Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: NETSEARCH EXPLAINED - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Rhemy-DPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hi all,

Before people dismiss this as another illegal user asking how to get netsearch to work on a cracked version of VDJ think again. I'm running a fully licensed version of VDJ 6 and was just wondering (and hoping) someone could explain Netsearch in more detail for me.

I am wondering why stream unavalible comes up for many of the search results.

It seems a very poorly coded feature to display tracks to cache up that do not work. Can someone explain to me in detail how this feature works so I can gain a better understanding? Link to a blog on it or something similar would be fantastic!

Thanks in advance!

Posted Fri 22 Jan 10 @ 12:14 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
If I can explain something before everybody takes their shots at Atomix Productions and the VDJ code.
1) Some countries are blocking this activity, but before we go there lets cover the basics, first you need version 6.05 and nothing else.

2) Netsearch can be accessed by Licensed Basic and Pro users and anyone who wishes to try it by loading the latest 6.06 trial version and sending a sms text message for a temporary serial key that needs to be added to the member profile before it will work, these instructions come with the trial install.
If you are a new Basic or Pro user, first your serial number MUST BE REGISTERED in your member profile for proper activation.
http://www.virtualdj.com/users/edit.html

3) These accounts are activated in the software once the user has logged in by clicking config/network and entering his forum log in and pw and it is case sensitive or it will not activate. Once if is activated it will say "connected full membership" and will time out on temporary memberships with they expire. This service costs $5.00 usf per temp membership.

4) If you are still not able to log in, the greater possibility is that your antivirus is blocking the in and outbound traffic necessary to connect.
In some cases this means more than casually disabling your antivirus, but the software must be listed as an exception in the antivirus settings.
Normally as with AVG, open the control panel of your software and you will find a field called "Resident Shield". If you open this at the bottom you will find "manage exceptions". This will open a window where you will click "add" and then navigate to the program file location at c:\programfiles\virtualdj and then click "apply" and close. Then reboot and restart VDJ proceeding to config/network and logging in again.

This has solved 90% of the problems for users, and in most of those cases they had the log in or pw wrong, in the wrong case, or under the wrong account that the trail was installed to or had not registered their temporary serial number at all.

This should clear up most of the problems and your own antivirus is the key to the majority of the problems accessing Netsearch, not vdj code.

Peaceout
r

Posted Fri 22 Jan 10 @ 8:15 pm
Oh don't get me wrong I love VDJ! I was just wondering why the program seems to display the streams which are unavalible?

I'm using Mcaffee antivirus. Is that one of the AV systems that is known to have an issue with Netsearch?

I will upgrade to 6.05 tommorow, I have a wedding tonight and know I will be using VDJ heavily so I don't like upgrading this close just in case something goes wrong.

For PRO users will there be any ongoing subscription costs for this service and also is Australia one of the countries that is blocking it?

Posted Fri 22 Jan 10 @ 11:03 pm
Hi Rick

I have posted many times with out a reply from the customer care team regarding Netsearch not fully functioning in the UK for us paid up pros, and they have just shown total ignorance. Instead they have continued to push the product and mislead folk, taking their hard earned bucks for a product that may or may not work in their Country. The point is if you know this then they know this fact so why are they not not telling folk when it is essential info.

Posted Wed 27 Jan 10 @ 6:57 am
Well Chris, there are things that are well beyond our control here.
And you can stop posting the rants.
For Pro users like yourself, its a free bee, if it doesn't work because your country or ips blocks it, we are very sorry.
Honestly, I don't think we polled every single country and ips to see if this activity was functional for all of them.
You may find that a different ips might not block this, I don't know.
We merely tried to give others a peek at what the service could provide because so many asked for it.

What temporary users have experienced really has nothing to do with you specifically, but we are dealing with them on a one by one basis.

Posted Wed 27 Jan 10 @ 8:39 am
Officially:
EULA SUMMARY:

- This license gives you the right to install and use the software on a maximum of two computers, by one person.

- It does not give you the right to rent or sell computer systems on which the software is installed, or to rent or sell the software or part of it.

- The software is distributed "as-is" and no warranty of any kind is expressed.

- Atomix Productions and its suppliers retain all intellectual property rights in the software.

- Once activated, the software cannot be refunded, unless found to be defective by Atomix Technical Support.

- Software purchased on-line for instant download through our website is considered opened at the time of purchase, and therefore no refund can be given.

- NetSearch is a feature of Virtual DJ software which will attempt to locate content, found freely available, on the Internet.
It’s search results, and functionality, are not guaranteed in anyway and may vary.

Posted Wed 27 Jan 10 @ 12:24 pm
Cheers, ranting stopped I put my toys back in the pram, I know you guys work hard just frustrating or frustrated, nothing my women can't sort out lol

Posted Tue 02 Feb 10 @ 9:41 am
Hey you know another great idea for you people who are using net serch and cannot get the music you need for a gig. Would be for you to Buy the music yourself and not rely on other people buying it for you.
Sorry i dont generally comment on the forums but this really bothers me.Seems some users are always looking for something to complain about.VDJ is an awsome tool for the industry we work in and make our living off of.Do us a favor and quit looking for a free ride and apprciate the fact that you have a program a good as Virtual DJ to work with and understand the your not going to get everything for free.

Posted Mon 08 Feb 10 @ 1:20 pm
I'm not after a free ride, I am just wondering how Netsearch finds the files such as which sources so that I can better asses the legality and functionality of it in my country. Most of my music i source through subscription services and promotional releases. I have only used Netsearch for the odd song request that I am asked for during a gig from a punter, not the paying contractee. As far as VDJ goes I advocate using it to all of my collegues here in Adelaide above and beyond other platforms such as Serato and DVJs so I am in no way activly searching for something to complain about. I love VDJ and have been trying to convince my club owner that VDJ should be the system we use to run everything over dodgy content managment systems like NightLife or SBA music.

Anyway, before this turns into an argument full of flaming and trolling back on topic.

After upgrading my computer to the highest spec machine I could find for my price range (i7 quad core 1.6gHz (overclock of 2.8), 4gb of RAM, 1GB dedicated video) I've noticed that I am able to stream Videos but, not able to stream any audio files what so ever. Is this a limitation of the Australian Recording Industry Association in conjunction with APRA/AMCOS etc in my country or is there a bug issue here?

Posted Sat 20 Feb 10 @ 12:57 am
Richard,
Your questions are honest and valid, nobody should flame you.

Like you I use subscriptions for music, but occasionally tracks are not available and Netsearch helps fill that void.

Again, all that is happening is VDJ enables a search engine that is no different than Google or other internet search engines, its just within the software.
The key here is anything that is saved is done so to a temporary file called a cache and is only playable in VDJ.
Some countries have very strict internet laws which govern their citizens.
In your case with the audio files, please make sure the audio field is enabled in the search settings to the right of the search window.

The countries that are blocking this activity are being discovered as we go along, but if you get video, I would expect audio would be obtainable as well.

Posted Sat 20 Feb 10 @ 7:00 am
hi, to everybody.

please, i want to know if with my license can use the NetSearch, or only is possible, with VDJ Pro, only is a little dude, and if it´s possible how to use?.

regards

DJ POTTER PRODUCTIONS

Posted Sun 21 Feb 10 @ 9:56 pm
FaultPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Is there/can there be a way to just save the audio as opposed to needing to save the whole video? Im not a video DJ, and I really only care about caching the audio. Anyway to do this?

Posted Fri 26 Feb 10 @ 11:01 pm
No, there is no way to currently do this. The only way would be to download an audio version of the song, if available.

Posted Mon 01 Mar 10 @ 12:28 pm
I've tried all i can, and i am a registered user but my vids rn't streaming in idk y... ive tried stuff above, i hav 6.07

Posted Thu 01 Apr 10 @ 9:18 pm
patdunPRO InfinityMember since 2010
same thing here. i have added vdj to avg and firewall. I can stream audio but no video.

and i have 6.07 and windows 7

Posted Fri 02 Apr 10 @ 4:37 pm
Same here. One day nearly all videos worked, then the next day nonee worked on both of my computers. I instaled 6.07 and get all the Netsearch music but no video. I do not have Virus proteck on either. Thism was working fine since they added NS and now nothing but audio. It finds them but unable to stream. I have even searched on my own youtube videos, and it finds it but does not play it. I have not used NS at a gig but really would like to see this working again.

Posted Fri 16 Apr 10 @ 3:14 pm
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I searched Madonna, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Tony Bennett and got no results from thos artists. It's stuff I never heard of before. NetSearch can officially be done. I use it rarely but was very helpful. Seems pointless now.

Posted Tue 20 Apr 10 @ 7:54 pm
DJ KozPRO InfinityMember since 2007
DJ Koz wrote :
I searched Madonna, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin, Tony Bennett and got no results from those artists. The results I get now are stuff I never heard of before. NetSearch can officially be done. I use it rarely but was very helpful. Seems pointless now.

I meant to edit. Sorry.

Posted Wed 21 Apr 10 @ 10:09 am
well Ive just downloaded the latest trial, V6.08 sent the SMS and got my code. entered it and double checked all was correct (in upper case) did like it said and opened virtual DJ, entered my correct username and password which I have written down in my login book.
But it shows up as connected temporary membership...not Full Membership. It was limited membership before. So what do you get for your $5.00 on temp membership?

Posted Sat 24 Apr 10 @ 10:13 am
I am a full Pro user, and my account shows up in the internet tab as full membership. I am on version 6.08. I can use Netsearch for audio but not video. With video files Netsearch finds them, and then pulls up the first frame of the video as the "album" cover, but when I try to load the file I get a stream unavailable error. Obviously, the stream IS available as it is finding it and able to load it to get the frame for the album cover. I can load these videos directly through Youtube and other online sources, but it is being blocked by VDJ's Netsearch functionality.

I have not upgraded to the most recent versions because I don't want a subscription service (to Gigashark or anyone else). I am happy with the ability to access free internet content, but it seems that this functionality has been taken away. Is this an effort to force people to subscribe to a service? What can I do to avoid the "stream unavailable" errors?

Posted Sat 04 Sep 10 @ 9:25 am
65%