Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Visual Skin Editor - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

nscodeHome userMember since 2003
Is anyone interested in a visual skin editor, cous I'm building one :)

Posted Thu 31 Jul 03 @ 8:11 pm
visual skin editor for virtual dj?

sounds great!

when you've finished I would have a look.

Posted Fri 01 Aug 03 @ 1:47 pm
I would really enjoy seeing and using that .

Tell us more

Thomas M

Posted Sat 02 Aug 03 @ 11:44 am
I like that you like it :)

I'm at, like, 15% now, but its going fast. Its going to look something like Visual Basic (in which I'm building it) or FrontPage, but don't worry, you won'n have to write any code :)

One thing I'm thinking of makeing is a rotation wizard - you won't have to manually rotate a picture in photo editor to get the rotation anim. Just make the first frame and let DJ Skinner take care of the rest. Oh, yea, didn't I tell you that was his name :)

Posted Sat 02 Aug 03 @ 3:55 pm
So will everything inside the editor be treated as an object? If so, I was thinking... would you make it so that you could double click an object, and then a popup would come up where you could type in the object type, attributes, coords (or have the coords autopopulated), and so on?

phatty720
dave

Posted Sat 02 Aug 03 @ 5:16 pm
Its what I'm doing man! :)
Coords are autopopulataed if you are making a new skin - you just select a 16*16 bitmap and it adds it to the skin bitmap, no need to do that manually :), but you can (for existing skins editing)

Posted Sat 02 Aug 03 @ 5:49 pm
Oh, and you don't type... you select from a dropdown :-)

Posted Sat 02 Aug 03 @ 5:50 pm
hmm... sounds insteresting. I would definitely like to take a look once it's done.

phatty720
dave

Posted Sat 02 Aug 03 @ 7:17 pm

Posted Mon 04 Aug 03 @ 6:26 pm
SthaNPRO InfinityMember since 2003
i build "VDJ Skin Editor" and i use vb .... :)

Posted Thu 07 Aug 03 @ 8:07 pm
Sorry, but I didn't completly understand your post, are you building one too, sthan?

Posted Thu 07 Aug 03 @ 8:25 pm
SthaNPRO InfinityMember since 2003
yes

Posted Thu 07 Aug 03 @ 10:54 pm
Cool, some copmetition :)

Or... would you like to team up?
I really want to finish this as soon as posibile, so I can go back to my normal projects, but I do want to finish it. How much is your program finished?

You can get me at --@--.--

--
Moderated by Lady Cameron
Sorry nscode no email address is allowed from a demo user

Posted Fri 08 Aug 03 @ 8:48 am
Come on, Lady Cameron, I know you are a bot, but be flexibile. I don't want plugings, I am developing a program that would help the company.

So, as you see, I can't give you my e-mail, we will have to talk here, or you can give me yours.

I am so angry that as soon as I get full version I think I will MIME encode it and post it in General forum. :) (Just a joke, please don't disable my account :)

Posted Fri 08 Aug 03 @ 8:55 am
Sorry, I thought I've posted this, but it seems I didnt....

My HDD got formated by a virus(?) and the work I've done on VSE was lost. I'm doing it all over again, but now I don't have so much free time cause my school just started :( and I have some higher priority projects.

But it will be done! I've made a promise and I stick to it.
(When, however, we will see. Proly about at the same time we land on Mars... :) But I hear it's now closer than ever, so there's hope! :))

Posted Fri 29 Aug 03 @ 5:01 pm
Oh, and please don't tell me I should have made a backup... that is so painful :)

Posted Fri 29 Aug 03 @ 5:02 pm
hey why didnt you back it up????? lol :P
bad luck but keep going ;)

Posted Fri 29 Aug 03 @ 7:03 pm
That totally takes the piss, its the bots fault, if it didnt withhelp the email address for the program your making the other guy would of been on it as well..

Posted Fri 05 Sep 03 @ 10:57 pm
She is not a bot... she is Atomix Productios secretary! :)

Posted Sat 06 Sep 03 @ 7:24 am
Yes thats true

Posted Sat 06 Sep 03 @ 12:10 pm
59%