is hardware or software. probably i have the wrong settings.
but the crossfader doesnt seem to be working at all and is not at all stiff to move unlike the other sliders.. ( i only got this yesterday hasnt been working at all).
but yeah the crossfader doesnt work at all, and even Vritual dj cant pick it up so i have to crossfade using my mouse. :s thanks in advance and sorry if this is inconvinient x

Posted Sat 15 Jan 11 @ 12:34 pm
Hi

I seem to be experiencing similar problems to others at the start of this post. I have an AA VMS4 with Virtual DJ 7 Pro.

When I am just using the decks its fine, when I change the crossfader the track shifts as it should. However when I record the position of the crossfader is irrellevant and when I playback what I've recorded its picked up both decks at once for the whole of teh recording.

I've followed the advice posted and have tried everything else. I'm cracking up here guys and just want to record some sets...PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Posted Fri 21 Jan 11 @ 5:18 am

Posted Fri 21 Jan 11 @ 12:27 pm
I have a VMS4 for about 4 months, one of the best controllers Ive used yet, better than the hercules, etc... however it does have a fe issues, however all of them are workable.

1. the fader on the software does not move with the player. my suggestion is to disable the fader on the software, and just worry about the hard ware.

2. there is a delay in moving the pitch up and down with the hard ware compare to the software. my sugesstion is to move your pitch on the software if your a fast mixer, if you mix slow, then u have all the time in the world.

3. the mic quality sucks, big time. If your a person thats into quality, the vms4 does not have a good mic quality, i am aware of an adapter american audio has put out but i have not recieved it yet, so i am not sure how it improves the quality. my suggestion is to bypass the vms4 when ur hooking up ur mic if you have the capability.

4. american audio customer service rocks, they are helpful in everyway... you cannot beat that.

Over all i love this piece of equipment dispite it simple difiencies. if you are using a bootleg vdj... you may have problems, if u purchased it,, it works like a champ...

Posted Wed 06 Apr 11 @ 10:21 pm
hi Im having problems mapping my vms4 to vitual vinyl cue 4.0. I got it playing finally and can't get the led lights on controler to work, pitch buttons, pitch slider or scratch wheel to work everything else that i use is working fine finally. tried mapping differt ways from the mapping list that was down loaded from american audio. Do you have any suggestion or where i can find a mapping down load for this software i mentioned above. Thanks,

Posted Sat 11 Jun 11 @ 3:55 pm
Sorry, VirtualVinyl v4.0 is a very old and out of date version of the software. There have been many changes and improvements to the software since then (See http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VirtualDJ_History.html ) - We are now on v7.0.4

Unlike the latest v7, VirtualVinyl v4 has no native support for the VMS4 and also has limited MIDI mapping capabilities (LED's are not supported, so you will only have half the functionality of the controller.)

Please register your serial number on the page http://www.virtualdj.com/users/edit.html and then upgrade to the latest version v7: http://www.virtualdj.com/download/updates.html

You will then have a fully working controller with LED's and also optional support for 4 decks.

If you have not purchased the software, then please support it and its future development by purchasing your own license: http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html - If your VMS4 came with VirtualDJ LE then you can upgrade at a significant discount by going to http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html and entering your VirtualDJ LE serial number in the box provided.

Posted Sun 12 Jun 11 @ 1:46 pm
DJjMhLE userMember since 2011

Posted Sun 03 Jul 11 @ 1:10 pm
Hi I have vsm4 but I have a problem with the mapper win I control the gain the hight level change it also , what can I do to fix this I try and i am download all the mapper and I upgrad driver and firemware so plz can you help to fixe it thx

Samir Younes

Posted Tue 20 Dec 11 @ 5:57 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The mixer (center part) of VMS4 is an analogue mixer. Some of the elements are mapped as fake_actions. That means that you can see the EQ to move on the screen, but the VMS4 is not using the EQ of the software, but its own.

As for the gain, the gain knobs have not been mapped as there is no fake_gain action. What you need to do is goto Config->Options and set Autogain to Auto. This way Virtualdj will bring all songs to zero db gain, and use the gain knobs on the VMS4 to make small adjustments. Those adjustments cannot be seen in the software. You will only hear them.

Posted Wed 21 Dec 11 @ 12:01 am
i just got the VMS 4.1 and it may be the biggest load of shite that i have ever seen (this may just be my one)

1) On my VMS4.1 the entire mixer section of my controller doesn't work, i have tried several maps to try and correct this but nothing has helped

2) adding to this, the Sound card is rubbish wen using VDj. When ever i plug my headphones in i am met with the worlds most annoying buzzing sound, ( before anyone tries to say "just turn it down" the sound is at a constant level no matter what volume it is on.)

3) the final this that i am going to add before i leave is that, why on earth would a company bungle a piece of hardware with a software that seems to have so many problems, especially when have they just come out with a new model ( a second try) .... odd
anyways if anyone has any ideas can you please give me a hand

cheers

adding to this, i have only had the VMS4.1 for 3 hours

I am not going to lie, i am a tad miffed at this because all the reviews of these products seemed very positive but the second i seem to get my hands on one it seems to fall apart ............. :S

Posted Sun 25 Dec 11 @ 4:52 pm
gullumPRO InfinityMember since 2007
there is seriously something wrong with the way you have set up your VMS4.1.
I do not have the 4.1 only the 4 but what you are describing is not suppose to happen. maybe read the manual and taking a deep breath then start over again.

Posted Mon 26 Dec 11 @ 4:23 pm

Hi I have vsm4 but I have a problem with the mapper win I control the gain the high level change it also, and also same for win i change the high level the gain control also change , what can I do to fix this I try and i am download all the mapper and I upgrade driver and firmware so plz can you help to fix it thx

nb the high level and gain level change in some time i cant control each one alone its only for one desk the second work fine

Posted Mon 28 May 12 @ 12:58 pm
c.kellyPRO InfinityMember since 2017
I have just purchased a VM4.1 and cannot get the Master, balance or booth and cross-fader to work correctly also the gain control on all 4 channels. I have downloaded the firmware update and will post results.

What is the best audio setting for 4 channels out with VDJPRO?

Posted Sat 27 Jul 13 @ 1:55 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If you mean that you dont see the Master, Booth, and Gain knobs moving at your screen,, then this is normal. The VMS4/VMS4.1 has an analogue dj mixer in the center, and only the Volume, crossfader and Eq knobs are mapped to send "fake" actions to the software, so that you can see them moving on screen. There is really no need to see the other ones, as they don't provide any useful information and no "fake" actions exist for them.
As for the crossfader, either you need to properly set the CF A, CF B properly depending on the midilogs you need to crossfade, or you have incorrect Sound Setup.
Please read more here.. http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VMS4%20/%20VMS4.1.html

Posted Sat 27 Jul 13 @ 6:39 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)