Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: somebody try this

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have noticed some major latency with any controller connected to VDJ. Included Hercules, DAC-2 and XP10's. Try this:

Load a track in a deck
cue it up right at the beat
instead of pressing the play, press the cue
tap the cue very rapidly (for example, I often tap to the beat of the other deck)

What I have noticed, sometimes it starts instantly, sometimes it continues to play even though I lifted my finger off the cue button, sometimes it doesn't start at all

Can anyone confim?

Posted Mon 14 Mar 05 @ 2:42 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
All i know is the function cue_stop() doesn't work very well with the keyboard but no problem when on a skin.
Do you use that?

Posted Mon 14 Mar 05 @ 2:52 am
no, on the screen it is instantaneous. No delays, no problems. with a controllers I see problems

Posted Mon 14 Mar 05 @ 4:38 am
Can someone with a DAC-2. Hercules, or XP10 try this please?

Posted Tue 15 Mar 05 @ 2:47 am
Hercules ......nothing tried for a while and the response is instant
Andre

Posted Tue 15 Mar 05 @ 4:01 am
WirelessDJ, you are correct. I see this same behavoir with the XP10s. I've just learned to live with it, doesn't bother me too much. The one that does bother me is the play button on my XP10. Sometimes if I don't press it long enough, it does not start playing the track. I hit play and the track plays only for a smidgen of a second but it does move. If press the button harder the track starts playing. I don't think it's my XP10, since obviously it is transmitting a keypress event. That's what makes the track move a smidgen.

Posted Tue 15 Mar 05 @ 5:37 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
this software is not sounding any better everyday! it's like either use it with no add-ons or otherwise it will crash. Anewsome i think finally more people are reporting the crash since your ranting thread(joke) i really want to buy this with TCV and i am saving, but will also hold off until these issues are fixed, the more i read the more troubling this is. now i know it works just fine as itself alone and it is the best software, but try and add TCV, xp10 ETC. and you have problems.

**anewsome i was wondering what did you do for your past gig? did you use bison?

Posted Tue 15 Mar 05 @ 5:51 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
listen2 -

I understand your concerns, but when you take in the whole VDJ experience you won't be disappointed. When you compare price, ease of learning curve and overall functionality and even the problems that exist, I think you will find that VDJ is the better product. Just look through the posts and see the number of PCDJ, FinalScratch, etc. users that are now here.
Also, if I could find a 100% bug free, no blemishes application I would be one of the first to get it.. but I just don't think you will find a 100% bug free program.

cstoll

Posted Tue 15 Mar 05 @ 6:40 pm
Hey guys. I used VDJ for the big gig the other night. In fact, I still need to post my experience on the whole gig. I think I'll do that now.

Most importantly, VDJ did not crash during the event. The dance floor was absolutely jammed all night from song one until the lights came on. And I did do some scratching. I was feeling it so I took my chances.

Posted Tue 15 Mar 05 @ 6:58 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
WirelessDJ: I've never had this with the xp-10, but with the dac, sometimes when you are quickly going from the play to the cue button, sometimes it's like the cue button is pushed twice. First it goes to the cue point, then it goes back to the start of the song.
you have to be very alert for this, it will definately mess up a good mix.

Posted Tue 15 Mar 05 @ 7:58 pm
listen2 - even with the VDJ shortcomings, it's still miles ahead of every other software out there. Even with the crashing, I still don't see myself using another software unless I come across something with a BPM engine and overlapping waveforms. In a perfect world though, the crash problems will be fixed and I wouldn't even need to look for new software.

Posted Tue 15 Mar 05 @ 8:04 pm
listen2PRO InfinityMember since 2005
i know what your saying....but in the dj world if your 12" skipped you were wack as a unicycle with a flat tire. Oh yeah i know it happens and it has to me but when the stakes is high i would not feel great about a program that will let u down. i have tons of experience so i know the functions of this app will be like breathing in my sleep. i wouldn;t think of buy other software, just might not commit until it is fixed.

Posted Tue 15 Mar 05 @ 9:38 pm
I have noticed the play button does not always start on my HDC all the time. Maybe it is the program not the controllers? How do we raise the priority of the key response?

Understand that I am not posting to scare anyone away from buying VDJ. It is the best DJ progarm out at this time. I am just raising a concern, I have noticed latency when using numerous external controllers with VDJ. When mixing latin music, we often tap the beat of the next song coming in then slam it over at the right point.

su su
su su
sube (tracks starts playing, I stop the other deck)

http://www.mainstreetmusic.com/cgi-bin/msmusic/LA0000945272.html

I can NOT DO THIS with VDJ with a controller but can do this with a Numark CD Deck!? Atomix please tell me how I can fix this?

Posted Wed 16 Mar 05 @ 1:49 am
Well tried it again Luis slam slam slam play .....work fine
For some strange reason my dj console buttons dont stick,i keep trying and trying....lol
Andre

Posted Wed 16 Mar 05 @ 5:56 pm
What are the specs of your system? What is your max load set to? does it respond every time? I am running an AMD 2200+ with 512MB RAM windows XP and Win2k same slow reaction. I am not thinking it is the Hercules because the DAC-2 and XP10's I owned did the same thing

Posted Thu 17 Mar 05 @ 1:51 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
You are lucky Andre, if your dj console buttons dont "stick"...
I sold mine because of this ...

Posted Thu 17 Mar 05 @ 3:27 am
Seems i am lucky i have been reading about sticky buttons but havent got there i guess
The console is 1 year old
As for Wireless.....specs same as always P3 1.4 640 ram
max load 30 and i have tried and tried the cue it works fine
Andre

Posted Thu 17 Mar 05 @ 4:24 am
aintHome userMember since 2005
I need some ADD-ONS. If somebody has them, send it to my mail:
Purchase the software

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks a lot!!

Posted Sat 10 Sep 05 @ 12:01 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)