Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: A stupid question for professional DJs - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
@ dj in norway. You have helped me a bunch, thanks again. I don't disagree with you or the following you have built, it is very true. The music drives the crowd...end of story. At the same time, it's sort of depressing for people like us who love to hear a perfect harmonic mix. We don't care much about the music...that's why the issue comes up all the time. How many of us make mix discs and could care less about music and just wait (or fast forward to) the mix in our cars? It's really funny actually and somewhere in there lies the balance. But the fact is, people react to songs, sometimes in a better fashion if you mix it and tease them well (and it's a hot song), but even if you didn't..they would still react. So to any working DJ or wannabee, Norway is right..the music matters most. Now Man-TK (sorry if I'm misquoting) brings up another good learning point for newbies or others. If you want to elevate..the way things are now...but perhaps not that much longer..within the DJ Community. The less tech help and the more "skill" will get you further. You can do all this "VDJing" the old fashion way and make it sound incredible. More skill, more work, but possible and more valued by the Higher DJ community. There's my two cents on an interesting subject. To anyone who likes turntabilism or just the art of the mix...WE WOULD LIKE TCV VINYL TO BE ABLE TO USE BEATLOCK. Hey norway yelled, so that's mine. :P

Posted Wed 11 May 05 @ 2:26 am
hehe.... well spoken ;)

And the mixing counts of course... :) not having the dancefloor take a 2step because u beatmix wrong, or something like that :)
And I do respect true vinyl jockeys a lot ... its for sure an artform

Posted Wed 11 May 05 @ 2:34 am
My turn

Beat lock rocks.....ty
Andre

ps. if you dont get this message please read again

Posted Wed 11 May 05 @ 11:51 am
vpcdjHome userMember since 2004
vinyl dudes will always have something smart to say about computer djing. why even care about what they have to say...
but we always like their 2cents coz it pushes 'us' to perfect computer/digital djing.

Posted Wed 11 May 05 @ 10:40 pm
Actually at first I only thought of VDJ, Final Scratch and all other software with TCV as a way to not have to carry 3-4 crates of vinyl to each gig + bring more with a PC. I must admit that with more reasearch and now owning the software there is alot more to offer then meets the eye.

I sent a remix to DJ Andre Landry that I worked on for about 7 months with Acid Pro. To be honnest with you all if I had 4 turntables, 2 PCs and the equipment to make the TCVs work I can pretty much perform the same thing live!!!

Now that's incredible as far as I can say. I know that many people will tell me that you can do it with controllers but I just didn't have the joys of trying one out to see how much control you really have with them. each song was brought in at an exact time and I know for a fact that I can do this with vinyl.

Regards

DJ White Devil

Looking through thousands of songs at 100mph sure beats looking through a pile of vinyl in crates plus you can have everything setup within seconds which gives you time to breath. I showed this software to other DJs and they were quite impressed at the stuff you can do with this.

Posted Thu 12 May 05 @ 2:16 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)