Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Samples

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey everyone....I was just wondering how other people used the sampler in vdj.....I am new to djing and I was just wondering how other people use real samplers and the one in vdj. I use it for sound effects, voice samples and for instrumental loops to play accapellas over.....is this pretty much how other people use it? any other ways to implement it? I pretty much dj just rap and dancehall. Also has anyone used the external hardware sampler that vdj sells? how would you implement this and is it any good?

Thanks,

Benjithedog

Posted Thu 07 Apr 05 @ 1:03 am
First of all you need the full legal version :)

hopefullly you will like virtual dj, and decide not to use a cracked version

Posted Thu 07 Apr 05 @ 3:20 am
Yup and its been long enough now ......wont you join us? legally
Andre

Posted Thu 07 Apr 05 @ 7:34 am
Guys I know using a cracked version is not as good and I am planning on getting the real thing as soon as possible ( I am saving up to get my whole package at once.....vdj, mixer, xp10s or cd players with tccd's) So im the meantime can you please give me some insight into my questions? This will help me want to use the real version so that I can fully experiance everything. Instead of just shooting down my questions why not help me and show me that the vdj staff is helpful and open? I am merely curious about how other dj's use samples in their music.....why not share your experiance?

Posted Thu 07 Apr 05 @ 10:52 pm
Again, like I have mentioned in other threads, you are the type of person that steals a car out of a dealership, drives it fast and hard. After a few days you realize that that the engine is knocking a little and you quite don't understand how to set the time in the radio. So you come back to the dealership and ask them to give you advice on how to set the radio and what is wrong with the engine.
They tell you that the car is stolen...
You say guys I know that the car is stolen but...I am saving up to buy a garage to put it in and a house to put the garage in and a pretty girl to put in the passenger seat...so...could you guys shut up and quit asking me questions about how I go this ILLEGAL product.
Oh yeah guys BTW...(and I qoute) "in the meantime can you please give me some insight into my questions? This will help me want to use the real version so that I can fully experiance everything. Instead of just shooting down my questions why not help me and show me that the vdj staff is helpful and open? I am merely curious about how other dj's use samples in their music.....why not share your experiance?"

Now after it's put like that, sounds like like a pretty silly question to ask now doesn't it?

MS

Posted Thu 07 Apr 05 @ 11:51 pm
ok maybe i am that person....maybe my few months of illegal use will catch up to me, maybe not, u writing negative things about me doesnt really phase me.....and i dont see why it is a dumb question to ask how other djs use samples in their work......im not going to get into some stupid forum war like im five years old.....i am just curious as to how other djs use them......i dont see why other djs on this forum arent helpful to new ones where on every other dj forum on the internet they are. If anyone would actually like to help me please do...if not then i guess ill just look for help elsewhere.

Posted Fri 08 Apr 05 @ 12:32 am
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Because DJing is a fraternity...it's a special club. We want this company to do well, because they have a great software that is helping us/some of us make a living. We need them to do well so they have money for upgrades. It's freakin 99 dollars. If you STEAL it, you're a crook...and who like's a crook.

So, the use of samples is what ABSOLUTELY makes a DJ a REAL good DJ. There are tons of people who could tell you how SPECIAL samples are...but they won't until you buy the program.

Now, on a different note....You have certainly noticed the passion in this forum about protecting the product. Guess why? It's the best software..it's amazing, and it seems like a small company that needs members, not people stealing it. Also, the cracked version is constantly causing problems if you read the forums. If you buy, the community will welcome you. Good luck.

Posted Fri 08 Apr 05 @ 1:19 am
Amen....anyways you been on the forum for a while.....and we did answer some of your questions in the past.

Posted Fri 08 Apr 05 @ 3:41 pm
well, I right click on the sample button every once in a while to add a lil flava...Im currently trying to change the samples so I can add my own samples like scratches so I dont have to use the wheel on the mouse, I already have pre-recorded scratches that I can use

Posted Sat 09 Apr 05 @ 6:32 am
Alright seeing I know u like dance hall and reggae the best samples to mix will be what Jamican DJs use for e.g (stone love horn).If u are mixing dance hall , this should be fairly be easy as most dance hall tunes will be riddim down,so some samples u should have will be (jah,bounty- lord ah mercy,lick shots,sirenand so on.Now u should know dub plates is a big big big part of establishing your self ,so try and get samples from artists.Now timing of samples is what u can use as a tool to change a beat, for e.g when bringing in a tune at the right time is idetified (which will be at the end of a chorous or verse) at the same time of cutting the tune put in a sample.
I hope this help u and i will explane better at a next time.

seanrasta44out

Posted Sun 10 Apr 05 @ 10:29 pm
jaimicoHome userMember since 2005
hola soy de chile y hecesito q me ayuden necesito nuevas pieles de my virtual dj y nuevos sampers okis si alguien me ayuda yo los ayudo mi email es --@--.--

--
Moderated by Lady Cameron
Sorry jaimico no email address is allowed from a demo user

Posted Mon 11 Apr 05 @ 6:03 pm
" Hi I am from Chile and and need you to help me get new skins and samples for my VDJ."

Hola Jaimico, esta foro es para aquellos que hablan Inglis. Hay un foro para aquellos que hablan Espanol. Por favor hagan sus preguntas ahi. No se pueden consigir pieles o samples nuevos se eres un usador
"demo". Tienen que ser un usador "full".

I explained that we have a Spanish Forum to ask questions in and also he needs to be a Full user to be able to download skins and samples.

MS

Posted Mon 11 Apr 05 @ 6:29 pm
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Good job maddsound. You're a good translator.

Posted Mon 11 Apr 05 @ 6:51 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
hi guys..

let's say something about cracked versions... they are full od bugs. i realized that when i bought a full vrsion.. if you want to try VDJ, you can download a trial version.

I was using cracked VDJ a few weeks, i confess.
But you won't be dissapointed if you buy it!

everything in VDJ works great. so buy it and you will see and then you will get all the support you need.

Dj Nikki

Posted Mon 11 Apr 05 @ 9:34 pm
They close mey forom so I will tell u what is (dub plates ) here. Dub plates is simply tunes from dance hall artist done for u , u can say like a mix tape. U will use a dub plate more in a sound clash against another DJ more like to gain respect. If u have like a inturmental of the Kopa riddim or something ,and I know in the Virgin Island those have plenty conserts so try and get a link, with Sizzla or the best Bounty killa to make One for u.
do u know about Mighty Crown,they call them self the far east champion. They from Japan and u will never believe the amont of respect they have because of the amount of dub plates they have.Well u must know Jamican DJs run the rought when it come to dub plates DJs like Stone Love and Tony Matterran.In Trinidad DJs like Maxi-mela,Jugglers and Juda International have level dub plates.

seanrasta44 out

Posted Tue 12 Apr 05 @ 12:29 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)