Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [NEW] VirtualDJ 6.1.1 - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Due to a problem with Netsearch Video, we decided to release a new version, v6.1.1.
This version mainly fixes netsearch video, but also update the controllers native support list and fix or tweak a few mappings.

If you don't use netsearch video and you have gigs this weekend, we recommend that you wait until Sunday before installing the new version.
(we usually make releases on Sunday to prevent people to go live with a version they didn't test, but in this case we wanted to be sure that people who do use netsearch video would have a working version for the weekend).

As usual, this new version is free for all basic/pro users, and can be downloaded from your download center.

Posted Fri 23 Jul 10 @ 6:33 pm
J-SnipPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Thanks for the update!!

Posted Fri 23 Jul 10 @ 6:56 pm
So does this update do to everyone what it did to me? I can now only use 30s snippets of video through netsearch instead of the full song. My understanding is that the membership covers audio for $9.99 monthly, but video does not require a subscription.

Has this changed?

Posted Fri 23 Jul 10 @ 8:31 pm
How do you just search for video, and what do the little green check marks stand for on the netsearch icon?

Posted Fri 23 Jul 10 @ 8:53 pm
The green check marks are actually a "V" for video. I've noticed that as long as I have the external video hooked up, the video files are always at the top of the netsearch list, which is what I prefer. Hope that helps.

Posted Fri 23 Jul 10 @ 9:04 pm
BraenzuPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2007

Braenzu

Posted Fri 23 Jul 10 @ 9:50 pm
Rhemy-DPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I've installed the new version and when I connect to the internet now it says " Connected - Free limited membership".

Previously to this version it said "Connected full membership". As a pro user I thought this service was included? Can someone either point me to the discussion or explain if this is a bug or a new membership tier and what it entails?

EDIT:

Found the answer to this through searching using different terms. Is the membership service available to users outside of the USA or is this an exclusive USA deal?

Posted Fri 23 Jul 10 @ 10:24 pm
I agree that an explanation would be great. I would assume there would be no reason to change/limit the video capabilities since the video sources are from the web (youtube and such), not from a subscription service. It seems to me that it would be a bit unfair to assess a "membership" to use sources that are readily available to anyone with an internet connection.

That being said, I do love the way that Netsearch includes the ability to load these videos directly into the players. The feature is nice, but I believe the feature is covered in the cost of the software. The music videos themselves, however, are "content" that is not being provided by VDJ. VDJ merely provides a way to use that content.

Am I incorrect to believe that as long as the sources for the videos are still public domain, we should not be charged a fee to be able to access them?

Posted Fri 23 Jul 10 @ 10:37 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Rhemy-D wrote :
I've installed the new version and when I connect to the internet now it says " Connected - Free limited membership".

It was done to bring more clarity to the actual membership levels of the NetSearch features. Full Membership gives the wrong impression since you don't get access to the audio files provided by the Premium Membership.

dj aladin wrote :
Am I incorrect to believe that as long as the sources for the videos are still public domain, we should not be charged a fee to be able to access them?

You are not charged a fee to access the videos/audio that are provided by searching the net.

dj aladin wrote :
So does this update do to everyone what it did to me? I can now only use 30s snippets of video through netsearch instead of the full song.

Log out in VirtualDJ, close and re-open then log back in - try again.

Rhemy-D wrote :
Found the answer to this through searching using different terms. Is the membership service available to users outside of the USA or is this an exclusive USA deal?

The Premium Membership is a global service - however you should read about it here - http://www.virtualdj.com/products/membership.html

Posted Fri 23 Jul 10 @ 10:43 pm
cstoll:

I tried your suggestion... logging out... closing VDJ... restarting VDJ.... logging back in...

No luck.

I've tried starting VDJ, logging in, searching, fail, log out, log in, search, fail.

I've tried rebooting the laptop, starting VDJ, logging in, searching, fail.

I've tried logging out, closing VDJ, rebooting, opening VDJ, logging in, searching, fail.

Honestly, no matter what method I've used, VIDEO netsearches (like audio) are limiting me to 30 seconds. Am I really the only one having this issue?

Posted Sat 24 Jul 10 @ 1:36 am
djjochiPRO InfinityMember since 2007
sclavel wrote :
Due to a problem with Netsearch Video, we decided to release a new version, v6.1.1.
This version mainly fixes netsearch video, but also update the controllers native support list and fix or tweak a few mappings.

If you don't use netsearch video and you have gigs this weekend, we recommend that you wait until Sunday before installing the new version.
(we usually make releases on Sunday to prevent people to go live with a version they didn't test, but in this case we wanted to be sure that people who do use netsearch video would have a working version for the weekend).

As usual, this new version is free for all basic/pro users, and can be downloaded from your download center.

Does the mic, and the stop and start botton for the ns7 works with this version.

Posted Sat 24 Jul 10 @ 1:50 am
The switch to the new membership system was done in May when we released VirtualDJ 6.1.
If you skipped 6.1 and went directly from 6.0.x to 6.1.1, you can find back the discussion about the new membership system in this thread.

Posted Sat 24 Jul 10 @ 2:20 am
dydy1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Thank you for the update. I will test It and see how It goes!

Posted Sat 24 Jul 10 @ 3:15 am
Rhemy-D wrote :

Previously to this version it said "Connected full membership". As a pro user I thought this service was included? Can someone either point me to the discussion or explain if this is a bug or a new membership tier and what it entails?

EDIT:

YEP, Thats why i'm staying put

Posted Sat 24 Jul 10 @ 3:31 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
@dj aladin, why don't you do a restore point back until Thursday, that way you should be able to get your old settings back then you can sort any problems out after your gigs.

Posted Sat 24 Jul 10 @ 4:28 am
del200PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi there,

So what new controllers are supported, i tried my Vestax Typhoon and still no luck with it? You have the non PC spin working on pc so surely the typhoon must be compatible, any ideas?

Posted Sat 24 Jul 10 @ 8:53 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
djjochi wrote :
Does the mic, and the stop and start botton for the ns7 works with this version.

No this version was only to remedy the NetSearch issues. The added/fixed controller items were only at the definition/mapping level.

del200 wrote :
i tried my Vestax Typhoon and still no luck with it

As posted in the Hardware forum - the manufacture is providing the necessary support for the Typhoon. Once they provide the files then we can make them available. Can't add what we don't have :)

dj aladin wrote :
Honestly, no matter what method I've used, VIDEO netsearches (like audio) are limiting me to 30 seconds. Am I really the only one having this issue?

I am looking into this ...

Posted Sat 24 Jul 10 @ 9:02 am
dj aladin wrote :

You need a membership to have full access to NetSearch, due to added content providers, with better and more pro service.
You can get a membership here :
http://www.virtualdj.com/products/membership.html

Posted Sat 24 Jul 10 @ 9:37 am
djjochiPRO InfinityMember since 2007
cstoll wrote :
djjochi wrote :

No this version was only to remedy the NetSearch issues. The added/fixed controller items were only at the definition/mapping level.

del200 wrote :
i tried my Vestax Typhoon and still no luck with it

As posted in the Hardware forum - the manufacture is providing the necessary support for the Typhoon. Once they provide the files then we can make them available. Can't add what we don't have :)

dj aladin wrote :

I am looking into this ...

Any way virtaul dj is doing a great job with the program.!

Posted Sat 24 Jul 10 @ 9:44 am

-NetSearch - http://www.virtualdj.com/products/membership.html

With Premium membership the user gets FULL access to provided library by Grooveshark and NetSearch features.
With Pro License the membership level is Free Limited membership which entitles the user to 2 full streams per day.
All other users can use NetSearch to test it features by only streaming 30sec samples of the material.

Posted Sat 24 Jul 10 @ 10:04 am
36%