Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: STANTON Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 9

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

s2pidHome userMember since 2011
ANY NEWS about the SCS.1 re-launch? Or the bundle with VDJ??

It seems like it will never comes.

Besides it looks like the Stanton forum is even more dead than before Gibson bought the company.

What could be wrong there?

Posted Thu 01 Nov 12 @ 10:06 am
Hi, I have just purchaced a stanton djc.4, and running the supplied VirtualDJ LE.

My question is this: When first using the controller, there seems to be a difference/discretion/lag between some of the physical controls and the corresponding software control. For instance, I have to turn the gain knob a couple of times before it registers in VDJ LE and actually changes the gain volume. annoying.

Is this a ASIO driver problem? controller driver problem? Or is there a software setting I haven't got right here??

much appreciated, thanks

Posted Wed 28 Nov 12 @ 3:43 am

Posted Wed 28 Nov 12 @ 5:07 am
DjRatRHome userMember since 2010
I just purchased an SC System 1 (SCS.1M + SCS.1D) online, and guess what, the Stanton website disappeared the same day!

So my question is: Do I need to install the latest drivers and firmware for these to properly work with VDJ or are they Plug-and-Play?

Posted Tue 11 Dec 12 @ 1:03 pm
Stanton SCS.4DJ, Numark DJ/iO Virtual DJ settings

For those having trouble setting up the SCS.4DJ and a Numark DJ/iO (and other sound cards), here is how I have my system setup so the cueing (prelistening) works:

I have my multiple-port USB hub plugged into my laptop USB. Into the multiple-port USB hub, I have my external hard drive with my music on it, a USB cable running to the SCS.4DJ, and a USB cable running to the Numark DJ/iO. From the Numark DJ/iO, I have a set of RCA cables running from the output 1 R & L plugs input into my mixer/ speaker (or whatever you are using). I have my headphones plugged into the laptop headphone jack.

Make sure that you have installed the drivers per the Numark DJ/iO.

Make sure that the SCS.4DJ is in the MIDI Controller mode.

If you haven't checked your Virtual DJ updates lately, 7.3 is the current version.

Within the Virtual DJ configuration screen, on the "Settings" screen, "Mappers" tab, chose "Stanton SCS.4DJ" from the drop-down screen.

From the "Settings" screen, "Sound Setup" tab, Inputs should be "None" - Outputs should be "Headphones" with "Master: First card / Headphones: Second card". Sound card should be "2 cards (laptop + sound card) - "Speakers / Numark USB Audio - WDM 2.9.13" on the top drop-down tab and "Speakers (Conexant High Definition SmartAudio 221)" on the bottom drop-down tab.

You can then use the "PFL" buttons from Virtual DJ or the "Headphone" buttons in the center of the SCS.4DJ.

Posted Sun 17 Feb 13 @ 7:08 pm
Hi! I just got my new cmp.800!!1 But I can't get to use them on Virtual dj? How do I have to do the setup? O:

Posted Mon 11 Mar 13 @ 12:46 pm

Posted Tue 12 Mar 13 @ 5:17 am
Malsano wrote :
Hi! I just got my new cmp.800!!1 But I can't get to use them on Virtual dj? How do I have to do the setup? O:

Despite the fact that documentation from Stanton is pure I can create a definition file + mapper for the device if you can provide me it's SysexID and/or VID/PID numbers ;)

Posted Tue 12 Mar 13 @ 7:50 am
Where can I find the SysexID and/or VID/PID numbers¡¡??? Thx a lot man! :D

Posted Tue 12 Mar 13 @ 11:40 am

Posted Tue 12 Mar 13 @ 12:51 pm
Man can u send me a pm? I have my player connected and dl the midi trace, but I don't understand what to do u.u

Posted Tue 12 Mar 13 @ 1:23 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/ControllerDefinitionMIDI.html

I think I just found it! Check it out at the end of the english manual there's de midi map. Does that work? :D

Posted Tue 12 Mar 13 @ 7:38 pm
my stanton djc.4 is not working anymore it used to now what?

Posted Tue 02 Apr 13 @ 2:24 pm
For anyone that might need it I made a mapping that works players CMP.800

When the track is full stop wheel works on scratch if the track is playing it works on pitch bend. Btw you have to lower the pitch bend sensitivity and scratch too. If someone figures out how to solve scratch only on full stop and bend only meanwhile the track is playing plz let me know.
Have fun!

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/15862/CMP_800_Stanton.html

Here's the link!

Posted Thu 11 Apr 13 @ 11:00 pm
Hey guys...I have a question and I hope you guys can help me out. I am a novice so dont go to hard on me for this but I am learning how to scratch on turntables. I have a standton t.52 turntable and a stanton smx.202 mixer. how can I use them with/hook up to vdj?

Posted Tue 16 Apr 13 @ 12:09 pm
If you want to use time code vinyl to control VDJ, you'll need the full Pro version of VDJ and a suitable audio interface.

What needs to happen is the signal from the turntable has to be sent into the computer (so at least one stereo input) then the actual music signal from the file you're controlling has to come back out (so at least one stereo output too).

If you're planning on ever using two turntables then you'll need an interface with TWO stereo in & TWO stereo outs.

Then you'll need the time coded vinyl itself.

Posted Thu 18 Apr 13 @ 7:04 pm
GrancaPRO InfinityMember since 2011
I got a problem with my CDJ-4 running on pro.
The settings change from time to time.
Most of the time I can not change the sample volume.
The sample individual settings change.
It is more but I think you got it...
Every time I start up I have to go through all my settings to see what I need to re-set

Posted Fri 10 May 13 @ 10:24 am
Hey All,
I tried to search the forums but am new to virtual dj and may have over looked the answer. I have vdj and a djm 600 pioneer and two standon c.324 cdj's and I am looking for a maya44 sound card to replace my numark djio but my question is can I use the stantons with the emulation or timecodes cds to control the mp3s in virtual djs. I know the big boy pioneers and equally exspensive cdjs will.

Thanks for helping the newb!

Posted Thu 23 May 13 @ 8:29 am

Posted Thu 23 May 13 @ 1:19 pm
You rock! I'm lovin VDJ and the site, forums and helpful members!

Posted Thu 23 May 13 @ 1:26 pm
96%