Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Hercules

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello all!!
Just goto say after receiving my Hercules DJ Console in the post yesterday and having a play around with it last night! I'm took back on how cool this little device is!

I have used Vinyl and CD Decks for nearly 10 years now and was very skeptical about mp3 mixing, but it works like a charm with this little box of tricks! having my whole mp3 collection with fx,looping etc at arms length mixing away on my powerful monitor speakers!

Great stuff team! VDJ and Hercules keep up the good work!

Posted Wed 11 May 05 @ 10:10 am
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If you think the Hercules console is cool, buy the full version of VDJ and burn yourself a cd of the VDJ timecode, or perhaps purchase some time coded vinyls and use your turntables.

You'll have all the neat abilities you've already seen (and a few more in the full version), plus you'll be able to control it all from your old faithful turntable/CDDJ setup!

Posted Wed 11 May 05 @ 10:47 am
Already one step ahead, timecoded vinyl is on order :-)
also looking at getting full ver next month, what are the differences between hercules ver and full ver ? (Sorry if this has been asked a million times)

Posted Wed 11 May 05 @ 12:24 pm
difference between full version and Hercules version is here:
http://www.virtualdj.com/products/comparison.html

Most important would be the ability to use more than one soundcard, or having 2x stereo out from your hercules to connect to external mixer

And dont worry about Bargler! ;) hehe... I LOVE my hercules too! ;) its a nice litte all-in-the-box thing

But sure, timecode cd's w/ external mixer is a lot more pro, and ALOT more expencive! ;)
The hercules is a good start, even a good tool for small time djs

I still bring it to my club, although I do use timecode cd's with Pioneer 1000s decks and external mixer
Sometimes its just good to have the controller also :)

And its GREAT for home use/home practice and radio broadcast etc etc

I like it, and have no problems saying so... sorry bargler :) hehe

Posted Wed 11 May 05 @ 1:42 pm
Glad you started Rune...hehe
Love the console....... great tool,you just gotta get to know it better.
Life is great .....I go to work at the club with my console,laptop,headphone....that's all
Go with the full version you won't be disappointed
Regards
Andre

Posted Wed 11 May 05 @ 7:24 pm
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
When did I get nominated to be the resident Hercules hater, Norway? LOL!
Am I going to have to hook mine back up so I can get the DJ Console tag under my name again? I wish I had XP10 and DJ Console under my name so people wouldn't assume I'm bashing them! I own them! :)

Posted Wed 11 May 05 @ 7:55 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)