Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Skins downloads should not be for everyone - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

The skin downloads should only be for full version users, similar to some of the plug-ins. What do you guys think?

Posted Thu 14 Apr 05 @ 3:19 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I don't really think so because some options are not in the default one.
The new users should have possibility to test advanced options to make their choice.

Posted Thu 14 Apr 05 @ 6:41 pm
Which advanced options?...If they like the basic app and want advanced options, then they will buy the full version.

Posted Fri 15 Apr 05 @ 8:18 pm
dj_cashPRO InfinityMember since 2004
just like I did.. I'm a guy on 15... I bought VDJ for a month ago.. And it's MUCH better than the one wich comes with Hercules Dj Console... So if it is anyone who have Hercules without the full version I recommend that U buy it ;)

Dj Cash

Posted Fri 15 Apr 05 @ 9:07 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
BreakScience : Look carefully there are many! functions that are not in the default (even advanced) skin.

FRUiT94

Posted Sat 16 Apr 05 @ 2:37 pm
Yes, there ARE many! But the default skin should be enough to make a decision whether to buy or not. I guess I am alone on this one :) Just a thought.

Posted Sat 16 Apr 05 @ 9:47 pm
@ Breakscience
Remember the VDJ Team are nothing more than drug dealers!
Whats thier drug...VDJ(demo version with all the skins and functions).
Where do they sell them...on the internet and through our testimonies.
When a drug dealer sells drugs to a newbie, he offers him the best free sample around. The newbie tries it, likes it and gets hooked. Just when he wants another free sample he is told "NO" you have to buy it now. If the newbie is really hooked, he will do anything to buy it. That's how they got you and me.
I'm hooked and want more...HELLO VDJ I want more.

So it is good to offer as much as possible so that when they are enjoying the software...boom...it expires. Now what? You buy it!

Great idea if you ask me.

MS

Posted Sun 17 Apr 05 @ 4:47 am
Following that reasoning, plug-ins should be available for everyone too.

I agree with breakscience, there are enough features in the advanced default skin for buyers to make up their mind about the program. Just compare the skins with the default, and seriously think about if the few extra features really would be the deciding factor for purchasing VDJ. Most of it is just different design and layout...

Out of respect for the skinners and their hard work... skins should be just as restricted to registered users as plugins. There could still be screenshots for demo-users to view.

- Jim Nordic

Posted Sun 17 Apr 05 @ 4:51 am
Never thought of that Jim...you have a point. Breakscience maybe you ARE on to something.

MS

Posted Sun 17 Apr 05 @ 5:12 am
Thanks dj maddsound. :) My post was not directed towards you, but the majority consensus on the topic. Sorry if it came out that way, man.

Yeah… breakscience is a smart cookie.

Cheers!!

Posted Sun 17 Apr 05 @ 5:39 am
it could even be both ;) I'm always the diplomatic one :) looool

Some skins could be for full users only :)

"the golden middle" ;) everybody is happy! hehe

Posted Sun 17 Apr 05 @ 4:06 pm
Maybe the author of the skin should decide...can you tell I'm making a skin? Shhh ;)

break.

Posted Mon 18 Apr 05 @ 1:08 am
That's a very good idea. Keep up the hard work!!

Posted Mon 18 Apr 05 @ 1:27 am
As an EX-Crack addict I can say For Me a major part of my motivation to kick the habbit and buy virtual DJ was the ability to download effects pluggin for the DMC/DAC Controller, For interest other factors were the resonable cost of the software, free upgrades, greatVDJ community help for reg. users, and the moral issue the great feeling of supporting such great and deserving software.

Posted Sun 22 May 05 @ 12:21 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
well as a demo man myself, i think the skins should be downloaded by all user, it does not give you any more functions maybe a different appearance and some maybe added buttons to take advantage of. I find the lack of community here sad. its either your on the team or not attitude is not very welcoming, i look forward to joining the "team" as soon as i can after my demo testing and looks like 3.0 is going to be "hot" is the words of paris hilton. i do why understand the "crackers" should not be helped but just because you can't get the skin you want would not stop the cracks from using VDJ. The effects on the other hand advance the use of VDJ and should be licensed user's only. i guess my point is i think the demo users should not have to get screwed because of crackers, everyone here that was a prior demo user could use skins when they had a chance to test it. just my 2 cents with an intrest rate of 6%

Posted Mon 23 May 05 @ 8:06 pm
It DOES give you more functions, as the default skin is a bit simple...

Posted Mon 23 May 05 @ 8:39 pm
but the same functions could be made into shortcuts right? so then the functions are still there just not as easy to access, i may be wrong since i'm waiting to test myself , what other functions does it provide?

Posted Mon 23 May 05 @ 9:20 pm
For example : you cannot create some pannels with shortcuts, you cannot grow the waveform then. Only a skin can do that. But it stills a few features you're right.

After that we can talk about the ease of use, or brightness, or other confort stuffs...

FRUiT94

Posted Mon 23 May 05 @ 9:29 pm
ah i see....but like i was saying a "cracker" don't care as long as they can use VDJ somehow.If a demo user were to use a nice "friendly" skin it make have an impact on a sale, so its hard to help one and not the other.
* i guess this is not the thread where i ask you to make a turntable skin for me...... :) nothing fancy maybe similar to your latest on just with some dope looking tables

Posted Mon 23 May 05 @ 10:11 pm
Yes Listen2 I read that.

What you pointed is the reason we can't deny access to demo users, even if they R cracks...

Really can't say if I will build a new skin... It takes a lot of time... But I listen 2 U (he he) maybe a day when I will have time. I don't promise...

FRUiT94

Posted Mon 23 May 05 @ 11:18 pm
71%