Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Is There Another Way

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
This seems to be a pretty consistant complaint from seasoned DJ's who post, and I just wondered if there wasn't another way to achieve protection and limitations without this problem.
Personally as I replied in the thread, the demo is pretty generous.

From the poster,
"It sarx that the trial doesn't let you use a 2nd sound card for your cueing, how am I supposed to evaluate it if I can't use it the way it would need to be used? It's really tough trying to put together a sample mix when it's all "live"."

My reply which also touches on other issues.

There has to be some kind of limitation to a demo, c'mon now.
If you can't make a purchase decision based on what IS available for active features, I doubt you will.
Other demos limit you to a 1 minute track, others have an audio overlay that would instantly spoil any live performance with it.
It took me a matter of an hour to be impressed enough to spend the $115.00 (back then), which is 1/3 the cost of most programs excluding DJP and BPM.
So what do you want?

VDJ is the only program where a deaf person can actually mix live using the waveform.
Just right click on the stop button to bring up the first down beat and mix and fade using the wave form. It works!
You can also use vu and cue lights with certain skins.
There is certainly enough there to properly cue and mix without multi channel sound capabilities.
The whole idea is to keep people from using the demo live.
Who cares if you miss in the studio, just try it again.
Better yet, try what I suggest with visual mixing, it will blow you away.

As for the blackouts, some users have experienced this with TCV (time coded vinyl/scratch) early in the track.
Yes, there is a problem somewhere and it will be found.
It is not something that has ever caused a forum meltdown as with other programs I won't mention.
I plan on doing a mix recording today, it has never caused a problem or blackout for me.

Not sure what the problem is with the resolution for you, never had an issue with it except with a skin size conflict.

Unless it's just a case of some of you wanting to slam Jason, I don't get it.
I can't understand why anybody wouldn't see the value to cost ratio of this program.
The VDJ forum is full of "ex's" from other software camps who now swear by VDJ.
And, nobody can argue that........

Just wondered if another method would help all concerned, both Atomix and future customers.

Posted Sat 12 Mar 05 @ 4:33 pm
I agree the demo is fair and you can see the potential of the program....
btw i use waveforms to mix all the time now.So if your cbgs and bpms a re correct you do not need headphones
Andre

Posted Sat 12 Mar 05 @ 9:51 pm
In my performance last night I was mxing all over the place with no headphones. Cues were set and BPMs were correct before I got to the gig. Fast mixing, beat perfection, no phones.

Posted Sun 13 Mar 05 @ 1:31 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)