Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: anyone mix with mp3's from a disc

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
i was wondering if people that use this software from a hard drive only or has anyone tried to play mp3 from a disc? i know the acess is faster from th HD but whats the disc like in use? i'd imagine you can get a good # of mp3's on a dvd

Posted Wed 11 May 05 @ 5:34 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
as you said it works but of course access takes more time as hd.

Posted Wed 11 May 05 @ 5:53 pm
MrSlidePRO InfinityMember since 2005
It works but I wouldn't recommend it because the searching time is longer and you have more chance of skipping of the tracks if both tracks you are playing are on different parts of the same CD/DVD.

Posted Wed 11 May 05 @ 5:54 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
I tryed a normal audio (.waw) cd and load 2 different songs on both decks (audio! - around 50mb each). I have 52x cd-rom drive and VDJ had no problem to play them. Maybe it took a littele more time to load it on deck as mp3 from disk, but VDJ played them with no problems. Scratching, cueing.... all worked fine.

Dj Nikki

Posted Wed 11 May 05 @ 6:11 pm
When the song from a disk loads it loads itself into memory so that it doesn't consistantly read the disk.

Its the same as loading from the hard drive although the harddrive loads a bit quicker then a CD-Rom would.

Its like back in the days of the anti-skip creation. The way they produced this was they created a memory module that would load part of the song into memory so the disk spins faster then normal to load the information in advanced. This way if the song would skip you won't notice since your only listening from the memory loaded and not directly from the CD as was done when CDs first came out.

Regards

DJ White Devil

Posted Wed 11 May 05 @ 6:28 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
thats wha i though i just was wondering if anyone use a different method of storage then an HD. any you guys in the US?

Posted Wed 11 May 05 @ 8:54 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)