Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DENON Hardware Products (OLD) - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

mp3jrick wrote :

As these are updated, the softwere will be in the DL center.
It won't be a different version number so you don't make that assumption.

So are you saying we should keep downloading and reinstalling the current version because it is being updated? I would have figured the version number would change (6.1.1, 6.1.2, etc... so changes could be tracked, or backed out if needed.

If so, why can't an engineer post to the board stating what has been changed or updated. That would keep people wasting their time and your bandwidth dling software that either hasn't changed or changes were made that aren't relevent to that particular customer.

So, on that note, have there been any changes made yet for the Denon controllers?

Thank You,

Posted Tue 14 Jul 09 @ 12:46 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
"will be" means as soon as available ;-)

Posted Tue 14 Jul 09 @ 8:29 am
djcel wrote :
"will be" means as soon as available ;-)

OK, Thanks.

Posted Wed 15 Jul 09 @ 3:38 am
[DN-S3700]

mp3jrick wrote :

Denon specific problems have been compiled and submitted for proper attention.

Again, anytime you guys want to roll back in the meanwhile, just hit us up in support.

We have many users who want to participate in testing.
Putting the builds in the users hands as long as its safe, is the fastest way to test, fix and release.
The more input the better, as the software and features grow, its a lot of gound to cover naturally.

As I said in the thread in the PC Support forum, its gonna be a whole lot better than it was, but time is the element.

Tx
r

How do we become involved in this testing? I'd be keen to help in any way possible to make my 3700s work with VDJ6 and MIDI - until then I'm still using VDJ Rev5.4a live because I can't trust 6.01.

Posted Fri 17 Jul 09 @ 9:24 pm
ElPianista wrote :
[DN-S3700]

mp3jrick wrote :

Denon specific problems have been compiled and submitted for proper attention.

Again, anytime you guys want to roll back in the meanwhile, just hit us up in support.

We have many users who want to participate in testing.
Putting the builds in the users hands as long as its safe, is the fastest way to test, fix and release.
The more input the better, as the software and features grow, its a lot of gound to cover naturally.

As I said in the thread in the PC Support forum, its gonna be a whole lot better than it was, but time is the element.

Tx
r

How do we become involved in this testing? I'd be keen to help in any way possible to make my 3700s work with VDJ6 and MIDI - until then I'm still using VDJ Rev5.4a live because I can't trust 6.01.

I'm figuring the Dev team is probably tweaking the Midi on their end, then once its ready for release will probaby have those of us who harrass them in these forums, test it in the wild.

By the way, I know many times we as Dj's complain on these forums, but let me start by saying "Thank You" to those members of the VDJ community who are working hard to perfect Midi with Denon S1200's and Denon S3700. Many of us are eagerly awaiting to see the results of your hard work.

If the new release fixes the bugs and is better then 6.1, VDJ with the Denon's will be a killer combination. Its already a beast with the Version 5 mapper...

Posted Thu 23 Jul 09 @ 11:17 pm
DJCBPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hi,

Which news concerning the problem from platter midi for Dn-s3700 ?

Thx

Posted Sat 01 Aug 09 @ 11:12 am
DJCBPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Allo,

Nobody a answeer ?

Posted Sun 02 Aug 09 @ 9:24 am
DN HC4500
DN HC4500, powerful HP pro laptop running only VDJ 6

Having upgraded the 4500 too 1006 firmware my VDJ can’t find it. The out put to the mixer is working fine via the 4500 but I can’t control anything in VDJ from the 4500.

The 4500 just shows 0 pc (link)
Pressing the search on the mapper screen does nothing

Please help….. Is it me? I’m no computer buff
howie

Posted Sun 02 Aug 09 @ 2:22 pm
brechaPRO InfinityMember since 2008
[S1200]

I am having problems to get the two decks to work. I just get sound from one deck. I can see the everything in display (music name, mp3, etc.) but I just get sound from one of the decks. I am using a Macbook with OSX 10.5.8. I have used the MIDI configuration recommended buy VDJ. The sound setup was made recommended but in sound card set up the 2 cards selection does not accept the DN-s1200 and the Aggregate device, I apply the configuration but when I come back to the configuration sound set up the sound card selection is back to build-in output. Can any help on this issue. I am using two Denon s1200 with dnx 100 (Denon).

Posted Tue 11 Aug 09 @ 12:43 am
brechaPRO InfinityMember since 2008
brecha wrote :
[S1200]

I am having problems to get the two decks to work. I just get sound from one deck. I can read everything in the display (music name, mp3, PC,etc.) but I just get sound from one of the decks. I am using a Macbook with OSX 10.5.8. I have used the MIDI configuration as recommended by VDJ. The sound setup was made as recommended but in sound card set up the 2 cards selection does not accept the DN-s1200 and the Aggregate device, I apply the configuration but when I came back to the configuration sound set up the sound card selection is back to build-in output. Can any help on this issue. I am using two Denon s1200 with dnx 100 (Denon).

Posted Tue 11 Aug 09 @ 1:00 am
jakovskiPRO InfinityStaffMember since 2006
howiebowker wrote :
DN HC4500
DN HC4500, powerful HP pro laptop running only VDJ 6

Having upgraded the 4500 too 1006 firmware my VDJ can’t find it. The out put to the mixer is working fine via the 4500 but I can’t control anything in VDJ from the 4500.

The 4500 just shows 0 pc (link)
Pressing the search on the mapper screen does nothing

Please help….. Is it me? I’m no computer buff
howie

It's a known effect - should be fixed with next update. Since you wait, better go back to Firmware 1005. Denon changed the way the controller comunicates with the PC, so some tweaking must be done ;-)

Greets, Heiko

Posted Tue 11 Aug 09 @ 8:54 am
Man-TkPRO InfinityMember since 2004
DJJAMM wrote :
HELLO ALL! Dj Jamm Here I am Curious About the denon dn3700 platter issue..For all those who have the 3700, does the platter not work on all computers or just some users-----> or is it just a vista issue or is it with windows xp only do they work with mac or not .. can anyone give me some advice on purchasing these units.. ..Will I feel like i just wasted anothe load of money or will i be thrilled --

Sincerely DJ JAMM

The problem is : you can't TurnON/OFF only one platter - & is no posible to work with the direct motor (for scratch for ex. because this problem) - But you can work perfect (if you forget about the direct drive JOG)

Posted Tue 11 Aug 09 @ 2:11 pm
With the new release, has anyone tested to see if this resolved some of the minor issues with VDJ6 and the Denon S1200's? I'm talking about the detection issues with native control? I'm almost scared to try the new update until I know it will work... Thanks.

Posted Sat 29 Aug 09 @ 7:42 pm
I've tried it with a pair of Denon 5500's, a Korg nanopad and a Korg Zero8 mixer. Everything works well. I only get a slight drift of the cue point when scratching. (ex: for testing purposes, when scratching the same point back and forth a few times it tends to drift. I have to catch it by moving the platter slightly forward.) The screen issue is now resolved and I don't get any audio warbles when the platter is spinning. This is a definate improvement. Good work team on another update well done. Keep up the good work.

Posted Sat 29 Aug 09 @ 8:05 pm
4 hours GIG tonight, HC 4500 with 1006 firmware.
6.02 was great, both in XP(Bootcamp) and Snow Leopard.

Macbook Pro(latest)2.8ghz/4GB ram

Posted Sat 29 Aug 09 @ 8:09 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
You all are welcome ... and thanks for the input you gave early on ... shaggypoet, you should be good man ... try it out !!!

Posted Sun 30 Aug 09 @ 2:23 am
From other threads ...

Dj_john24 wrote :
I noticed there are a few slider controls in the options menu for the platter. Does anyone know the best settings for the Denon DN-HS5500's.

cstoll wrote :
Scratch - 130-140%, CUE 100%, Bend 80-90%

-----------------------

DJMIHRAN wrote :
Has any tried the denon s3700 with vdj6.0.2. Any difference or improvements? And what are the beat settings possible for scratching? Thanks guys.

cstoll wrote :
The 5500 and 3700 are the same platter technology ... and yes it is fixed ...

Posted Sun 30 Aug 09 @ 9:13 am
[HC4500]

jjloevli wrote :
4 hours GIG tonight, HC 4500 with 1006 firmware.
6.02 was great, both in XP(Bootcamp) and Snow Leopard.

Macbook Pro(latest)2.8ghz/4GB ram

I still have problems in bootcamp and my 13'' macbook pro 2,26ghz, 2gb ram - under XP (bootcamp)

When performance is set to HQ, i need to set buffer to 1024 both in vdj and asio, otherwise i have small glitches/dropouts
when spinning the jogwheel too fast, but if i do any crazy things with mouse (move waveform quickly, etc) it NEVER SKIPS.

Looks to me like input from controller is interrupting the audio.

I had it also with 1005 firmware, tried denon asio 1.01 and 2.0 - same results.

What settings do you use under bootcamp ?

Posted Mon 31 Aug 09 @ 6:33 am
can someone post step by step instructions to set up 2 5500s with the latest versions 6.02.

I keep having problems getting it working and it seems my computer is working overtime when I have both usbs plugged in, glitchy and takes forever to load a song and I lose control of deck.

I have 2 hs5500s a behringer ddm4000, a korg nano pad, and hp dv9000 laptop with vista 32 bit, I was able to use the timecode just fine.

I have already changed jog trans, but I can't get the channels right I guess. Is it like the dysnc where I use the channels for just one denon or do I use the the out of A from left denon and out of B from right Denon?

Do I need to change anything in the Denon Aiso screen?

In the map section do I use the HS-5500 or a different one when using two?

Thanks...Sorry, a little anxious....I feel like I'm so close to getting this working

Posted Tue 01 Sep 09 @ 2:37 pm
You don't use the dsync ... and you leave the units at their default out-of-the-box configuration.

Do not change the MIDI channels ... leave them the manufacture defaults settings.

Posted Tue 01 Sep 09 @ 4:47 pm
87%