Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Hard Drives

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi Guys.

I have 2 External Hard Drives a 500GB & 1TB. Can you have both of them in virtual DJ. The reason I ask is when searching for Perticular tracks it brings up Multiple songs of the same title. Is there a setting or something can be added so thatVirtual DJ sees 2 Drives and create 1 Database for each One.

I hope that this makes sense.

Regards

Posted Mon 01 Dec 08 @ 2:20 pm
does anyone know the answer to this?

Posted Tue 02 Dec 08 @ 2:06 am
Bump

Posted Tue 02 Dec 08 @ 8:45 am
DJ-ALFPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2005
You can use both drivers, and VDJ will make two different databases on each drive. But I don't know how to make search just on one, maybe if you enter drive in browser and do a search? It shouldn't show tracks from the other, but I might be wrong.

Posted Tue 02 Dec 08 @ 10:03 am
jimmy bPRO InfinityMember since 2007
As Alf has said, VirtualDJ creates a database on the drive the files are kept on. So if you use 2 drives it will create a database on each of them drives.

DJ-ALF wrote :
But I don't know how to make search just on one, maybe if you enter drive in browser and do a search? It shouldn't show tracks from the other, but I might be wrong.

One of the search options, is to search by "Drive" wonder if that may help you

Posted Tue 02 Dec 08 @ 11:06 am
yes maybe if you just open each drive seperate in your browser.also do you find it better using an external drive or use in drive in your machine for music ect does it make any difference

Posted Tue 02 Dec 08 @ 3:06 pm
well i prefer the external hard drives as my Laptop only has a 80Gig Hard drive and i have more music than that :) On my 500Gig hard drive i Have only Flac files and my 1tb has mp3's. I could copy over the flac files and delete the mp3's but that is going to take some time :(

Posted Tue 02 Dec 08 @ 3:16 pm
so it is your preference.is there any quality diff.i do karaoke also so if i use my external drive that has both my mp3s and cdgs will it work the same speed ect as my inner driv for searching ect.also what are flac files

Posted Tue 02 Dec 08 @ 3:29 pm
Hi Flac is this? A free, open source codec for lossless audio compression and decompression.

Posted Wed 03 Dec 08 @ 11:04 am
mike still dutch to a non pc wizard like me lol.

Posted Wed 03 Dec 08 @ 11:56 am
Hi djstaffy

Flac is a new format. If you ggogle it you can get the information about it. When you rip a CD to Mp3 you will sacrifice quality exapmple the maximum bitrate of an MP3 file is 320KB now when you rip to Flac format you don't lose any quality and is smaller than Wav files. Hope this helps you

Posted Wed 03 Dec 08 @ 2:31 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)