Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: HERCULES Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 42

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005

Posted Fri 26 Oct 12 @ 6:25 am
I have a hercules 4mx. I'm using a macbook pro and virtual dj pro full. The problem im having involves the premix cue. For some reason, when i have a song i want to listen to only via the headphones to ready the mix, I can hear the music playing on the speakers too. How can I adjust it so I only hear the premix in my headphones and not the speakers?

Posted Fri 16 Nov 12 @ 4:54 pm
First, make sure your speakers are connected to Output 1-2.

Next verify the audio configuration in VDJ so it looks like this:

- Input : Line In OR Microphone

- Output(s): Headphone > Master Chan1/2 / headphone Chan3/4

-Soundcard: DJ Console 4-Mx

Posted Mon 19 Nov 12 @ 7:05 am
will that set up work for broadcast please.. ive just done a clean install and firmware update on my 4mx as ive been trying to find out why i cant use the record loopback any more connected to my line in on the mac . This has been since 7.3. i set chan 1 and 2 up for main output 3 and 4 for headphones and then try to add record loopback to input 1and 2 and i get the Error in sound driver or your soundcard is not connected.. but it is

im using a macbook pro a 4mx and 7.3. im using an external mixer to add mic and the output of the mixer goes to the line in on the mac.. its worked before just dont know whats gone wrong.. Hope you can help please

Marky P

Posted Tue 20 Nov 12 @ 6:13 pm
twitchy knob

Often when I turn the knob BASS of my Hercules 4 MX knobs (both channel) it will immediately jump to the highest or lowest setting available(only the knobs under the Virtual DJ software display)

Does anyone else experience this problem and is this a hardware or software issue? Do I need to send my Hercules 4MX back

Posted Thu 22 Nov 12 @ 9:58 pm

Posted Fri 23 Nov 12 @ 7:26 am

Posted Fri 23 Nov 12 @ 7:39 am
KoryCHome userMember since 2012
ok so i plugged in my RMX and opened VDJ v7.0 and my RMX lights flash a couple times then nothing. im new to DJing and dont have any idea about computers. could you please help me get this to work!

Posted Mon 10 Dec 12 @ 7:41 pm
@ KoryC

Are you using VDJ PRO FULL? Note that this is the only version that can support the use of a DJ controller.

Also, please be sure to register your serial number in your profile so that you can obtain the latest update (currently v7.3)

As for the console itself:

When you first connect your console to the USB, the LED will flash for a few second,then will turn off, indicating the device is being initialized. This is perfectly normal.

Once you start VDJ, some LED may lit up, according to what the software according to certain functions being enabled (CUE or PLAY for example). Again, this is normal.

- I would recommend using the latest driver:

http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=17&fid=62&pid=215&cid=1

Once installed, you can verify it is installed correctly, as described in this document:

http://ts.hercules.com/faqs/eng/her_eng_00350.pdf

Posted Tue 11 Dec 12 @ 6:38 am
idj4himPRO InfinityMember since 2009
please help me. i cant find the post where you can set the jog wheel to change the parm on the effects using the jog wheels. but not holding the shift button down. i hope this makes since. i have seen this before but cant find. buttons scratch led scratch thanks ronnie

Posted Fri 21 Dec 12 @ 7:20 am
the button on my Hercules 4Mx doesn't work anymore, and i checked the mappers and it is blank. What is the action it needs to toggle the mic on and off?

Posted Tue 25 Dec 12 @ 8:12 pm
Hi all,

Been using VirtualDJ® 3 with the Hercules Console Mk2 (god bless the little fella) with a Pioneer CDJ 2000 skin which suits me fine since 2007.

Console USB on audio out developed a hiss when recording vinyl, so made the upgrade to DJ Console 4-Mx with Virtual dj7 le and found to my horror that most of the VDJv3 functionality is completely lost and scaled back, the mixer is not compatible with the older SW release, and the drivers don't work on the vinyl recorder.

Can anybody advise me on how to make the best of Console 4-Mx with Virtual dj7 le in the way I'm used to before I put if straight back on ebay and look for a replacement Mk2 Console?

Thanks

Posted Tue 15 Jan 13 @ 7:20 am
VirtualDJ LE is free limited software and doesn't support using custom skins, settings, etc. Please see comparison.

In VirtualDJ Console Edition v3 this may have been different because it was a special version that was created exclusively for Hercules at the time and the arrangements made with the manufacturer were different back then. It's now a very old and out-of-date version of the software (We are now on version v7.3)

Of course the 4-Mx won't work with VirtualDJ v3 because it is very old software and released a long time before the 4-Mx existed. VirtualDJ LE/Console Edition will also only work with the hardware it was originally included with.

For full functionality in the latest version, you would need to upgrade to the full VirtualDJ Professional. Your 4-Mx entitles you to a discount off the cost of upgrading: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html - You can try it out before upgrading either by enabling the 20 day trial in VirtualDJ LE or by using the latest VirtualDJ Home FREE (This is limited to 10 minutes at a time before reverting back to free version with mouse/keyboard control only.)

You may also wish to check your computer settings and the drivers/firmware for the Hercules MK2:

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Common_Device_Drivers.html
http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Performance%20Issues.html

Posted Tue 15 Jan 13 @ 8:21 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Am I been stupid, there is only downloads for mac on hercules site, I've selected the windows for the rmx and then the driver window, only shows download for mac in next window down.

Can someone tell me if there is something wrong with site or is it me, just done a complete re install and need these drivers for tonight, got an hour left to sort out.

thanks.

Posted Sat 26 Jan 13 @ 11:32 am

Posted Mon 28 Jan 13 @ 7:36 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Yep, thanks, found it soon after I made the post unfortunately. Been so used to it at the top of the page.

Thanks again.

Posted Mon 28 Jan 13 @ 8:37 am
Hi all, I just purchased a Deejay Trim and it arrived today. I hooked it up and I'm only getting sound out of the right side on the 3&4 channel. Channel 1&2 works fine. I'm using a Numark M6 mixer with two CDJ 800 decks. I know it's not the RCA jacks that I'm using because I've switched them around in every configuration I could think of. I know it's not the mixer because I switched mixers and I got the same result. I know it's not the decks because it does it on both sides.
On the 1&2 side, both L&R LED's are registering and on the 3&4 side, only the right side LED is registering. I've search the forums and couldn't find a similar problem. Am I missing something?

Inputs: Two timecodes
Output: External Mixer
Sound Card: ASIO - Hercules DeeJay Trim 4&6 ASIO
PLEASE HELP!!!
PS: I bought it brand new from the Guitar Center. If any more info is needed please let me know.

Posted Thu 07 Feb 13 @ 7:00 pm

Hi guy's

just wondering if anyone's come accross this issue...i'm using a RMX controller and VDJ 7pro. After loading the rmx drivers it works fine but when i reboot my laptop load VDJ 7pro load track it play's like all distorted... and i find the only way to sort this is deinstall and reinstall drivers
but again as soon as i reboot i have same problem lol...driving me nuts

thanks in advance for your help

Posted Tue 12 Mar 13 @ 11:30 am
I would recommend checking with the laptop manufacturer's support site to see if there might be some updates (BIOS, drivers, etc) for your computer. The same applies for the console:

Although it should be fine to leave your console (or any USB devices) connected to the computer at all time, we've seen some systems (often laptops) where it was necessary to only connect it once the computer had completely booted up. This might be the case here.

You might also want to apply the recommendation of the following guide, specially the chapter on USB:

http://ts.hercules.com/faqs/eng/her_eng_00364.pdf

Posted Tue 12 Mar 13 @ 1:28 pm
[quote=DJ Phatso]I would recommend checking with the laptop manufacturer's support site to see if there might be some updates (BIOS, drivers, etc) for your computer. The same applies for the console:

Although it should be fine to leave your console (or any USB devices) connected to the computer at all time, we've seen some systems (often laptops) where it was necessary to only connect it once the computer had completely booted up. This might be the case here.

You might also want to apply the recommendation of the following guide, specially the chapter on USB:

http://ts.hercules.com/faqs/eng/her_eng_00364.pdf

Hey DJ Phatso

Thankyou so much for your rapid response..

Happy to tell you, you've help me solve the issue i've been having finally!! :) went through everything you pointed me too and low and behold it was down too a new wireless mouse i brought about six weeks ago, around the same time the problem started!! leaving it plugged in on startup is causing the problem!! not sure why this is causing a problem so have gone back to using my old wired mouse and all's fine ;)

Cheers Pal

Posted Wed 13 Mar 13 @ 1:51 pm
97%