Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: NETSEARCH EXPLAINED - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
MiCrooks wrote :
I am a full Pro user, and my account shows up in the internet tab as full membership. I am on version 6.08. I can use Netsearch for audio but not video. With video files Netsearch finds them, and then pulls up the first frame of the video as the "album" cover, but when I try to load the file I get a stream unavailable error. Obviously, the stream IS available as it is finding it and able to load it to get the frame for the album cover. I can load these videos directly through Youtube and other online sources, but it is being blocked by VDJ's Netsearch functionality.

I have not upgraded to the most recent versions because I don't want a subscription service (to Gigashark or anyone else). I am happy with the ability to access free internet content, but it seems that this functionality has been taken away. Is this an effort to force people to subscribe to a service? What can I do to avoid the "stream unavailable" errors?

I answered your ticket on this, nobody is forcing you to take a subscription service.
It's not "VDJ blocking Netsearch functionality" at all.
However, due to changes for access beyond our control, you must be running the latest version to have even limited access.
Just download and install the latest version in your download center and it should be operational.

Posted Sat 04 Sep 10 @ 10:38 am
mp3jrick wrote :
Officially:
EULA SUMMARY:

- This license gives you the right to install and use the software on a maximum of two computers, by one person.

- It does not give you the right to rent or sell computer systems on which the software is installed, or to rent or sell the software or part of it.

- The software is distributed "as-is" and no warranty of any kind is expressed.

- Atomix Productions and its suppliers retain all intellectual property rights in the software.

- Once activated, the software cannot be refunded, unless found to be defective by Atomix Technical Support.

- Software purchased on-line for instant download through our website is considered opened at the time of purchase, and therefore no refund can be given.

- NetSearch is a feature of Virtual DJ software which will attempt to locate content, found freely available, on the Internet.
It’s search results, and functionality, are not guaranteed in anyway and may vary.

My Virtual DJ Is defective , would you refund me ?

Posted Mon 06 Sep 10 @ 11:04 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
strestus wrote :
mp3jrick wrote :
Officially:
EULA SUMMARY:

- This license gives you the right to install and use the software on a maximum of two computers, by one person.

- It does not give you the right to rent or sell computer systems on which the software is installed, or to rent or sell the software or part of it.

- The software is distributed "as-is" and no warranty of any kind is expressed.

- Atomix Productions and its suppliers retain all intellectual property rights in the software.

- Once activated, the software cannot be refunded, unless found to be defective by Atomix Technical Support.

- Software purchased on-line for instant download through our website is considered opened at the time of purchase, and therefore no refund can be given.

- NetSearch is a feature of Virtual DJ software which will attempt to locate content, found freely available, on the Internet.
It’s search results, and functionality, are not guaranteed in anyway and may vary.

My Virtual DJ Is defective , would you refund me ?

No, NetSearch works correctly.

Posted Mon 06 Sep 10 @ 2:01 pm
titos10Home userMember since 2010
hi all,

why when i search a song on net search it only comes part of the song??

Posted Tue 28 Dec 10 @ 10:50 pm
Hey sorry im a noob to all of this but i am suddenly very confused ... okay i resently dowloaded the home edition of vj and got the premium membership so i could use the net search... everything was workin just fine and then all of a sudden every song from the netsearch sese streaming error and wont let me test or dowload to catche ...why is this and what do i need to do? i loaded the program 5 days ago and today was the first day it wont work and still doesnt..PLEASE HELP!
thanks
ROb

Posted Tue 15 Mar 11 @ 1:49 am
Paintballx56,
I am having the exact same problem i have even tryed on my mates internet connection to rule out a problem with my ISP but it's still happening. Also tryed with no firewall/AV running but still nothing.

Come on Tech Support this is really stopping me from going ahead and purchasing the Pro Version.

Thanks

Dave.

Posted Tue 15 Mar 11 @ 4:00 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
I confirm that there is an issue with Grooveshark. Team is aware of this, and soon there will be a fix, if this issue is related with VirtualDJ.

Posted Tue 15 Mar 11 @ 4:09 pm
Ok thanks for the heads up DjDad.

Posted Tue 15 Mar 11 @ 4:11 pm
Same issue for me...hope it's fixed by tomorrow, as I'm using VirtualDJ for a Nationally Syndicated Internet Radio Show.

Hope THEY FIX IT!

Posted Tue 15 Mar 11 @ 6:59 pm
GWB1956PRO InfinityMember since 2010
i am a pro user and a preimum member and i can not stream videos i used to but not anymore whats up been a preimum for 6 years

Posted Thu 07 Mar 13 @ 12:02 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Netsearch video files provide stream unavailable error, due to some changes Youtube made lately to prevent direct downloads.
A fix will be available soon.

thank you for your understanding.

This is a very old thread and will be closed. You can open a thread in the Premium Forum, if you wish to post further.

Posted Thu 07 Mar 13 @ 12:59 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)