Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: NUMARK Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Please post your Numark questions for support here to reduce the numbers of threads and consolodate the answers so users can find them.

If you could check here for answers before proceeding to eservice to fill out tickets it would help us help you all.

Posted Fri 03 Apr 09 @ 10:08 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If you would like to speak to technical support directly regarding your issue please contact us or post here.

Numark Technical Support

USA
Phone: 401-658-3131 (Mon. - Fri. 8:30am - 4:30pm, EST)
Email support: support@numark.com

United Kingdom
Phone: +44 1252 353850 (Mon. - Fri. 9am - 6pm, GMT)
Email support: uksupport@numark.com

Europe
Phone: +49 369 29657906 (Mon. - Fri. 9:00 - 13:00 and
14:00 - 17:00, CET)
Email support: support@numark.de

Posted Fri 03 Apr 09 @ 10:50 am
Please note for Numark software products a valid serial for Cue / Cue Le / Virtual Vinyl is required when contacting Numark support.

Posted Fri 03 Apr 09 @ 12:02 pm
My Total Control controller has gone to shit. I can't even finish a set with it. It just goes out on me mid show...lights go out, and software freezes (audio still goes) until I unplug USB.

And this happens on multiple machines....64 bit laptop and 32 bit desktop...both running Vista.

Very disappointing.

And I am still waiting on 64 bit driers for the Omni Control...

Posted Mon 06 Apr 09 @ 3:26 pm
RipProductions wrote :
My Total Control controller has gone to shit. I can't even finish a set with it. It just goes out on me mid show...lights go out, and software freezes (audio still goes) until I unplug USB.

And this happens on multiple machines....64 bit laptop and 32 bit desktop...both running Vista.

Very disappointing.

Hi, I have been forwarded your email by Tech Support, unfortunately It was a big vague.

I have made some suggestions and asked some questions in reply to your email.

To avoid confusion lets keep the email dialog going.

Regarding the Omni Control drivers, as you are aware we are currently in final beta testing.

We do not want to release the drivers until we are 100% satisfied with their performance.

Posted Tue 07 Apr 09 @ 3:13 pm
I had the same problem with the tc AS THE PERSON ABOVE ME DID!!! this is when i decided i would buy the NS7... I love it in every way but hate Serato itch... its to simple... how about someone please map the new numark ns7 to VDJ... That would be amazing thanks for your help and im sure that it can be done. I got mine to work with the bass nob being the strip search... maybe you can work everything out where things will work thanks again and hope to see that new NS7 mapping for Virtual dj.

djbigdad

Posted Wed 08 Apr 09 @ 3:01 pm
TheFleaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I Have 2 Issues:

1. My DMC2, the Play button on the left deck is not working well... I need to push several times until it works. I removed the "Button" and tryed on the "Pusher" directly with same result. What can I do?

2. I buyed Virtual Vinyl. The Soundcard works if I use only the Outgoing channels. When I try to activate the Timecode (Input) the virtualVinyl process needs 99% of CPU and the whole software is not responsive. I Tried with Maya and all is working fine!

Thanks 4 Reply!

DJ TheFlea
www.theflea.de

Posted Thu 09 Apr 09 @ 6:33 am
TheFlea wrote :
I Have 2 Issues:

1. My DMC2, the Play button on the left deck is not working well... I need to push several times until it works. I removed the "Button" and tryed on the "Pusher" directly with same result. What can I do?

2. I buyed Virtual Vinyl. The Soundcard works if I use only the Outgoing channels. When I try to activate the Timecode (Input) the virtualVinyl process needs 99% of CPU and the whole software is not responsive. I Tried with Maya and all is working fine!

Thanks 4 Reply!

DJ TheFlea
www.theflea.de

1. Please contact Numark Germany for advise on this repair.

2. Could you please post your system config?

Posted Sun 12 Apr 09 @ 2:02 pm
TheFleaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hi.

My system Config:
IBM ThinkPad T43
Intel Centrino Processor
2GB RAM
ATI X300

Windows XP SP2 tuned System (No Network Driver or other unneded applications/Services)

VV Card Produced in October 2007. Feel free to write me a PM if you need more Details...

Posted Mon 13 Apr 09 @ 10:47 am
b1shopPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Here is what I've found out on the NS7 since I own one. I contacted VirtualDJ to see what I could find out. As of right now the software doesn't support the hardware. Hopefully they will fix this as I spent 1300 on it. Here is my message and the return message from customer support.

Date: Sun 12 Apr 09 @ 8:57 pm

I bought an NS7 and can't get it to work right with Cue or Virtual DJ. Itch is ok but I love and want to use virtual DJ with it. I tried mapping but the platters don't work with it and strip search is an issue. Simple functions work but whats the point of that. Could have bought total control for much less. Don't get me wrong I love the NS7 but I want to use it with Virtual DJ or CUE!!!

Date: Mon 13 Apr 09 @ 2:53 pm (VIRTUAL DJ CUSTOMER SUPPORT)

Teamer: mp3jrick

Posted Tue 14 Apr 09 @ 7:22 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Thats correct, it's not currently supported. It's been discussed in soooo many NS7 threads now...

Posted Tue 14 Apr 09 @ 8:35 pm
b1shop wrote :
Here is what I've found out on the NS7 since I own one. I contacted VirtualDJ to see what I could find out. As of right now the software doesn't support the hardware. Hopefully they will fix this as I spent 1300 on it. Here is my message and the return message from customer support.

Date: Sun 12 Apr 09 @ 8:57 pm

I bought an NS7 and can't get it to work right with Cue or Virtual DJ. Itch is ok but I love and want to use virtual DJ with it. I tried mapping but the platters don't work with it and strip search is an issue. Simple functions work but whats the point of that. Could have bought total control for much less. Don't get me wrong I love the NS7 but I want to use it with Virtual DJ or CUE!!!

Date: Mon 13 Apr 09 @ 2:53 pm (VIRTUAL DJ CUSTOMER SUPPORT)

Teamer: mp3jrick

Work in progress as a software update is needed to add support.

Posted Thu 16 Apr 09 @ 6:44 am
bennz0PRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hello! i'm new to the vdj equipment. I have the vdj-pro, the i-cue, dj-io. I can't seem to set up my dj -io soundcard to my i-cue and my PA system. can any-1 help?

Posted Thu 16 Apr 09 @ 9:08 pm
Hi Bennzo,

You would connect the ICUE to your computer.

Then you would connect output one of the DJio to your amp.

In options you would choose:

Inputs : none
Outputs : headphones
Card : ASIO
DRIVER : Numark USB
Channels 1/2 main 3/4 headphones.

This means that you can headphone preview whats coming up and your crowd hears the live mix.

Posted Fri 17 Apr 09 @ 3:39 am
The set-ups:

1. Numark DMC2 controller and a C3USB mixer

2. Pioneer CDJ-400 CD player/controller (qty. 2) and a DJM-800 mixer

I have a large 19" rack mount where the amps, signal processors, power cond. etc are in the bottom portion and the Numark player and mixer are in the top portion. The Pioneer products are in a custom road case that sits on top of the large rack when the cover is on over the Numark stuff.

My problem is that I get a fairly loud AC hum from the Numark mixer but not at all from the Pioneer. They are both connected to the same power conditioner and they are properly grounded. When I'm using the Pioneer gear and it's on top, I use channel 3 on the DJM-800 mixer for extra microphones, which is being fed from the Numark mixer down below. I do this because I'm using both mic inputs already on the Pioneer (when in karaoke use). Even before I bought the Pioneer gear I had the AC hum but never really questioned it until I connected it to the Pioneer that day for the first time, then I thought, wow, I don't have that noise with the Pioneer? I guess I was just used to it, then when I bought the Pioneer gear and it is quiet I realized there was a problem.

Thanks in advance for any help!

DJ RuDeDoGG from SoCali!!

Posted Mon 20 Apr 09 @ 12:10 pm
DJRudeDoGG wrote :
The set-ups:

My problem is that I get a fairly loud AC hum from the Numark

Hi there. I have a numark cm200usb mixer and i have the same problem (hum). I've noticed that the mixer's power cord has only 2 pins (the ground pin is missing). The hum have disappeared after I have eliminated the ground pin on my laptop's ac/dc adaptor. Anyway, sometimes I get distortions on the main output of the mixer. Then I have changed the cables between the dj mixer (numark cm200usb) and main mixer (behringer 1204fx-pro) with balanced cables. Since doing that i have never had distortion on main output of the cm200usb mixer. I still have a hum when i press the main PFL AND any channel's PFL button. I'm sure it is something about the power.... I use an UPS but the problem is still there. Anyway....I have this problem with cm200usb mixer.

Posted Mon 20 Apr 09 @ 3:08 pm
skyfxl wrote :
RipProductions wrote :

Very disappointing.

Hi, I have been forwarded your email by Tech Support, unfortunately It was a big vague.

I have made some suggestions and asked some questions in reply to your email.

To avoid confusion lets keep the email dialog going.

Regarding the Omni Control drivers, as you are aware we are currently in final beta testing.

We do not want to release the drivers until we are 100% satisfied with their performance.

I did a set last week with "Safe Mode" checked and the Numark Total Control worked fine, didn't freeze once. So I take it that the Total Control doesn't work well without ASIO drivers, using the Standard Soundcard provided my Windows. (unless you don't mind that distortion sound when moving the faders).

Either way, still waiting on word for the Omni Control

Posted Tue 21 Apr 09 @ 1:08 am
Hi

I got the numark mixmeister control and im trying to map it to Vdj and the jogweel dosnt seem to slow down plus when i take it backwards it wont spin back only forward really fast !!

for the knob's it only give me the maximum or non for all the knobs and crossfaders in the software

(i think its because there is no limit for the knobs of the controller "infinite knobs", if i turn the knob right or left it keep on going dosnt stop )
and virtual dj only accept single turn knobs ?!? but still i own a total control and it has infinite knobs and works with VDJ no problems what so ever.

the buttons are working fine no problems

do i need something like a programs to adjust the controller or is the midi mapper thats in VDJ enough ??? i just need the value for the relative scale and it will do the trick .?

Note: im using VDJ on MAC

many thanks in advanced

Posted Tue 21 Apr 09 @ 3:42 pm
DJRudeDoGG wrote :
The set-ups:

2. Pioneer CDJ-400 CD player/controller (qty. 2) and a DJM-800 mixer

I have a large 19" rack mount where the amps, signal processors, power cond. etc are in the bottom portion and the Numark player and mixer are in the top portion. The Pioneer products are in a custom road case that sits on top of the large rack when the cover is on over the Numark stuff.

My problem is that I get a fairly loud AC hum from the Numark mixer but not at all from the Pioneer. They are both connected to the same power conditioner and they are properly grounded. When I'm using the Pioneer gear and it's on top, I use channel 3 on the DJM-800 mixer for extra microphones, which is being fed from the Numark mixer down below. I do this because I'm using both mic inputs already on the Pioneer (when in karaoke use). Even before I bought the Pioneer gear I had the AC hum but never really questioned it until I connected it to the Pioneer that day for the first time, then I thought, wow, I don't have that noise with the Pioneer? I guess I was just used to it, then when I bought the Pioneer gear and it is quiet I realized there was a problem.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Hi there, it sounds like you may have whats known as a ground loop.

I would recommend using a conditioned power strip or a ground loop noise eliminator to break this loop.

Posted Wed 22 Apr 09 @ 4:13 am
trancer_ksa wrote :
Hi

I got the numark mixmeister control and im trying to map it to Vdj and the jogweel dosnt seem to slow down plus when i take it backwards it wont spin back only forward really fast !!

for the knob's it only give me the maximum or non for all the knobs and crossfaders in the software

(i think its because there is no limit for the knobs of the controller "infinite knobs", if i turn the knob right or left it keep on going dosnt stop )
and virtual dj only accept single turn knobs ?!? but still i own a total control and it has infinite knobs and works with VDJ no problems what so ever.

the buttons are working fine no problems

do i need something like a programs to adjust the controller or is the midi mapper thats in VDJ enough ??? i just need the value for the relative scale and it will do the trick .?

Note: im using VDJ on MAC

many thanks in advanced

Hi, It seems there may be a issue with relative controls in VDJ MAC.

I will investigate this for you and report back.

Posted Wed 22 Apr 09 @ 4:20 am
1%