Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Color wave forms

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I think the only advantage Serato has over VDJ is color wave forms.

I mix complicated music so a feature like this would be nice!

Posted Thu 29 Oct 09 @ 6:02 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
I don't know what skin or monitor you run but the wave forms that I have (in VDJ 6) are different colors (blue and red). Some skins don't have the option to lay 1 waveform over the other, which would only be usefull if each deck's waveform was a different color, I know that helps me. I would say try another skin or playing with the settings on the skin.

Posted Thu 29 Oct 09 @ 9:16 pm
I prefer the red and blue waveforms of VDJ although I wish the peaks in the primary waveforms were as prominent as they are in the scratch waveform window of the new 6.0 skins (so you can see the events like claps better). The advantage of having the red and blue waveforms is they can be overlapped making visual beatmatching easier (for me at least). If VDJ had multi-coloured waveforms like Serato you wouldn't be able overlap them. Although I suppose if you are more accustomed to the 'side by side' layout of waveforms like Serato then it would be nice to have a skin that mimics that. But I can understand why VDJ doesn't do that, because that would be the equivalent of BMW coming out with a car body that looks just like a Mercedes, catch my drift?

Posted Sat 31 Oct 09 @ 9:27 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Side by side waveforms can already be done; I've implemented it on skins in the past.

Posted Sat 31 Oct 09 @ 1:03 pm
I agree,colored waveforms really assist so you can assume if the peak is a kick,snare etc. This is definitely needed.

Posted Sat 31 Oct 09 @ 9:31 pm
I see there are color wave forms in the way that deck a is blue and deck b is red but basically id like to see wave forms that show the difference between a clap and a snare by its color

Posted Thu 12 Nov 09 @ 10:12 pm
maybe we could split the difference..

(in my opinion) I dont like the rainbow hue of colours..
AND I like have the waveforms on top of one another..

BUT!
I concede it would be nice to be able to "see" the difference between the downbeat and the upbeat..
so how about this for a suggestion.. (IE: lets split the difference)

A multi hued Red and blue

Example:
anything under 250 hz is a dark blue (or dark red), anything between 250hz and 4000 hz is a medium blue (or red), and 4000 to 20000hz is a light blue

Posted Fri 13 Nov 09 @ 5:00 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)