Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: NUMARK Hardware Products (Setup, Solutions, Fixes, Issues, etc.) - Page: 70

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hey... I have Numark NS6 with a pro VDJ ... There was several issues with mapping for NS6 from the beginning . Now , besides old issue like "losing sync" there is a new one... crossfader just keep coming back as "user" , no matter how many times I disable it in configuration. This issue is also taking away half of volume while I mix. I was wondering when I can expect to see mapping to be done right finally by someone who knows what he doing ??? Any hopes ? I am not a computer geek and wont do my own mapping , also I was promised that it will be "point and click" situation with NS6 and mapping for VDJ. Removing crossfader mapping is not fixing the issue at all (low volume) only disable a slider while in configurations is still coming back as "user". Another thing is if someone will ask me again why I would want to disable croddfader at all ... cos this option is there and it should work ! Tomorrow I may want to set to "scratch" and it should work to ! :) Thank you for future help :)

Posted Thu 19 Jan 12 @ 2:32 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
First the mapping for the NS6 was done with Numark. The mapping is CORRECT per their approval.

Second, you obviously have never mixed with a real mixer that has a crossfader curve option. The reason the Disable will not work is because there is a crossfader curve knob on the front of the unit. You would have to first removed the crossfader curve mapping then you can use the built-in VirtualDJ options.

So, when you want to insult the 'guy' that built the mapping with Numark and their DJ's feel free to rant some more ... because you are speaking to him ... but know what you are doing before you rant about what does and doesn't work.

Posted Thu 19 Jan 12 @ 5:20 pm
cstoll wrote :
First the mapping for the NS6 was done with Numark. The mapping is CORRECT per their approval.

Second, you obviously have never mixed with a real mixer that has a crossfader curve option. The reason the Disable will not work is because there is a crossfader curve knob on the front of the unit. You would have to first removed the crossfader curve mapping then you can use the built-in VirtualDJ options.

So, when you want to insult the 'guy' that built the mapping with Numark and their DJ's feel free to rant some more ... because you are speaking to him ... but know what you are doing before you rant about what does and doesn't work.

If I have have to "remove crossfader mapping" to be able to use VirtualDJ options that means mapping for NS6 is unfinished... Ohhh by the way NS6 is not a real mixer ??? Goshh i spend 1000$ on fake mixer ???? Or maybe I am obliged to go back first to XIX Century and spin some vinyls and then ask for support on Forum ??? If I know all I would not have to ask for help here .... the first mapping for new on a market NS6 was a disaster and it was still officially CORRECT ... so lets get real...
Thank you very much for your help...

Posted Thu 19 Jan 12 @ 9:53 pm
kheyoPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Quiet down both of you lol !

I know you Mirage and Chris and both of you = too hilarious so please be cool that issue is already hard to fix without any little spoon battle ! lmao !

Chris : you do a super good job :))))

Posted Sat 21 Jan 12 @ 6:06 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
JoMirage wrote :
If I have have to "remove crossfader mapping" to be able to use VirtualDJ options that means mapping for NS6 is unfinished...

No, it just means that you choose to use the controller differently than it is designed for so you can take advantage of features the controller does not support. If the controller had 'THRU' switchs or crossfade assign switches then you would not be complaining that you can't use the 'disable' option. So, it is the controller that is 'LIMITED' to it's abilities to properly control the software.

Now if you would have asked nicely on how this could be accomplished then I might have kindly offered you some suggestions.

JoMirage wrote :
the first mapping for new on a market NS6 was a disaster and it was still officially CORRECT ... so lets get real...

A disaster ??? Interesting ...

Total downloads: 62,837

Two corrections -
** Version 1.1 - changed the ONINIT key mapping to resolve 2 deck skin 'SYNC' issue
** Version 2.0 - updated functionality and fixes the 2 deck skin issues without crippling 4 deck support.

And last updated on July 10, 2011 - with NO complaints since then and only now - 7 months later you complain about a crossfader setting which has an easy correction.

So, a disaster? Guess overall public opinion would differ with you.

So, would you like to discuss options to have the type of control you are looking for? Or, would you like to continue to be critical about such a small item that could have been resolved 3 days ago if you would just asked.

Posted Sat 21 Jan 12 @ 9:09 pm
Hi you all, my name is Avindra and i'm new to this forum. I got a question, how to connect a numark cdn88 dual deck to vdj?

Posted Mon 23 Jan 12 @ 7:55 pm

Posted Tue 24 Jan 12 @ 8:13 am
Is it possible to use the V7 as a midi controller for Virtual DJ with a pioneer mixer. I have used the Itch and Virtual DJ programs and I like Virtual DJ better. Numark should consider making bigger version of NS7 to have full size platters like the old CDX and HDX players. I loved the vinyl feel of those two old players.

Posted Thu 26 Jan 12 @ 9:36 pm
liltegoPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Am using a mac and the ns6 also kontrol x1 am having issues when I play music on vdj program will close out on me it doesn't crash or freeze it just closes out after awhile of music playing . Step i done is reinstall vdj and still the same problem I use to own a mixtrack pro and a rmx never had this issue .Don't know if ns6 is causing this problem also all drivers are updated on it my mac spec are

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac11,2
Processor Name: Intel Core i3
Processor Speed: 3.06 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 4 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Processor Interconnect Speed: 5.86 GT/s

I also have itch should i remove it ? please help thanks

Posted Thu 02 Feb 12 @ 9:24 am
gud day guys since i bougth my new loptop i got this issue with video graphics iwas looking for solution and never fined one so now iwas planning to buy a new 1 any suggestion what should i get specially on the specs. i want to use it for video mixing on numark cue with ns7fx as a midi controller i dnt want to use amd processor pls help guys

Posted Mon 06 Feb 12 @ 6:46 am
Hello I'm an inspiring DJ i have gotten Numark Pro, i was wondering how and if you can change the audio card and how that works and what is an affordable and good one

Posted Wed 08 Feb 12 @ 1:36 pm
Hi there,
can anyone at Atomix confirm that? I must admit I don't quite believe this statement:

http://community.numark.com/numark/topics/64_bit_drivers_for_virtual_vinyl?utm_content=topic_link&utm_medium=email&utm_source=reply_notification

I wrote :
64-bit drivers for Virtual Vinyl
Hi there!
I use Virtual Vinyl on a 64-bit Win 7 with DSEO, but would really appreciate a signed driver for not having to permanently run my system in test mode. Is there any chance there's going to be a signed 64-bit version? Ever? Pleeeeeaaaase?

sbangs (Community Manager) wrote :
Hello, we are working on this issue with Virtual DJ

Posted Wed 08 Feb 12 @ 5:15 pm
Hi I have a numark mixer attached to my macbook pro (snow leopard). When I have a sound card and the mixer attached to my computer, only the music from the left side will play and I can't get music on the right side of the mixer to play. I have the mixer mapped to the virtual dj

Please email me at ****@***** if you can help me. much appreciated!

[Sorry, E-mail addresses and other contact details are not permitted for unlicensed users]

Posted Sat 11 Feb 12 @ 9:07 pm

Posted Sun 12 Feb 12 @ 9:57 am
Hi All,

I purchase a Numark N4, i understand that this is supported by VDJ. I'm still struggling to get things to work on here. I follow the Numark setup protcol. I seem to get sound when i use the advance config, when i go into headphones only i get an error message. what am i doing wrong?

Thanks
BowlingDj

Posted Tue 14 Feb 12 @ 3:52 am
Hi, I've just got a Numark Mixtrack pro and when I run virtual DJ it works for about a minute and then says Protetion error 8. Please can you help me I think it's to do with my setup

Posted Fri 17 Feb 12 @ 2:07 pm

Posted Fri 17 Feb 12 @ 3:28 pm
I have had my Mixtrack Pro for over a month now and today the left deck wont play any songs that i load on to it.
It work just fine with the free edition but dosent work on the pro, i have tried clicking the virtual play button on the software on my mac but it still dosent work and i have alos tried re-installing the software and restarting my computer.

I have not changed anything in the config since i originally set it up as it has always work just fine.

here is a video demonstration the problem:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeEVkaSACbU

Has any one else had this problem and if so how did you resolve it?

Thanks

** Please don't double post - see answers in your original thread - http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/161017/x/

Posted Sun 19 Feb 12 @ 10:04 am
Hi everyone , is there anyone here that could help me with sound config in vdj pro using Numark N4 ?
this controller dont use drivers and vdj pro recognize it when you connect it thru usb , also dont use asio like 2 deck built in usb controllers (by default) .
my problem is that i cant get the Pré on headphones from other channels before i throw the tracks to the master .
On phones i can only get what is playing in output master witch is very annoying since.
I think it may be some sound config that i couldnt get yet , so i am droping some picts . here to you all try to gess how may be possible to put this working perfectly .

let me know if anyone here can give me a tip how to solve this .
Thanks a lot for everything .
Best Regards

Posted Tue 21 Feb 12 @ 11:56 am
ignore my last post , it is working perfectly right now .
Basicly it uses the same config as a normal 2 deck controller (ex: omni control) in audio config but without asio if you do not install the n4 asio drivers , if you install the asio drivers then you dont need to touch nothing , simply plug and start the party ;)

Best for all
Pedro

Posted Tue 21 Feb 12 @ 3:33 pm
84%