Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: The current best vs The ideal (set-up)

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi there,
I want to here about what set-up you guys have, and what you think is the best available set-up on the market? (e.g cdj1000's with an X zone mixer), whether computer based or not.

and also what you would consider the ideal set-up?, whether you think your ideal set-up is avaliable or not, so any reference to future products or from your imagination would be nice to include.

Thanks for your answers, bagpuss.

Posted Mon 28 Feb 05 @ 8:34 pm
I think I have the ideal setup. Two Technic Turns, VDJ w/ TCV, and a Pioneer 707. Reason I like the Pio707 so much is because it is exactly like the 909 but without effects, but with VDJ you get effects. The feel of that mixer is GREAT also...I was deciding between the 707 and a rane 56 and I chose the 707 because of the eqs, the crossfader, and especially the sounds.

Posted Mon 28 Feb 05 @ 8:42 pm
I would love one of those 707 mixers, but I think I'll stick with my setup. I've gotten so comfortable with my XP10s, this is the ideal setup for me right now. I especially appreciate the XP10 when I am fast mixing, that is loading songs and using only a small piece of them for the mix or fast changes, like looping a drum and bass track for a couple bars for transition while I load up and punch into the next song. That looks like it would be very hard to do with TCV since you have to take your hands off the turntable. With my XP10s and a proper playlist, I never have to take my hands off the the XP10s while mixing.

My setup consists of:

Dell laptop, 3.06Ghz P4, 1GB ram, 100GB hard drive, WindowsXP Professional
Denon DNX-100 3 channel mixer
(2) XP10 Controllers
Hafler 100W Amplifier (no decent speakers currently)
Custom made XP10/Mixer/Laptop Case
Sony Headphones
Toshiba laptop, P133Mhz, 128MB ram, 20GB HD, Redhat Linux 7.3 (for recording, BPM tap counter, mp3 db searches, and BIN/CUE file mastering for CDs)
and the most important part - about 15,000 mp3s :-)

Also, this is a mobile setup.

Posted Mon 28 Feb 05 @ 9:03 pm
My Setup which I will have complete by the end of march will be 2 Numark TTX-1 turntables /w TCV with a Pioneer 909.

I don't use the VDJ effects so much since there are some with bugs and its rare that you will ever use them although since the effects are hardware related VDJ will not be taking up any ressources to perform the effects that I will use.

Yeah I would have to say that this system is an ideal system just like Technical although I'll be using a different set of turntables.

There's just one thing I don't like about the TTXs...They can feel like overkill the first few times you use them (kind of like a ferrari in a traffic jam due to all the torque)

I like the TTX for the extra features it offers over the SL1200s although all in all its not about the equipment you use but HOW you use them!

DJ White Devil

Posted Tue 01 Mar 05 @ 3:33 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)