Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: HERCULES Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 43

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

PhiDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
guys, i just recently purchased a new RMX 2 with the VDL LE installer CD however the license key is now inlcuded in the package? I don't know if this is the right channel to echo this but it would be really nice if you could point me to correct one..Thanks and sorry for hijacking the topic.

Gab

Posted Fri 15 Mar 13 @ 11:33 pm
Look below RMX2. The serial is there.

Posted Sat 16 Mar 13 @ 3:09 pm
PhiDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
@DJGil2K
Thanks a lot..found it!

Posted Sun 17 Mar 13 @ 2:38 am
is there some sort of interface that allows you to connect turntables to vd7...mixer perhaps?

Posted Mon 18 Mar 13 @ 2:46 pm
@ Dirtydexx, I personally recommend the DJ Trim 4&6 for an interface.

Posted Tue 19 Mar 13 @ 7:40 am
djplickPRO InfinityMember since 2012
im using the rmx2 and the loop pads... not sure but i hit pad 1 and then have to hit pad 2 (otherwise it wont loop) and then its on a loop of 2. i want it to start on a loop of 4 or be able to start on any number loop i momentarily need is this possible? i use a mouse to loop but with some of the skins this is getting harder to do. with it starting on a loop of 2 all the time i have to quickly hit it to 4 and as quick as i get you still hear its a loop of 2.

Posted Fri 05 Apr 13 @ 9:17 pm
DJ PhatsoPRO InfinityHercules Support TeamMember since 2005

Posted Tue 09 Apr 13 @ 8:33 am
djplickPRO InfinityMember since 2012
thank you

Posted Tue 09 Apr 13 @ 11:23 pm
This is hardware related more than software related but I'm hoping someone can still help me out. I have a feeling it's something easy that I'm just not getting because I'm a little new at this.

I'm using a Hercules RMX out to a pair of JBL Eon 515XT speakers via the 1/4" outputs on the back.

I have a Behringer MicroMix 400 4-channel mono mixer plugged in through the RMX's front mic input with a wireless and wired mic into the MicroMix.

I'm getting nice, rich sound out of the mics but no matter what I do or what combination of mics and cables I use there is an audible static hiss over the speakers that increases and decreases with the mic volume level. Using either of the mics alone produces no static at all so I'm quite certain it is related to the mic mixer itself.

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot the hiss beyond swapping out mics and cables (which I have done extensively)? Hopefully I'm missing something simple!

Posted Mon 15 Apr 13 @ 7:50 am
From what I can see online, the Micromix is a line level mixer - it's not for mics.

The hiss is probably because you're plugging the high level output of the Micromix into a low level mic input on the RMX, so the RMX is amplifying the hiss produced by the cheap circuit in the Micromix.

What you need for mixing mics is a mixing desk with mic inputs. But you still wouldn't be able to plug the output of that into a mic input (the RMX).

Instead, you should consider plugging the RMX into the mixing desk, alongside the mics (use a desk with mic inputs and stereo line inputs).

Then the output of the desk would feed your speakers.

Posted Mon 15 Apr 13 @ 8:03 am
groovindj wrote :
From what I can see online, the Micromix is a line level mixer - it's not for mics.

The hiss is probably because you're plugging the high level output of the Micromix into a low level mic input on the RMX, so the RMX is amplifying the hiss produced by the cheap circuit in the Micromix.

What you need for mixing mics is a mixing desk with mic inputs. But you still wouldn't be able to plug the output of that into a mic input (the RMX).

Instead, you should consider plugging the RMX into the mixing desk, alongside the mics (use a desk with mic inputs and stereo line inputs).

Then the output of the desk would feed your speakers.

Thank you! I was lead to believe the Micromix would be suitable by a sales rep and being new to the hardware I didn't know any better. I'll be returning that today.

Posted Mon 15 Apr 13 @ 12:27 pm
Sales res - what do they know? Clearly not much in this case!

Probably only just started work there, or only works part time...

I like to play "test the shop assistant" by asking about something of which I have prior knowledge, to see if they know.

If they don't know, they should admit it and offer to find out, rather than give you bull.

Posted Tue 16 Apr 13 @ 5:06 am
una pregunta. se me quebro el disco de la instalacion que biene dentro del hercules rmx. donde puedo conceguir ese disco o descargarlo

Posted Thu 16 May 13 @ 1:53 pm
Sorry, this forum is for English language messages only.

Please either post your message again in English or use the appropriate language forum at the bottom of http://www.virtualdj.com/forums to post in your own language.

Posted Thu 16 May 13 @ 10:30 pm
Hey guys I just recently got the deejay trim sound card so I could use vinyl at places where they already have turntables vs carrying around a controller. I got everything almost working perfect. The problem I am running into is my quality of signal with the vinyl. I am currently only getting 3-5% quality and I have done the following to correct this but with no luck: 1. Made sure needles were cleaned and good 2. switched needles just in case 3. went into timecode config and made sure I had the correct vinyl (serato) selected 4. went into debug mode and tinkered with some things just to make sure nothing could be improved. All these steps and still getting a weak signal anyone have any ideas? I am using 2 1210's with a rane 57 mixer laptop has windows 7 on it

Posted Mon 20 May 13 @ 9:39 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hercules Mapper Pack is now updated to version 2.2 and it support new Hercules DJ Control MP3 LE & AIRplus ;)

AIRplus - Advance configuration of the 4+4 top buttons and 4+4 pads to use FX, Loop, HotCues and Sample.

BUTTON1_EFFECTS -> effect active
BUTTON2_EFFECTS -> effect select -1
BUTTON3_EFFECTS -> effect select +1
BUTTON4_EFFECTS -> effect "flanger"
BUTTON1_LOOPS -> loop_button
BUTTON2_LOOPS -> loop_half
BUTTON3_LOOPS -> loop_double
BUTTON4_LOOPS -> loop
SHIFT_BUTTON1_EFFECTS -> effect "backspin"
SHIFT_BUTTON2_EFFECTS -> effect "dsp_Phaser"
SHIFT_BUTTON3_EFFECTS -> effect "Beatgrid"
SHIFT_BUTTON4_EFFECTS -> effect "FlippinDouble"
SHIFT_BUTTON1_LOOPS -> loop_move -1
SHIFT_BUTTON2_LOOPS -> loop_move +1
SHIFT_BUTTON3_LOOPS -> loop_move -100%
SHIFT_BUTTON4_LOOPS -> loop_move +100%

CUE_PAD1 -> hot_cue 1
CUE_PAD2 -> hot_cue 2
CUE_PAD3 -> hot_cue 3
CUE_PAD4 -> hot_cue 4
SHIFT_CUE_PAD1 -> delete_cue 1
SHIFT_CUE_PAD2 -> delete_cue 2
SHIFT_CUE_PAD3 -> delete_cue 3
SHIFT_CUE_PAD4 -> delete_cue 3
SAMPLE_PAD1 -> sampler 1/5 play_stop
SAMPLE_PAD2 -> sampler 2/6 play_stop
SAMPLE_PAD3 -> sampler 3/7 play_stop
SAMPLE_PAD4 -> sampler 4/8 play_stop
SHIFT_SAMPLE_PAD1 -> Sampler 1/5 volume (sampler AutoPlay option ON will enable the stutter function)
SHIFT_SAMPLE_PAD2 -> Sampler 2/6 volume (sampler AutoPlay option ON will enable the stutter function)
SHIFT_SAMPLE_PAD3 -> Sampler 3/7 volume (sampler AutoPlay option ON will enable the stutter function)
SHIFT_SAMPLE_PAD4 -> Sampler 4/8 volume (sampler AutoPlay option ON will enable the stutter function)

MP3 LE - Advance configuration of the 4+4 (shift mode) buttons to use Loop and FX.

BUTTON1 -> loop 1
BUTTON2 -> loop 2
BUTTON3 -> loop 4
BUTTON4 -> loop 8
BUTTON5 -> effect "flanger"
BUTTON6 -> effect "Beatgrid"
BUTTON7 -> effect "FlippinDouble"
BUTTON8 -> effect "overloop"

Mapper Pack Download - > http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/8336/Hercules_Mapper_Pack.html

Posted Tue 18 Jun 13 @ 7:29 am
Hi there people, I have virtual DJ and have recently picked up a Hercules deejay USB mixer. For some reason my virtual DJ can't find the device witch means I am not able to use it. All the lights on the setup come on so I know it's not faulty. Could someone please help me do I need a map for it or something? Thanks in advance :)

Posted Thu 20 Jun 13 @ 5:55 pm
Which version of VirtualDJ are you using, and which Hercules DJ Console is it?

To use a Hercules DJ Console, you will either need to use the VirtualDJ LE or Console Edition that was original included with it (If it was bundled with VirtualDJ LE) or the latest full VirtualDJ Professional: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

If you are using VirtualDJ Pro, then this is probably because you are using an out-of-date version that doesn't support it. Please register your Pro serial to your account and then download the latest v7.4 version from your Download Center: http://www.virtualdj.com/download/updates.html

If you have not purchased VirtualDJ Pro then please support the software and its future development by purchasing it: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html (Especially if you are working DJ and are making money as a result of using it at your gigs.)

Posted Thu 20 Jun 13 @ 9:16 pm
ciocePRO InfinityMember since 2004

Posted Fri 12 Dec 14 @ 3:14 am
100%