Forum: Music discussion
Topic: Club Mixing - Page: 21
djme wrote :
what about people comming up to u and askin you to put them a song...isn't this very annoyin and especially when this person asks u 2 put him a song that cannot be played at thiscertain time...
after thirty years in this racket requests are a double edged sword since I am PRIMARILY a club jock I noticed recently is a sign or signs near "my Office" (DJ booth) stating NO REQUESTS. not sure if this is the same elsewhere but helps we are the entertainers, the musical adventurists, the social director for neighborhood nitwits. We should know our profession inside and out but cant hurt talking to customers and if they HAPPEN to request a song try to fit it in it certainly has helped attendandce on MY nights
Posted Wed 25 Dec 13 @ 8:02 pm
Posted Sat 01 Mar 14 @ 11:18 pm
Posted Fri 18 Jul 14 @ 2:23 pm
Posted Wed 10 Sep 14 @ 1:10 am
Posted Wed 31 Dec 14 @ 11:56 pm
Posted Fri 13 Mar 15 @ 7:37 am
Posted Fri 13 Mar 15 @ 7:41 am
Posted Thu 16 Jul 15 @ 2:36 pm
thank you Double O, this is exactly the kind of information i needed.
I will have my first Club gig soon, and I've been little uncertain about how to act there, but this gave me some real good information.
Posted Thu 22 Oct 15 @ 12:30 pm
1) I make sure i know the setup of the club as far as if they got the own sound system,mixer,and where i will be positioned.
2) I identify the crowd that i am catering to for example is its a older crowd or younger crowd.
3) If Somebody is promoting the club i ask them what type of style of music they prefer because two heads are always better then one.
4) I use which ever playlist i feel is the most appropriate and start with the main 5 song that i feel are the most supreme
5) I make sure that not only the crowd have a good time but i have a awesome time along with them
We provide dj equipment rental to individuals and professionals with various packages for reasonable prices at External link removed
Moderator: Unlicensed users (No license user) who have not purchased a VirtualDJ license, cannot post E-mail addresses, personal website addresses, MSN or any other contact information. Please follow the forum rules.
Posted Wed 06 Jul 16 @ 4:23 pm
that's real nice but there is already a thread dedicated to these kinds of posts here -> http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/1968/Music_discussion/VirtualDJ_users_personal_mixes.html
Posted Sun 16 Apr 17 @ 11:27 am
Posted Tue 22 Aug 17 @ 1:03 am