Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: SMS on Screen - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

tayla wrote :
most systems you have the choice to send it straight to screen or vett it first then manually send it or automatically run it through a filter system where you have put all the rude words under the sun and that blocks those words going to screen,

Now that sounds like it is MORE work than my post above. And you also have, ppl that send 100's of texts an hour just by hobby, 15 or 20 of these in a bar sending you 2 or 3 a night is a LOT of reading, editing, and retyping...Sheesh!

Posted Mon 03 Aug 09 @ 5:04 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
no bryan you got the whole idea of how it works wrong, best to check out a working system if you can, once you have a system set up the way you want it is automatic no work at all involved really.

Posted Mon 03 Aug 09 @ 6:51 pm
if you want to try one out give me a shout.

Posted Mon 03 Aug 09 @ 6:52 pm
lemme try one tayla.
Whatcha got?

Posted Mon 03 Aug 09 @ 10:20 pm
sent you a pm..

Posted Tue 04 Aug 09 @ 10:24 am
tayla wrote :
sent you a pm..

It talks about the use of motorola, aren't there many more brands of cellphones than just Motorola. it would be kind of distracting to have to explain to everyone that doesn't have that brand that they cannot connect, while a few lucky ones can?

Haven't actually tried the program yet, neither i or my wife has motorola.

Posted Wed 05 Aug 09 @ 3:11 pm
will accept other phones it's just Firetext recommends motorola, have other brands working just need a bit tweeking sometimes, what brand you using.

Posted Wed 05 Aug 09 @ 3:33 pm
an LG Banter

Posted Sun 09 Aug 09 @ 4:43 pm
...Using US Cellular as the carrier. I wonder if all this qualifies as a motorola GSM based cell-phone as the specs require?

Any ideas?

Posted Mon 10 Aug 09 @ 12:59 pm
Rhemy-DPRO InfinityMember since 2008
How popular is this feature in the states and UK? In Aust i havn't seen it used at all in the high end nightclubs however, would be keen to start implementing new popular features for promo :D

Posted Wed 26 Aug 09 @ 5:39 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
It's used a lot in the UK in commercial club and bar venues...

Posted Wed 26 Aug 09 @ 5:52 pm
bryantpb wrote :
...Using US Cellular as the carrier. I wonder if all this qualifies as a motorola GSM based cell-phone as the specs require?

Any ideas?

I found out it doesn't. :(

Posted Thu 27 Aug 09 @ 1:45 am
hi bryan, we have just completed an update to our compatible hardware requirements, as well as mobile phones there are now usb phone dongles on the list... hope it helps.

Posted Thu 27 Aug 09 @ 4:50 am
Yup and it works. I use a Samsung Eternity with no issues. Firetext is GREAT!!! Last Sat I had over 1100 messages from 10pm til 2am.

Posted Fri 28 Aug 09 @ 1:46 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
1100?? As in ELEVEN HUNDRED? WOW!!! That's awesome Brian.....great job Tayla....

Posted Fri 28 Aug 09 @ 1:59 pm
cheers terry, and apparently that was his quiet night!!! lol, correct me if i'm wrong brian but your top texts to screen has been nearer 1700 if i can remember rightly, mind the way i've been sleeping lately i be wrong again.... lol

Posted Fri 28 Aug 09 @ 5:19 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
It does have my mind working. (insert smart a**ed comment here) Texting the bride and groom well wishes and playing them on a video screen.....I can see that being a hit....

Posted Fri 28 Aug 09 @ 6:11 pm
on msn for a while...

Posted Fri 28 Aug 09 @ 6:24 pm
It wasnt that many people, it was message count. But man it is awesome!!!

Posted Sun 30 Aug 09 @ 12:21 am
npappyPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Will SMS plugin be ready soon?

Thxs :)

Posted Mon 31 Aug 09 @ 11:59 pm
85%