Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Add Track Number to List of Visible Fields

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Many times I have wanted to play back-to-back tracks from a CD (especially Classic Rock albums like Pink Floyd, the Cars, Led Zeppelin, etc.) where one song runs into another, but I don't know the order to play them because I don't have the physical CD to look at. I know the program can pull info from other sources for an mp3 file (like the cover art as ripped via Windows Media player), so I am hoping this is a relatively simple addition to the fields you are already displaying.

Posted Tue 09 Mar 10 @ 7:47 pm
You could always add this to the beginning of the comment field instead. You can then show the comment field in the browser and click on its heading to sort by it (So they display in the correct order.) Make sure that you put a leading zero in front of 1 - 9 (E.g: 03) because the sorting is alphabetic.

Posted Tue 09 Mar 10 @ 8:06 pm
That's actually what I am doing now. However, I normally reserve that field for other types of info, so in effect, I am loosing a field to put in track info. Also, I have a lot of CD tracks that need this info (ripped from Dance Mix collections, etc.), so it requires a lot of manual entry on my part. Heck, Windows Media Player can display track info - why not Virtual DJ? On my system, it's already pulling the CD artwork from Windows Media Player which I used to ripped the original CDs, so why not just add the track # while you are at it?

Posted Thu 11 Mar 10 @ 12:48 pm
+1 for track number

Posted Fri 12 Mar 10 @ 9:05 am
JudderPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I am also at a loss as to why a program as powerful as VDJ can't handle track numbers in the browser.

I am in the process of trying to find out what the Field 1 and Field 2 options are for. They are mentioned in the manual but only briefly. Are these user configurable?

So far, I am using Winamp to create a playlist for the albums I want to be able to play in track order and then saving that in the VDJ playlist folder.

This seems a little quicker than using the Comment field for track numbers especially when ID Tags already contain this information.

Is there any reason VDJ doesn't use track numbers?

CDJ's can play a CD in track order so why not VDJ?

Posted Tue 08 Nov 11 @ 2:24 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
You could also use the users Field #1 and Field #2 for Disc or track number, then make it display in the field tab and place it first to the left of Title...that's just an option you can use for now, hopefully the team may figure out away how to add a dedicated Disc & Track number Field in the future....

Good Luck,

Joey...

Posted Tue 08 Nov 11 @ 12:03 pm
Joey, yes we could use fields #1 and #2, but I tag my files in MediaMonkey and use the ID3 tags for disk and track. Should I really have to go through that again...

ID3 is a open standard why not suport it properly...

Roy

Posted Tue 08 Nov 11 @ 7:25 pm
Comment field are there for "Comments" a track or Disc # number are Not the type of infornation that is usually found there, that's why those fields were added to help address that missing link, can also move Field 1 & 2 to the first position in the browser tab field, to the left of the Title, but we definitely need a dedicated Disc #, Track # field especially for karaoke tracks...

Posted Wed 09 Nov 11 @ 11:27 am
ditto on what the others have said.
A dedicated track number field that can be pulled in from tag info of the file or inserted by the user would make lots of sense..

Myself its not a deal breaker but their has been times I wish it had been there..

as to the karaoke tracks, I never even thought of that.. major reason right there why it needs to be added :-)

Posted Wed 09 Nov 11 @ 12:59 pm

Posted Thu 10 Nov 11 @ 4:15 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)