Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: NUMARK Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 4

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

hi guys

is there a new mapper for the omni control to assit the lights to work ?

Posted Fri 22 May 09 @ 4:45 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
VirtualDJ / CUE does not send MIDI information to the controllers ... the lights can not be made to work from a simple MIDI configuration.

You would need to have a more 'advanced' mapper to make this happen.

Posted Fri 22 May 09 @ 9:17 am
grugPRO InfinityMember since 2004
skyfxl wrote :
What version do you use and what is your spec :)?

Ive been using the latest version since it was released but this has been happening since I got my ICDX's over a year and a half ago.

Computer spec: Dell Inspiron 6400, 2 gig Ram, 2ghz core 2 duo, ATI x1400 256mb video card.

I have no troubles loading or playing the video clips, and if im just using the mk1 i can thrash VDJ pretty hard with effects, loops transitions blah blah, its only sometimes when i touch that damn platter on the icdx the video clip does strange things as mentioned beforehand.

This problem has been noticed by two other icdx users awhile ago, both sold their decks because it was never solved it had been mentioned a couple of times in this forum. I would like to keep mine for awhile!

Posted Fri 22 May 09 @ 10:51 am
How do I fix sound drop outs? I got an Omni Control last week and have many issues so far. Sound drop outs, pop noises and the controller just stops. I fixed the pop issue by disconnecting from the internet but sound still drops out even after adjusting the latency settings. I did mix for about 30 minutes with no problem then the sound started cutting out about every minute until finally the controller stopped working. Traktor 3 LE was still running but not the controller. I am going to dj a party in a few weeks and want to know how to fix this. I don't have any money to spare but I think buying another sound card would help. The Omni Control controller itself is alright but I think the audio interface stinks. Also, my dell dock stopped working since installing the Omni drivers. :(

Thanks!

Posted Sat 23 May 09 @ 11:11 pm

Posted Mon 25 May 09 @ 9:32 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
grug wrote :
skyfxl wrote :

Ive been using the latest version since it was released but this has been happening since I got my ICDX's over a year and a half ago.

Computer spec: Dell Inspiron 6400, 2 gig Ram, 2ghz core 2 duo, ATI x1400 256mb video card.

I have no troubles loading or playing the video clips, and if im just using the mk1 i can thrash VDJ pretty hard with effects, loops transitions blah blah, its only sometimes when i touch that damn platter on the icdx the video clip does strange things as mentioned beforehand.

This problem has been noticed by two other icdx users awhile ago, both sold their decks because it was never solved it had been mentioned a couple of times in this forum. I would like to keep mine for awhile!

Have you tried updating your ICDX system firmware?

I assume you are using V5.2.1 of the software.

Posted Mon 25 May 09 @ 3:26 pm
painchiller wrote :
How do I fix sound drop outs? I got an Omni Control last week and have many issues so far. Sound drop outs, pop noises and the controller just stops. I fixed the pop issue by disconnecting from the internet but sound still drops out even after adjusting the latency settings. I did mix for about 30 minutes with no problem then the sound started cutting out about every minute until finally the controller stopped working. Traktor 3 LE was still running but not the controller. I am going to dj a party in a few weeks and want to know how to fix this. I don't have any money to spare but I think buying another sound card would help. The Omni Control controller itself is alright but I think the audio interface stinks. Also, my dell dock stopped working since installing the Omni drivers. :(

Thanks!

It would be handy to know your Os and spec , could you please share the details of your system :-)?

Posted Mon 25 May 09 @ 3:27 pm

Posted Mon 25 May 09 @ 3:28 pm
hi every one I have a question, i would like to know if the Numark NS7 controler software is a good equipement to play with in club and what would you guys suggest me to buy between CDJ,TTand NS7 to play in club?

Posted Thu 28 May 09 @ 8:47 pm
The Numark NS7 has had plenty of good reviews from industry critics and users alike. I haven't heard too many negative things about it other than there is no current support for it from VDJ, but I do expect that to change with the new version 6 update slated to come out soon.

I personally use Pioneer CDJ-400's and a DJM-800. I chose these over the 800's and 1000's because of the USB capability which is where the future is headed. These are great to use in a club, but then so would the NS7. There are guys who use the Herc RMX in clubs or the Numark DMC2 which I also own and use in conjunction with a Numark C3USB mixer, it's really up to you. If you know what you are doing, you can use just about anything you want and get away with it.

If you are planning on using Virtual DJ then I would suggest anyone of the controllers I listed above, they are all great. I personally like the CDJ-400's because of their CD, USB and scratching abilities but the NS7 is a formidable opponent in that it is far less expensive, scratches excellently and has a good vinyl emulation feel and you don't need to add a mixer. Its cons are no CD players built-in, no FX (as yet), no VDJ native support (as yet), the vinyl emulation is good but some people can't get used to the 7" platter size which I think is dumb because you can get used to it, I did it with my CDJ-400's.

DJ RuDeDoGG

Keep on Spinnin' & Grinnin'!!

Posted Thu 28 May 09 @ 9:41 pm
The Guy who spins the retro room at the club I work (I video DJ the main level) just bought one....ns7

He absolutely loves it. I'm heading over to his place on Sunday to have a look at this monster. He's also bringing it to the club probably next week.

He's a Serato guy so he loves it to death But is constantly geeking out to my VDJ/dmc2 setup and what it does on the big screens around the club.

Posted Sat 30 May 09 @ 7:18 pm
I WANT TO PURCHASE A NUMARK TURNTABLE THAT IS COMPATIBLE WITH THE VIRTUAL DJ AND CAN CONVERT VINYLS TO MP3
THANK YOU

Posted Sun 31 May 09 @ 7:03 pm
Simon,

any word when we will receive Cue 6?

Posted Sun 31 May 09 @ 10:49 pm
grugPRO InfinityMember since 2004
skyfxl wrote :
grug wrote :
skyfxl wrote :

Have you tried updating your ICDX system firmware?

I assume you are using V5.2.1 of the software.

Yes i have been using the latest icdx firmware since 0.5 was released, yes to 5.2.1 also.
Hoping v6 will now fix this problem anyway, will test out the next few days

Posted Sun 31 May 09 @ 10:59 pm
Hey Skyfoxl, is Numark going to release version 6? I haven't heard anything yet so I thought I would ask you. I hope so. Only less than 3 months ago I bought CUE in anticipation of V 6, I hope I wasn't led astray?

DJ RuDe

Posted Mon 01 Jun 09 @ 12:47 pm
Skyfxl, noticeably absent since the release of V 6? What is going on?

Posted Wed 03 Jun 09 @ 1:54 pm
I just updated to virtual 6 which is awesome by the way, and i got a second setup with the numark omni control and it seems that it does not recongize the controller everytime, sometimes I have to restart the program 3-5 times. When it works it is fine, but my denon hc4500 starts everytime. Anyone have any recomendations.

Posted Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 1:32 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Liveunderthesky2000 wrote :
I just updated to virtual 6 which is awesome by the way, and i got a second setup with the numark omni control and it seems that it does not recongize the controller everytime, sometimes I have to restart the program 3-5 times. When it works it is fine, but my denon hc4500 starts everytime. Anyone have any recomendations.

Check this thread out .. not deeply familiar with the Omni/Stealth/TotalControl ... but this guy had a similar issue with his TC and found the following solution ... might help with the Omni ...

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/110141/PC_Version_Technical_Support/Total_Control_with_6_0.html

Posted Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 1:37 pm
Hey Cstoll thanks, where in device manager are the drivers, i see them in add or remove programs, but not in the device manager, any help with this??

Posted Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 2:03 pm
Also is this just for xp, my other machine is vista????

Posted Thu 04 Jun 09 @ 2:03 pm
5%