Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: American Audio VMS4 help needed please - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

DeakedLE userMember since 2010
Hello,

I know there have been many posts about this below, but I'm completly baffled by some of it as I'm really new to the controller/software side of djing.
I purchased the VMS4 when released and I'm having a few teething problems with it. There seems like there are alot of people on here that know there stuff & may be able to help me out.

Issues:
Sliders/faders & EQ's dont't move on software when used on VMS4?

This I've been informed one is midi & one is analogue, which I now understand, however:

When I've recorded my 1st mix (using the record now button on virtual Dj LE supplied) Upon listening to it back the software didn't respond as I was using the VMS4, am I right in thinking this is also to do with midi & analogue?
If so how can I change this to run to correctly & also record properly?

I've put posts on American Audio's forums with not to much help, also sent them emails with not much help? Mainly people saying Purchase Traktor pro, which I don't really want to have to do.
Will I have to upgrade virtaul Dj from LE? As this is not far off the Traktor pro price.

I really hope people could help me out with my problems, like I said I am new to this so sorry if my questions seem simple to you, but I'm lost at the moment. I don't wanna give up on the VMS4 yet as I think it will be a great controller if only I can get to the bottom of my problems.

If you can help me, please leave a post here or contact me directly at neildeakin@sky.com

Thank you for any advice provided it will be greatly recieved.

Neil.

Posted Thu 12 Aug 10 @ 3:45 pm

Posted Thu 12 Aug 10 @ 4:03 pm
If you set the VMS4 to 8 out mode (switch it then power off/on), then the master output will be sent back to your computer via USB.

In theory, if you then select the 'line out' option for recording and select the VMS4 in the drop down box, it should record the 'master out' signal.

Posted Fri 13 Aug 10 @ 6:48 am
DeakedLE userMember since 2010
Jpboggis thank you for the link, I've done that & yes I'm able to record which is a great step in the right direction. Done a mix and there is a slight earth connection probelm in the low outputs at time. Is this something that can be changed?

Groovindj:
Thank you for your reply, is this a different way to how the post above has described, sorry don't fully understand.

Cheers :)

Posted Sat 14 Aug 10 @ 2:28 pm
need help also. bought the vms4 installed software, asio drivers and 3.11 firmware update. contoller works with the vdj le but will not work at all with pro. the contoller wont work and it also locks up pro where i cannot use my mouse. how do i fix this?

Posted Sat 04 Sep 10 @ 12:19 am
Hello everyone,

Can the American Audio VSM4 work with VDJ pro? I'd like to buy it but don't if the glitch with the pro version have been fixed?

Thank u for your replies.

Omar

Posted Fri 10 Sep 10 @ 1:30 pm
What glitch? I think people are just not used to this technology and keep trying to use it like a regular MIDI controllery, I got one and it works fine with VDJ Pro.

Posted Fri 10 Sep 10 @ 5:49 pm
MAGAGAR80, can you show me which audio-settings they are needed with virtualdj pro, because with LE version no problem, but with pro my pc don't see the VMS4, lights & control aren't working.
Even with traktor pro much problems with settings.

Posted Mon 27 Sep 10 @ 8:26 am
Patrick_belgium wrote :
MAGAGAR80, can you show me which audio-settings they are needed with virtualdj pro, because with LE version no problem, but with pro my pc don't see the VMS4, lights & control aren't working.
Even with traktor pro much problems with settings.

Have you tried updating the firmware? You should register your copy of pro so you can download the latest mapper from Virtual DJ's downloads section.

Posted Mon 27 Sep 10 @ 11:22 am
i've got the latest firmware & mapping, but which settings are needed in audio setup?

Posted Sun 03 Oct 10 @ 1:31 pm
hello guys
PLZZZZZ I NEED HELP PLZZZZZZZ

i own VMS4 and virtual dj pro 6.1.2 ,
im having a very big serious problem witch is the CUE button ( THE MIDLOG CUE ) , the issue is when it glow it suppose to be play on master and when its not, it suppose to be play only in the headphone but with me if the CUE is on or of its still playing in master
and im fucked up because im having an event soon and i cant spin if this problem not solved ,so plzzzz guys i really need ur help >>>>

i tried to do many thing i updating the firmware and i download the new mapping from VMS4dj.com but the problem still not fixed ..... WHAT SHOULD I DO PLZZZZZZZZ

Posted Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 1:47 am
The way in which the cue system works is:

When a cue button is pressed (engaged) and lit, the audio on that channel will be sent pre-fader to the headphone output - if the 'cue mix' control is turned to the 'cue' position. If the cue mix control is turned to 'master' then you will not hear a cue signal - only master output.

This is normal standard operation.

Posted Tue 12 Oct 10 @ 4:31 am
djlexprPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I had the same issue with my new VMS4. My VDJpro7 wasn't working with my VMS4. I opened up ans used the VDJ LE and after I closed it, I opened VDJPRO7 and it worked. The only issue now is that I can't get any sound from decks 3 and 4. I think it's just a matter of figuring it out.

Posted Wed 17 Nov 10 @ 8:53 am
jimdaPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Just got my VMS4 and considering upgrading virtual LE to the pro version. I need the automix playlist function and some of the other features as I am a Mobile DJ who does primarily corporate work and wedding receptions. Can anyone tell me what version would be the best: The new version 7 or Pro 6.1. I also do karaoke once in awhile and use a mac. Will the VSM7 skin and midi mapping show in either of these products and are they stable on the VSM4. I currently use Serato and it appears to be much easier than virtual Le anyway.

Also, I noticed there are times when I try to drag a song into the right player while the left is playing and it won't let me until the left side finishes playing. Not always but it happens enough to be a problem. Would like opinions from other mobile guys or anyone who has experience with this configuration. Thanks!

Posted Fri 26 Nov 10 @ 10:57 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I strongly reccomend you to upgrade to ver 7.01 (latest) Rock solid for me, great sound and very improved Master Tempo. Then you will be able to download any skin you like (there are plenty), plus all the plugins, plus able to map the VMS4 the way it fits to your needs.

The issue about not letting you load the next song is probably related to Security (option in the Config menu)

Posted Fri 26 Nov 10 @ 1:32 pm
Hi I've just purchased the VMS4 and upgraded to VDJ Pro7, why is it that the mapping is wrong even though I've downloaded the latest software, it seems that all the faders, and knobs dont work. When i touch the crossfader it crashes the program, what do I need to do to get this thing working??

Posted Sun 28 Nov 10 @ 12:46 pm
Hi I've just purchased the VMS4 and upgraded to VDJ Pro7, why is it that the mapping is wrong even though I've downloaded the latest software, it seems that all the faders, and knobs dont work. When i touch the crossfader it crashes the program, what do I need to do to get this thing working?? Does anyone know why this is happening?

Posted Wed 05 Jan 11 @ 8:35 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Crashes the program?

Does VDJ freezes or do you get a crash report?

Posted Wed 05 Jan 11 @ 11:35 am
when i move the cross fader, the config box pops up then closes the program. it doesnt freeze but then you cannnot close the config box without VDJ pro closing

Posted Wed 05 Jan 11 @ 11:44 am
I found out from American Audio that if I have the sound setting set to a simple setting to hear the music coming out of the computer, it deactivates the mixer on the VMS4.

Simple Sound Setting:(deactivates VMS4 Mixer)

Input= None
Output= Single out
Sound Card= Simple

(again these sound settings will disable the mixer part of the VMS4)

Sound Settings with use of self powered speakers on an Amp:

Input= None
Output= External Mixer
Sound Card = ASIO Driver (ADJ-ASIO)

I am awaiting on my self powered speakers and will post my results.

Posted Fri 07 Jan 11 @ 8:06 am
59%