Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: TCV Video #3 - DJ Righteous

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Posted Fri 25 Feb 05 @ 9:09 pm
Hey TechnicalDJ, we should have a mix-off like they do at guitar center where they have all those DJs from all over the world cutting it up for 5 minutes (or was it 4min?) trying to win the title of best dj. We could organize a virtual contest with 5 minute video taped entries, setup a panel of judges, some prizes and some VDJ rankings based on it. What do you think?

Posted Fri 25 Feb 05 @ 9:28 pm
That would awesome! Count me in- I have no idea how to organize somethin like that...but I will definitely do any work needed

Posted Fri 25 Feb 05 @ 10:14 pm
Cool videos all 3 of them...... thanks for sharing your research and experience.I like the headcam idea!!
Best Regards
Andre

Posted Fri 25 Feb 05 @ 11:16 pm
djejPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I second Landry. Great set of video's Technical DJ/Righteous. Great that you took the time to help the community. The headcam was cool but just the instruction and the comparison to vinyl...outstanding. I can't wait for mine to arrive. Thanks.

Hey I just noticed I received the "title"...I don't have them yet. Thanks for the title though, how about the vinyl :)

Posted Sat 26 Feb 05 @ 12:48 am
claxPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Very great job.
I noticed you created a tutorial blog with this link; great idea too.

I'm sure this video will get some newbies to us.

A lot of Dj only know FS for TCV; what a shame they don't know VDJ yet. Send your link to other people to make them discover this great product!!

Posted Sat 26 Feb 05 @ 3:49 am
djltHome userMember since 2005
Top Job DJ Righteous - Love your work.
Was wondering if you could just let lose and show us ur scratching, beatmixing and beat juggling?

Take it easy

Posted Sat 26 Feb 05 @ 6:25 pm
Thanks for all your input guys. I will do a video sometime here with me JUST mixing Skratching and juggling

Posted Sun 27 Feb 05 @ 1:06 am
Hi Tech, really good videos!!!

Pls what are the specs of your laptop!!!

Best regards
Pyrros

----------------------------------------------------

Ok I just see your other post, about yoyr settings!!!

1.8 ghz???>>>no problems??

Posted Sun 27 Feb 05 @ 8:36 pm
Yep only 1.8 but I've REALLY cleaned it up with regedit, msconfig, and registry cleaner

Posted Mon 28 Feb 05 @ 3:34 am
We could organize a virtual contest with 5 minute video taped entries, setup a panel of judges, some prizes and some VDJ rankings based on it. What do you think?

------------ It is VERY GOOD idea! You guys could make a special "CONTEST TOPIC" which would be available for a 7 days, and in that period all DJ-s who are interested, would make videos and paste links in that TOPIC, after 7 days, you will make a ranking of all videos :)

Now I have one question, i don't have a turntables, but i have all the rest, can I contest? :)

Posted Mon 28 Feb 05 @ 10:59 am
erxonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
TechnicalDJ, great thing to clear that needle drop issue up. Thanks again.

Regards.

Posted Mon 28 Feb 05 @ 11:26 am
djltHome userMember since 2005
Hey DJ Righteous,

You managed to play an mp3 and vinyl of the same track and make it sound pretty much flawless. However when I bypass VDJ with the same track the actual vinyl turntable sounds very flat, the quality has dropped dramatically.

Any tips?

Posted Mon 28 Feb 05 @ 2:23 pm
Like I said in the video... Playing normal vinyl in bypass mode can make it pretty quiet. You gotta be aware of that. Other than that....make sure all your pitch sliders are set to zero.

Posted Mon 28 Feb 05 @ 8:38 pm

Posted Tue 08 Mar 05 @ 6:57 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)