Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: STANTON Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

I want to thank Trip Nine and Cstoll for working up the SCS3D mappers. It's hard to describe the genuine joy I get from scratching all of these movies after waiting so long to do so.
Chris, you made a great mapper for the 3ds, I'm doing the best tarez and dragz with the 3ds so far.

Posted Sat 07 Nov 09 @ 12:08 pm
I am practising the crowd-pleaser "Swing-Flare". The VDJ wave forms at the top of the screen are really good for this. It's easy to see when you have two sounds close together. Way better than all the other programs (wave-form wise) for this purpose. i'm loving the smooth feel and clean sound.

Posted Thu 12 Nov 09 @ 7:23 am
I installed the new version. (pro 6.0.3)
One problem, my active deck wave-form isn't coming to the front.
Didn't think about how handy that was for juggling until it wasn't there.

Posted Fri 13 Nov 09 @ 7:03 am

Posted Fri 13 Nov 09 @ 12:52 pm
I am having a problem that is probably very simple. I am trying to get a handle on the mapping engine.

I have a stanton scs3d, and am using the darouter (love the presets cstoll but until i understand more mapping i need to use darouter)

anyways.... i am able to learn buttons and such, and i have been able to figure out some of the syntax etc. i figured out putting "deck 1" and 2 before play buttons and i can map buttons and sliders, but i am having issues with the jogwheel....

i do not scratch, i am looking for the pitchbend ability or nudge with the jogwheel back and forwards

ne1 feel like lending a hand?

Posted Sat 28 Nov 09 @ 9:55 am
yvesmkPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Any idea on how to light the leds in the touch/wheel panel/buttons/sliders, which VDJ script commands to use?
And which command for which leds?

All ideas or guidelines more then welcome.

Thanks.

Posted Sat 28 Nov 09 @ 10:52 am
vjoneskc wrote :
I am having a problem that is probably very simple. I am trying to get a handle on the mapping engine.

I have a stanton scs3d, and am using the darouter (love the presets cstoll but until i understand more mapping i need to use darouter)

anyways.... i am able to learn buttons and such, and i have been able to figure out some of the syntax etc. i figured out putting "deck 1" and 2 before play buttons and i can map buttons and sliders, but i am having issues with the jogwheel....

i do not scratch, i am looking for the pitchbend ability or nudge with the jogwheel back and forwards

ne1 feel like lending a hand?

use my preset xml (I think they are in this thread somewhere, if not private msg me and I'll send you the link). if you use the shift function in vinyl mode it will go from scratch mode to jog mode.

Posted Fri 04 Dec 09 @ 8:01 pm
i like the presets, but i am trying to learn how to map these myself.

i can use the internal mapper, i seem to be getting a grip on it. EXCEPT for the damn jogwheels

i use the "new" then move the jogwheel, it sees it and give me the midi notes, but i am having problems assigning the functions to it, i tried jogwheel and jogwheel_touch, and i have experimented with jogwheel +1 and other things. i can make it pitchbend or nudge +1 when i touch the wheel, but can not make it act like a jogwheel.

i will keep messing with it... i have looked at a couple xml files to see if i can shed some light on this

Posted Mon 07 Dec 09 @ 5:12 pm
If you are using Darouter the jog wheel has two modes, scartch and jog. you switch between the two buy using the upper left button to shift between. If you using jog touch you will need to have two values; one for the note on /off, and the cc (I think they are the same value, but must be distinct cc and note) there is a midi map downloadable from stanton. you can use either the hex values (the "0x") or the number as I did in my map. good luck!

Posted Mon 07 Dec 09 @ 11:30 pm
x3r0gvHome userMember since 2009
where can i find the download?

Posted Fri 18 Dec 09 @ 1:19 pm
sorry if repost, but i dont see one

i get random crash when i hit EQ on the the 3d

i use external mixer most of the time, so not a huge problem. i have tried reinstalls of everything

Posted Wed 23 Dec 09 @ 8:06 am
this is not really a fix.... but i bought a 3m, and use it with my 3d now, and the EQ crash is gone, chris's mapper works now, everything is perfect

i still usually output to a mixer and mix and cue there, but the 3m is a damn nice little tool

Posted Sat 02 Jan 10 @ 10:39 am
Cstoll,
Is there anyway to use a slider for scratching? I am trying to use the middle part of the SCS3d but don't believe it is possible. Have tried various settings in the device file (jog & fulljog). Fulljog semi-worked but it has a problem in that it expects the jogwheel to be at the same location when the next note-on is sent (hope I explained that okay). Any ideas.

Thanks,
jonDough

Posted Sun 03 Jan 10 @ 3:37 pm
If you are using DaRouter, you have 2 modes, jog and scratch. If you your are in scratch mode, you need to have a definition in you mapper for "scratch touch" it is the samenote as your CC. scratching work well when while playing, but is much too fast for stop scratches. you can adjust the sensitivity in your preferences. Mine is around 15%. this will not adjust the sensitivity for scratching while the deck is not playing. I've seen youtube videos of people doing some sick scratching with these, but I keep the turntables attached with timecodes for such a thing.

Posted Mon 04 Jan 10 @ 12:32 pm
I am not using darouter. I was just using the normal midi just as cstoll used in his mappings. His mappings are actually the ones I am basing my changes on.

Posted Mon 04 Jan 10 @ 4:42 pm
How Can I Import the Mapping in the VDJ 6.0.5. MAC Version?
THX in advance
Gerrit

Posted Mon 11 Jan 10 @ 3:39 pm
I still haven't perfected it. It works natively with DaRouter on 5.2 though. You can get the mapping for that off of Stanton's forum on VDJ.

Posted Wed 13 Jan 10 @ 3:43 pm
FLeX69PRO InfinityMember since 2006
Thanks..I will keep reading this forum and keep up-to-date.

Posted Thu 21 Jan 10 @ 3:39 am
its been a while since i posted so im just checking if anyone is getting closer to having this mapped for vdj? i have the original mapper but am just seeing where we stand

Posted Mon 01 Feb 10 @ 12:13 pm
There will be a new definition and mapper ready for the next release of VirtualDJ. Had to add some improvements in the software to get 'full' ability and mapping. The new mapping will be identical (with some improvements) to what Stanton has posted on their preset page. Also, as we did with the first release, you will not need the use of the DaRouter software - 100% direct to VirtualDJ.

But this will be in the next release - and please don't ask when ;)

Posted Mon 01 Feb 10 @ 5:35 pm
21%