Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: iWall SMS Integration - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

fran.ccHome userMember since 2009
@Joop3m

You can do that editing the layout files at c:\iWall 2.8\freeframe\layouts for the freeframe plugins or editing the flash skins in the iWall SDK using Adobe Flash CS4 if you are going to use iWall standalone.

The iWall SDK for flash skins is available to download at the same page that the iWall installer http://www.iwall.com.ar/download.en.html

Beware that the limits of iWall 2.7 demo are still present in iWall 2.8 Lite, but now they are a bit more permissive allowing up to 30 messages per session instead of the 10 messages per session in iWall 2.7. More detailed explanation on this will appear on the website when iWall 2.8 final is released.

Fran

Posted Wed 03 Feb 10 @ 11:24 am
Joop3mPRO InfinityMember since 2007
fran.cc wrote :

Beware that the limits of iWall 2.7 demo are still present in iWall 2.8 Lite, but now they are a bit more permissive allowing up to 30 messages per session instead of the 10 messages per session in iWall 2.7.

ehhhr... that means with an audience of approx 450 i'll have to restart about every ten seconds :-(....

sorry but I think I'll pass for this live test then..

greetz
Joop

Posted Wed 03 Feb 10 @ 12:36 pm
@Joop3m

It will depend on the text-to-screen popularity at your target audience :)

The idea behind iWall Lite is to allow people organizing small events to use it for free, because for using it with such small groups of people most times buying the Pro version is out of budget. iWall Lite also does not have an expiration date, so you can use it as long as you want.

Here in Argentina at an event of 450 people you can expect about 80 to 100 messages per hour, but i don't know about the metrics at other countries.

Francisco

Posted Wed 03 Feb 10 @ 1:44 pm
Joop3mPRO InfinityMember since 2007
you're right.....

I think i can manage that.... We're just gonna try it for one night ;-)

thanks Fran!

Posted Wed 03 Feb 10 @ 1:59 pm
@ruud

"...cpu around 77%", What system spec's are you running ?

Scroll Text plugin in VDJ runs the cpu pretty high. as picture i was running (Scroll Text, The Video, Logo & iwall at the same time)

DJ T-ROY

Posted Wed 03 Feb 10 @ 9:09 pm
iWall 2.8 final release is ready!

To all of you using the beta versions of iWall 2.8 I want to notify you that the final release was launched yesterday, you can get it from the website http://www.iwall.com.ar

Major changes in this release are:

* New feature for anonymous private messages that can be used at singles parties.

* Standard Flash skins now include support for Unicode, can play H.264 encoded videos, and maintain their text aspect ratio when re-sized to wide screens.

* FreeFrame plugins now support vertical text scroll, PNG backgrounds with alpha mask, polls, announcements, and use less CPU than previous release.

* Flash plugins now support announcements and media playing.

* Poll and Groups messages now do not appear on the projection screen.

* Support for names was not used very often, so it was replaced with the new aliases used by the private messages feature.

* iWall Demo version was replaced with iWall Lite version, that allow up to 30 messages per session.

* Flash Player 9 used to play SWF skins was replaced with the latest Flash Player 10 from Adobe.

If you are already using the latest beta dated 2010-02-01 there is no need to upgrade as it is the same that the final release (Look at the Help tab inside iWall for the version release date).

Also if you intend to use it standalone on Windows XP, please make sure to check this http://getsatisfaction.com/iwall/topics/flash_player_10_screen_freezes_under_windows_xp_in_fullscreen

Thanks to all VDJ users here for their feedback on the betas, that helped a lot to make it work reliably with Virtual DJ.

Fran

PD: FreeFrame issues on VDJ are still unresolved and I didn't get any word from VDJ developers on this issue. For those interested, I filed a ticket on VDJ support system (# 112906) on Monday 18 January reporting the bugs in freeframe support and still I didn't get any reply to it.

Posted Fri 05 Feb 10 @ 8:50 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
fran.cc wrote :
PD: FreeFrame issues on VDJ are still unresolved and I didn't get any word from VDJ developers on this issue. For those interested, I filed a ticket on VDJ support system (# 112906) on Monday 18 January reporting the bugs in freeframe support and still I didn't get any reply to it.

We are looking into it but we can't promise you it will be added in the next version.

Posted Sun 07 Feb 10 @ 4:57 pm
@djcel

Thanks! If you need any help with that, just let me know :)

Fran

Posted Mon 08 Feb 10 @ 7:49 am

Posted Mon 08 Feb 10 @ 9:00 am
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Nicely done Fran

Good Luck to you..

Joey....

Posted Mon 08 Feb 10 @ 10:24 am
People looking for a reliable GSM modem for using with iWall can be interested in this offer I found in Ebay today:

New Sony MD300 GSM 3G/3.5G HSDPA UMTS USB Aircard Modem
Ready to activate with any GSM/GPRS/EDGE Provider
US $89.99

http://bit.ly/9nHzyr

I don't personally own one of those MD300, but I got very good comments about iWall users that own that model.

Fran

Posted Mon 15 Feb 10 @ 5:21 pm
Fran,

Version 2.8 works perfect for me.

I use the Horizontal IWALL VDJ plugin, Scrolling Text (SBDJ), show logo (DJCEL), ClipBank (sclavel) and Random Clipbank (SBDJ) and my CPU usuage is beltween 20 - 30%, except when VDJ is loading a Video File and creaties the waveform into the second deck as you would expect.

I used the latency checker and isolated the wifi device as it was giving latency issues, and I used DEVCON controlled by a couple of simple scripts I wrote to switch on or switch off the device as required, and now the laptop runs a lovely shade of green on the latency checker.

I am running an Acer 5902G with 4GB Ram.

I also use bluetooth (Native Windows 7) for picture messaging.

My customers love it and we have great fun with IWALL.

Thanks Fran.

Posted Tue 16 Feb 10 @ 2:51 pm
djcel wrote :
fran.cc wrote :

We are looking into it but we can't promise you it will be added in the next version.

It's now fixed in 6.0.7

Posted Sun 07 Mar 10 @ 7:46 am
djcel wrote :
fran.cc wrote :

It's now fixed in 6.0.7

That are really good news! :)

I checked the the download page minutes ago and only the 6.0.6 release was available, the 6.0.7 was not published yet?

Posted Sun 07 Mar 10 @ 9:39 am
The trial version should be available this week, time for Cnet & Apple to validate the files but the Pro and Basic versions are available.

Posted Sun 07 Mar 10 @ 10:27 am
johansPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi Fran,

Version 2.8 works fine in VDJ and since the 6.07 update of VDJ, i can use all parameters.
Just one small question.
As I don't use the autodisplay method (like to see what's being send before it goes to the screen) would it be possible to have a plug-in that I can view en send the message directly from VDJ. (kiind of message preview in VDJ with send to screen option)
Now I have to switch always between the 2 programs.

Thanks

Johans

Posted Mon 15 Mar 10 @ 6:38 am
The FreeFrame plugin architecture does not provide enough flexibility to implement such GUI inside the plugins, but I will try to find a way to signal that there are pending messages in iWall so you don't need to switch windows all the time just to check that.

Fran

Posted Mon 15 Mar 10 @ 4:59 pm
johansPRO InfinityMember since 2005
OK

Thanks Fran for the reply and trying to provide a solution.

Johan

Posted Mon 22 Mar 10 @ 6:34 am
Hi All,

can I just say that this plugin in conjunction with the iwall system is very stable.
I have been using this for over a year now and my customers love it.

I hope freeframe support is retained and enhanced in VDJ8
as it would be a shame to loose this gem of a programme.

Thank you.

Posted Tue 29 Nov 11 @ 1:36 pm
You can also use the iWall FlashEngine.swf in Essential Media and get better performance. You will also have the ability to resize and reposition it in EM.

You have to use the FlashEngine.swf from the 3.2 iWall release as the FlashEngine.swf that came with 3.0 had a problem and EM wouldn't let it pass.

fran, there is still a problem in EM because you are using device fonts. EM draws swf files transparently and the combination of flash/GDI when using device fonts and transparency causes the text to be always transparent/black no matter what. I reported this way back to Adobe and I just don't think they are inclined to fix it but they know about it. I think they think that you should be using embeded fonts. Embeded fonts don't have the problem because GDI is not used to render the fonts. GDI always sets the alpha channel to zero and adobe provides no internal work around.

I can fix it on my end by allowing a non-transparent option in Essential Media on a per file basis and this I will do. Note that drawing SWF's transparently works fine for your SWF, just not for the device fonts. I use both device fonts and embedded fonts in my SWF files... just depends on what I am doing for a particular swf. Both methods have value.

You can fix it on your end in 2 ways:

1) probably the best way is to use an embedded font because it will be more efficient then the 2nd way and also will scale perfectly. device fonts don't scale as well.

2) set the cacheAsBitmap property in your parent movie or sprite to true. This fixes the font issue because it changes the rendering path and this is what adobe suggested but I suggested they fix it :) Setting the cacheAsBitmap property to true may slow things down somewhat in your case. You just have to try and see. It's the quickest fix though.

If you eventually allow some items in your SWF display to be transparent (which maybe you do already) so it can be used as an overlay in VDJ. EM will reproduce the transparency perfectly, but then the issue with device fonts will have to be fixed on your end.

Posted Wed 30 Nov 11 @ 10:58 pm
46%