Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Traktor Kontrol X1 - Page: 3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ok, after trying some test it fails for the following reasons. Quite a few manufacturers have developed suitable multi-device drivers that typically support more than one identical device/interfaces, or a mix of up to five or six similar models from the same range. I've noticed that multi-device support for new models is rare for Mac but sometime fixed in a future driver update. Unfortunately, this information isn't always easy to find on the manufacturer's web site when multi-device drivers are finally released. If you ever think you'll need more inputs and outputs than you have at present, the best approach is to choose an interface that already has multi-device drivers.

Well by assuming that a second interface identical to the existing one, will double up on the function and features is a good idea. This is maybe possible, but it requires a programs or specially written drivers that can recognise and support multiple interfaces on Mac. Standard drivers that support a single device would be totally confused when accepting two or more identical interfaces. They wouldn't be able to differentiate between them and the second interface would be ignored. Try to email TRAKTOR maybe they release an updates to support the multi-device driver.

Thanks
Cesar

Posted Sun 01 Jul 12 @ 4:16 pm
wilofHome userMember since 2012
It's more tricky to check whether or not a new interface that you're thinking of buying already has multi-device drivers. 100% I agree with cesarcastillo, like for example on my audio composition and recording works i've used Interfaces with multi-device support like M-Audio's Delta range has supported up to four devices under Windows and three under Mac OS X and more with the Linux OSS driver.

I remember having the same problem with me a year a go when i myself wants to plug 2-track ball and 2-joystick on my Mac Gamer and it was having a conflict as what cesarcastillo said my Mac was rejecting the other devices which are identical to each other one of the track ball and one of the joystick and the result was the 2-joystick can control one unless you do some program written as identifier on the initialization process to assign ID's on each of them and assigning ID's on Mac is a pain or a tools that lets you communicate with interface devices.

Posted Tue 03 Jul 12 @ 8:15 am
938MyDJPRO InfinityMember since 2007
By playing around with the device (xml), mapper (xml), controller editor (ncc) files, I was able to make 2 X1s work at the same time with VDJ in Mac now. Drawback is - it's only under general midi mapping. So buttons & knobs appears as midi codes (i.e. CC-16). But the BONUS is... I was able to make the leds work too. I only tested toggle ON and OFF today. I might need some help eventually. One example I could think of is how to turn off the led for a LOOP-IN once I engage LOOP-OUT. I will be active on this particular thread asking some questions for sure as I go along.

Posted Wed 04 Jul 12 @ 12:03 am
Try what techie said about changing the channels of the devices in the editor, have one on "channel 1" and the other on "channel 2'. then add channel="0" to every control and line of the original. copy everything and paste into a new document, then use find and rename to change deck="1' to deck="3' and deck="2' to deck="4' also change channel="0' to channel="1'.

When that is done paste it all back together in the original definition. not sure if the leds will still work though as I know nothing about HID.

Posted Wed 04 Jul 12 @ 12:30 am
Hi Jodi,

You can try the TOOLS in the link below for HID and see if it works to control 2 X1's.

http://www.anyma.ch/hitools

Regards,
Cesar

Posted Wed 04 Jul 12 @ 12:30 am
Thanks, Cesar and Synth.

As I am new to this and not really familiar with a lot of the terms, I am quite slow on analyzing some of the instructions.

But I will keep trying and keep you posted when I am already on the next step.

Posted Wed 04 Jul 12 @ 9:16 am
synthet1c wrote :
Try what techie said about changing the channels of the devices in the editor, have one on "channel 1" and the other on "channel 2'. then add channel="0" to every control and line of the original. copy everything and paste into a new document, then use find and rename to change deck="1' to deck="3' and deck="2' to deck="4' also change channel="0' to channel="1'.

When that is done paste it all back together in the original definition. not sure if the leds will still work though as I know nothing about HID.

I have learned a little about this one today. I tested one button, 0-CC41 on the left X1-1 and set it 1-CC41 on the right X1-2. And yeah, I was able to map them with different functions. I will do all the channel changes in the controller editor tomorrow. I will then proceed to mapping and then duplicate the maps to the other decks.

Posted Wed 04 Jul 12 @ 11:27 pm
cesarcastillo wrote :
Hi Jodi,

You can try the TOOLS in the link below for HID and see if it works to control 2 X1's.

http://www.anyma.ch/hitools

Regards,
Cesar

Thanks for this tip, Cesar.

I will research about this one later on. I will proceed with the the simple steps that I quite understand for now.

Posted Wed 04 Jul 12 @ 11:33 pm
if you by the kntorl x1 can you use it whith virtual dj out of the box pleanse answer thank you

Posted Sun 22 Jul 12 @ 4:39 pm

Posted Sun 22 Jul 12 @ 5:59 pm
Mapping help please (for my Traktor Kontrol X1s)...

How can I assign the script below to a specific deck (i.e. deck 1)?

Also using the same script in Simple Midi Wrapper (with X1 as HID), is also pulling the other deck's cbg and only moving to the right direction.

var "shift" ? param_greater 0% ? param_multiply 0,01% & adjust_cbg +1% : param_multiply 0,01% & adjust_cbg -1% : jogwheel

Thanks in advance

Posted Tue 24 Jul 12 @ 1:17 pm
technzPRO InfinityMember since 2011
unfortunately the X1's dont send any HID signals, they are the one Traktor Kontrol unit that i own that does not.
if you wish to map them you will have to use midi, as for multiple X1's you will have to change the channel numbers, and then you can extend the current mapper by copying and pasting all the entries and setting the channels on the new entries.

or you can set the definition file to use drivername "Traktor Kontrol X1 - 1" and "Traktor Kontrol X1 - 2" and so on
, also dont forget driveroutname if you wish to use LEDs then everything should work.

Posted Wed 25 Jul 12 @ 12:30 am
technz wrote :
you can set the definition file to use drivername "Traktor Kontrol X1 - 1" and "Traktor Kontrol X1 - 2" and so on
, also dont forget driveroutname if you wish to use LEDs then everything should work.

I'm trying to do some test on these as well... one thing i have notice is that drivername is not enough to define the driver in MAC OSX unless you have the SysEx ID or the VID's and the PID's of the product itself.

Posted Wed 25 Jul 12 @ 4:02 am
With my testing, if I use "MIDI," channel 2 is not effective so I have to use "HID".

I am using Mac, though.

Posted Wed 25 Jul 12 @ 9:14 am
I successfully mapped 2 units of X1s to virtual dj according to my preference.

I tested them on actual gig last August 04, and I am so happy about the output.

Thanks very much for those who helped.

Cheers!!!

Posted Thu 09 Aug 12 @ 1:52 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)