Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Motu Ultralite mk3 configuration in order to prelisten an use the mic - Page: 4

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

isrortPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Dont worry DAZ...

Here we go... and this is how i think its supposed the connection should be set...please tell me if make sense at all.....

VCI-100----Via USB---------> MacBookPro
MacBook Pro ----Via Fire Wire (Digital Sign)-----------> Default Analog 1-2 of the Motu.
KAOS PAD------ Via RCA-TRS cables-----------> Assign the Return to the Analog 3-4 Input of Motu (The Analog 1-2 Input is the Mic by Default and theres no physical Analog 1-2 Input in the Motu, it begins at Analog 3-4 Input);

What its no clear for me... is how to assign the send signal... I guess, is the signal that close the effect loop and comes from the Motu to the KAOS PAd again right? so again... i guess i should assign another Analog Output like 3-4 right?... or should be the main output L-R?

thats a bit confusing for me.....cause the digital (VDJ) signal is assigned as i mentioned above to the Analog input 1-2 and Main output L-R in the first place.....and the Kaos is in the 3-4 input cause theres no physical Analog input 1-2... Sounds like no sense...

Posted Sat 12 Dec 09 @ 12:30 pm
DazmaxPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Can you do a pic of what comes up on the Return assign menu?

Daz

Posted Sat 12 Dec 09 @ 12:41 pm

Posted Sun 13 Dec 09 @ 10:10 am
Hi mate

Set return assign to Main Out 1 and 2.

Next have a look for a panel which shows Send Assign or Effecs Send Assign.

Daz

Posted Mon 14 Dec 09 @ 12:05 am
Looking at the diagram above(kaos pad connections), seems that it refers that the return line goes to a input in the mixer and the send line from the output of the mixer to the input of the kaos pad in order to close the loop. In the other hand, the return assign in the motu seems to be a output choice... No sense at all (reverse)... Besides the panel of the digital mixer of motu no refers any send or return, just the analog inputs 1 to 8 and output buses; thats why i think they assign the "return" to a output choice, right? and the send? jeje.......but i insist, this is the opposite that the kaos diagram refers;

BTW.....I haven't bought the kaos pad.. first i wanna know if will work with the motu... sound like yes but i cant figure it out ,how?

thanks daz..

Check this video, this is my mixer software (this is the video that i wanted to share few posts ago)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48vYfBl3DaU&feature=related

ps no info from kaos and motu support!!!

Posted Mon 14 Dec 09 @ 9:01 pm
Thanks mate

Will take a look and see what I can come up with

Daz

Posted Tue 15 Dec 09 @ 1:00 am
thks DAZ

Posted Tue 15 Dec 09 @ 11:42 am
Hi mate

You can connect the Kaos in line with the output of the Motu but this is not a good solution. Have annother try at Motu support and rather than asking them about the Kaos just ask them how to configute the Motu to allow you to use an external effects unit with standard stereo send and return connections.

Sorry but this is the best suggestion i can come up with without having the manual to refer to.

You could also see if Motu run a forum where your questions on this could be answered by people with experience of actually using this unit.

good luck with it.

Daz

Posted Wed 16 Dec 09 @ 9:06 am
thanks DAZ for all your support.

Saludos

Posted Wed 16 Dec 09 @ 9:57 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)