Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: I'm Bummed - Maya 44 usb asio driver problems

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Alright, for two months no problems whatsoever. I was blessed I guess. Now, I can't even start VDJ. I click on the program and it won't open. I searched and searched but didn't really find a solution. I reinstalled Maya drivers 2.5, I got an error message that said asio driver problem. I recently installed creative soundblaster usb soundcard, but I have the problem whether it is plugged in or not. It worked for days after I installed it. I also installed a Magix recording program, but again it worked for sometime with it. I uninstalled the Magix program. When I went to uninstall the Maya asio driver, it said I had a problem and it couldn't find it. Even after I went through the reinstall process. I ran Norton antivirus. Damn....it's been annoying. Help!! 1 gig ram, 3 ghz processor. The program opens sort of, but it stays on the bottom of window xp. When I right click it only gives me the option to move or close. I've heard about IRQ conflicts but don't know where to find or remedy. Thanks.

Posted Tue 12 Apr 05 @ 12:19 am
as far as Norton Anti-Virus goes I would try running a scan with AVG or Kaspersky. AVG can be found @ www.grisoft.com and has a free virus scan although will only scan and not remove viruses. Kaspersky would be better then AVG yet would take up more ressources. try the scan with AVG and see what it detects as well as download Ad-Aware SE which is free from http://www.lavasoft.com/.

You can always try to re-install VDJ to see if that helps.

Let us know the results Djej

DJ White Devil

Posted Tue 12 Apr 05 @ 12:25 am
Thanks man..I'm going for the reinstall but first I'll try the virus scans you were talking about. I think that's what happened.

Posted Tue 12 Apr 05 @ 12:45 am
AVG normally detects 10+ virus that Norton will not see and the same goes for Kaspersky in comparison to AVG although a full system scan with Kaspersky takes me approx 6 hours with my 160GB HDD. AVG is good enough though.

Posted Tue 12 Apr 05 @ 12:48 am
What exactly do you mean by AVG? I did the free adware scan and did detect 3 critical virus'. Eliminated those but it didn't work. I don't see AVG on the lavasoft site. Thanks.

Posted Tue 12 Apr 05 @ 1:04 am
sorry AVG is an anti-virus @ www.grisoft.com try the free virus scan there.

Posted Tue 12 Apr 05 @ 1:07 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003

Posted Tue 12 Apr 05 @ 3:08 am
AVG gave me no virus'. I appreciate the support. I really hope the e-service team check messages, b/c I think a reinstall would do the trick. 2.01 now works.

Posted Wed 13 Apr 05 @ 3:07 am
I have to give props. E-service (coyote dj) responded in a few hours and reset my account to allow a full reinstall. Thanks.

Posted Wed 13 Apr 05 @ 3:03 pm
The reinstall worked..playing a tune right now. Strange...I think it's because benjithedog didn't like my post :) Thanks for the help folks. LOL

Posted Thu 14 Apr 05 @ 12:40 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)