- PLAY. Plays / Pauses the track. Press and hold Shift and then press this button to "stutter-play" the track from the last set Cue Point.
- CUE. When the Deck is paused, you can set a temporary Cue Point by moving the Platter to place the Audio Pointer at the desired location and then pressing the Cue Button. During playback, you can press the Cue Button to return the track to this Cue Point. (If you did not set a Cue Point, then it will return to the beginning of the track.). If the Deck is paused, you can press and hold the Cue Button to play the track from the Temporary Cue Point. Releasing the Cue Button will return the track to the temporary Cue Point and pause it. To continue playback without returning to the Temporary Cue Point, press and hold the Cue Button, then press and hold the Play Button, and then release both buttons.
Press and hold Shift and then press this button to return to the beginning of the track.
- SYNC. Press this button to automatically match the corresponding Deck's tempo with the opposite Deck's (or the Master Deck’s if using a 4 decks Skin) tempo and phase. Press and hold Shift and press this button to set this deck as Master Deck (for 4 decks skins).
- SHIFT. Press and hold this button to access secondary functions (in white box) of other controls on the DDJ-SZ
- DECK SELECT. Switch Left decks (1 and 3) and Right Decks (2 and 4).
ADJUST. Press and hold this button and then move the JOGWHEEL to adjust the width of the CGB of the track (equal to adjust the BPM of the track). If SHIFT is held press this button to set the current position of the track as the First Beat.
SLIDE. Press and hole this button and then move the JOGWHEEL to shift the position of the CGB of the track
- CENSOR. Press and hold this button to play the track backwards. On release the track will continue from the position it would have been if the button was never pressed. If SHIFT is held down, press this button (momentarily) to play the track backwards. Press again to play forward again.
- SLIP. Enables Slip Mode. Several software functions (such as Jogwheel movements, HotCues and Loops) will apply temporary on the track, and the track will return to the position it would have been when those functions are not triggered. If SHIFT is held, press this button to toggle between the Scratch and Bend Jogwheel modes.
- STRIP SEARCH. The length of this strip represents the length of the entire track. Place your finger on a point along this sensor to jump to that point in the track (song position).
Knob: Scrolls through files or folders.
Push. Load the selected track to the deck
- BACK. Sets focus to the Folders list. If focus is on the Folders list, it opens-closes subfolders.
VIEW. If SHIFT is held, it cycles though the available Sideview lists (Automix, Sidelist, Karaoke, Sampler and Clone).
LOAD PREPARE. Adds the selected track from the Songs List to the Automix List.
AREA. If SHIFT is held, press this button to cycle focus through the available Browser windows (Folders, Songs, SideView).
- STOP TIME. Adjust the time that the track will take to stop completely when paused.
- KEYLOCK. Press this button to "lock" the track's pitch to its original key. The track's tempo will remain at the speed designated by the Pitch Fader. Press and hold the button for more than 1 second to smoothly reset the Pitch of the track to zero (original tempo). Hold SHIFT and then press this button to cycle through the available pitch ranges.
- JOGWHEEL. Touch sensitive platter for scratching (vinyl mode), bending (CD Mode) or Grid adjust. The white inner leds will rotate according to the software jogwheel position. The outer white/blue leds will start blinking if the track reaches 30 seconds before end. The inner Red ring indicates the track’s progress and the loop position bar if a Loop is active.
- PITCH. Controls the track's playback tempo. The Up and Down Arrow LEDs will flash if the pitch position of the unit and the actual pitch of the software do not match. While those flash, the pitch slider of the DDJ-SZ will not control the pitch of the deck until it meets the software value (soft take-over).
- AUTOLOOP Sets an Auto Loop. Hold SHIFT and press the same button to activate a Saved Loop.
- HALF/DOUBLE. Halves/Doubles the size of the Loop. Hold SHIFT and press the 1/2X or 2X buttons to move the triggered loop forward or backwards (step is relative to the length of the loop)
- IN/OUT. Use these buttons to set a Loop In and a Loop Out point (for manual looping). Hold SHIFT and press the
- PARAMETER. Offer various operations, depending on the PADs Mode (see PADS)
- PADS. Offer various operations, depending on the PADs Mode (see PADS)