Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VCI-300 and Virtual DJ [Midi mapper now available] - Page: 7

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

cioce wrote :
JIMMAKOSDJ
I think you know skins, effects and other add-ons are only available to registered licensed users of VirtualDJ.

Is this clear or not?

You really like banning people eh ?

Oh how powerfull you are !

All the guys in forums when they are admins - they have magical powers !

Hahahahaha

Posted Mon 16 Feb 09 @ 8:06 am
JIMMAKOSDJ
I think you know skins, effects and other add-ons are only available to registered licensed users of VirtualDJ.

Is this clear or not?

ITS NOT CLEAR BLUE ! LOL

Posted Mon 16 Feb 09 @ 8:07 am
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
giannoulopoulos wrote :
cioce wrote :
JIMMAKOSDJ

Is this clear or not?

You really like banning people eh ?

Oh how powerfull you are !

All the guys in forums when they are admins - they have magical powers !

Hahahahaha

I think you need to take a deep breath my friend. Cstol's comments were not directed at you, neither were Cioce's . Both of these gentlemen were responding to JIMMAKOSDJ. Please refrain from becoming further involved in said discussion and allow them to deal with this uncomfortable situation.

Posted Mon 16 Feb 09 @ 8:12 am
Thank you Mr TearEmUp for your guidance.
Regards

Posted Mon 16 Feb 09 @ 8:29 am
giannoulopoulos wrote :
cstoll wrote :
Well Nick --

It's not our problem that you purchased a hardware component that is only supported 'currently' by 1 DJ software.

You personally believe that virtualdj is not the 1 DJ software ???

Maybe I was not clear -- the VCI-300 released with 1 software in mind and that is the Serato ITCH software. All other software vendors would have to provide support on their own. In order to use it with Traktor, you must MODIFY the controller's firmware and add a MOD to it - which IS NOT VESTEX approved nor provided by them -- which makes their claim of "Working with other software" INCORRECT on their part. With VirtualDJ, as you have already found out by Jim's work; supports the controller with receiving the commands from the controller then performing actions assigned to those commands.

So 'YES' VirtualDJ is not the 1 software that Vestax built the software for - they collaborated with Rane/Serato - NOT US.

giannoulopoulos wrote :
cstoll wrote :

The other supported software is only through a MOD to the controller. And at least with VirtualDJ you can support the controller at a about 90% with MIDI.

And since you say you are a LONG TIME user -- then you already should have known that MIDI is a ONE way capability in VirtualDJ. Meaning you can send information to VirtualDJ and VirtualDJ does not send information back to the device --- HENCE lights will not work.

I am not a programmer and i dont know how midi works . My friends help me in this ,i didnt do anything myself.
How do you expect a DJ to know midi configurations in your software ?

Because we make it as simple as "Press Button" or "Move Slider/Fader/Jog" and then assign an action to perform. We provide documentation that explains this. How many Mixers/Effects Processors/CD Players have you needed to 'read the documentation' to understand how the hardware works. Its the same for software and I would expect a PRO to know how to use their tools they have selected to do their job.

giannoulopoulos wrote :
cstoll wrote :

As to your 'DEMAND' -- you shouldn't have someone that doesn't own a license doing all your dirty work for you. If you were to read the post in the General Forum (which is only available to licensed users) you would have an answer to your questions.

Its not a dirty work.Someone should make the start.Its not my fault your software doesnt work with VCI-300.
And did you know that the dealer of vci-300 said when i bought it ? I asked him,will it work with virtual dj - he said "YES of course".
ADMIT that jimmakosdj was the first one to make this controller work with your software.It wasnt a dirty work.It work excellent.
And nobody helped him !!!

You are right it's not 'dirty' work - it was good work. And others had made a start - the problem was that because he is not a licensed user he (like all forum users that don't have a license) do not have access to the work. And I believe the support he did get were for licensed users that have the controller.

As for the Vestax dealer that lied to you - maybe you should go complain to him for telling you the lie. I personally told you that it would not work out of the box. That VirtualDJ could work with it using the MIDI to receive the commands and that the lights would not work - or do you forget that info?

giannoulopoulos wrote :
cstoll wrote :

You can yourself a PRO and yet you and Jim have pounded our forums in a very disrespectful and very NON-Professional way. Our community is here to help users provided they stay within some basic guidelines. Guidelines that Jim has failed to accept. So you can be upset and make your demands -- it doesn't change the fact that if you really could find another software that supports the VCI-300 and does what you want it to do - you would have left a long time ago.

I dont believe my friend jim and i ,pounded your precious forums ! I was seeking for the truth.Is there really truth outhere ???
So that means that your software will take loooooooooooong time to make an update and that i should already be working
with another software .Right ? Ok i am gone. Thanks for your co-operation. Thanks for your precious support and guidance.
I seems you didnt understand that i am doing that for living.Its not a joke.Its not funny.Its not a GAME.But as you said so....
i should have been working with another software already...

Constantly 'disrespecting' our forum's way of conduct and opening multiple threads on the same topic in order to bypass our rules is - pounding. A long time for an update is relative - in your case and others - long is based on when you want something and then expect it. I guess other DJ software companies that announce a NEW update in one month then deliver it another year later is not long to you -- but then again -- it's all relative isn't it.

As for your choice - you have the choice -- if the CD Player you just bought doesn't do what you thought it would do - you would just get rid of it and buy another correct - again your choice. However, if you can't find another that has all the other things you need then I guess you would be in a hard decision on get rid of it. Again still your choice.

And I never laughed, made a joke, or treated this as a game. You work as a DJ - I work as a DJ. I research and choose tools to do my job that I know will work the minute I put them into my bag. You chose not to do the same.

giannoulopoulos wrote :
cstoll wrote :

So, real simple --- Enjoy the Software, Development continues, No you will not be told what is and is not in the next version, and no we will not give a date on when the release will occur. And lastly, respect our forum guidelines and thing would be much better.

I havent bought your software only to enjoy it.I bought it for my job.So i see... development continues ...and finally after 10 years
WE MIGHT HAVE AN UPDATE.... So only god knows when it will come. THATS THE ONLY THINKG THAT LEFT TO BE TRUE .

Regards to you and your precious and remarkable development team.
Keep up the sooooooo good work.

Bye now and forever - enjoy yourself your software - it will be sure in 1st place after 10 years.
Nick

Funny - finally after 10 years an update!!! Again -- thanks for proving my point on relativity.

Posted Mon 16 Feb 09 @ 9:00 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
My opinion outside of this pissing match would be this.

When I bought my software, I did so based on the design and limitations on the day I paid for it.
I do not feel like Atomix owes me anything beyond that and it was version 1.something.

To have updates that are free is a gift, not an obligation, as I bought my software based on the version and design in 2003.

As it stands right now, IF Version 5.2.1 was the last version I would still be satisfied that I got more than my money's worth and I won't tell you what I paid for VDJ back them,
But, when I think of all that was given to me since then, I't would seem ungratefull of me to beg and complain about what, when or fight about the next release.

It would seem that the OTS ETADPU policy may have to be imposed if these threads continue to surface.
BTW, the policy was that updates (spelled backwards because the word "update" was on the block list) were not discussed or posted in the forum, or they got deleted.

We have forums for future development and fixes for you guys to express yourselves, and naturally there priorities to what gets the immediate attention for release. But, the near constant nagging in thread after thread has to stop.
It would be a shame to force moderation for such a silly thing, but think about the lack of options from this side.

Posted Mon 16 Feb 09 @ 10:03 am
i just want to chime in as a user of vdj and serato itch. i love itch and my vci-300. so i have no stock in defending vdj on this matter. but personally there is a productive level of maturaty that has been lost in this conversation. Thanks for your help with the mapper. but honestly you attitude reflects unproffisionalism. so that is the reason all the static is directed. your mapper was officially uploaded which i think is rare for a non license user. but you insit on complaining. then you threaten to pack up your toys and run. after all the time you spent who are you hurting?

Posted Mon 16 Feb 09 @ 10:15 am
mp3jrick wrote :

It would be a shame to force moderation for such a silly thing, but think about the lack of options from this side.

i agree with everything but this

your forum has more sexually related post than iquiries about updates. and so what is people ask you dont have to answer

Posted Mon 16 Feb 09 @ 11:04 am
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Exactly...there is no answer, we don't have options except to moderate unless users get the message.
Beta testing hasn't even started yet.
So to spend the next several months answering these posts one after the other is pointless.

All I was saying was that these discussions are banned on other sofware forums, we don't want that to happen here.

Atomix is also concerned with some of the content specifically non dj related topics that look more like personal daily blogs and sexual referrences etc..., but again that requires moderation which we avoid and ask politely instead.

Posted Mon 16 Feb 09 @ 11:24 am
yk23PRO InfinityMember since 2006
SirkitBreaker- Since you sound like to me- a good turntablest, in your opinion do the jogs work correctly(just like Itch) with this XML file? Other ppl's "all the buttons work great" will not work for me as I have seen in other posts. -David

Posted Mon 16 Feb 09 @ 1:35 pm
no no and no the jogs dont work well enough for even general party rocking cutting ect. as i posted before it is good effort to make the file but as far as using the vci-300 with vdj it is not practicle.

the race now is native support from vdj
or a sampler ect in itch

Posted Mon 16 Feb 09 @ 3:26 pm
I want to say something.

Can anyone reliable here say to me
if a possible beta version is being prepered ?

Is this a more good looking question ?

I think i have the right to know if something
is being cooked .

I never asked when it will be ready or
date of release.

Please forgive JIMMAKOSDJ for his way of speaking
things. Its just the way he reacts. He only wants to
help.Me and everybody else.

Dont tell me people that i made him make any kind of
dirty work for me.Because i DID NOT !

I only told him, "can you find a solution about my controller ?"
"can you talk to people inside the forum ?"

Thats all i asked.

Perhaps from my side what i must do to make my life easier
until something new appears from Atomix, is to move to another
dj-software.Thats all.

Untill then ,see you someday in the future.

Thank you all people in here for your ...help.

Bye

Posted Tue 17 Feb 09 @ 2:36 pm
Greetings humans !

I only have to say something to all the group of
Atomix.

I am so proud i could make a good working XML file
for controller vci-300.

I am still so proud that Admins of this forum let me
upload my XML ,even i am not a licenced user
(i have bought the software but for my own
reasons i dont declare my S/N) .

I am also proud that Admins of this forum let me
upload my other XML file about the greek language
translation i successfully made .

I apologize for my way of reacting in this subject
about controller vci-300 ,but i wanted so much to
help my relative, GIANNOULOPOULOS.

So i have to admit ,that Atomix ,still perhaps
hasnt started a creation of beta version of vdj.
I guess they have their own reasons.

So i guess ,we have to find other dj-software
that works better with this controller for now.

Me personally own, hc-4500 which works perfect
with the mod of JPBOGGIS (so thankfull), so i personally
dont have a complain about virtual-dj.

I am sorry for this mess .

Jim

Posted Tue 17 Feb 09 @ 2:54 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
If we have started a BETA version that would not be disclosed.

And if there is a BETA session going on that would not be disclosed either.

We have a very tight policy about BETA testing. And unfortunately you have been asking for something that you will not be able to get.

I have told you that Development continues. WE are always working on 'What's Next?'.

And as I explained if you read this post you will understand the WHY we don't announce our development schedule or plans ...

http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/104648/General_Discussion/Update_and_New_Release___.html (Licensed Users)

Posted Tue 17 Feb 09 @ 3:04 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
JIMMAKOSDJ wrote :
I am still so proud that Admins of this forum let me upload my XML ,even i am not a licenced user (i have bought the software but for my own reasons i dont declare my S/N) .

And what are you afraid of? You would have not created the problems that you have if you would register you serial?

And if you want to explain offline then send me an email --- my forum name @ virtualdj.com

Posted Tue 17 Feb 09 @ 3:06 pm
hello JIMMAKOSDJ,

Could I please get the XML of you... Serato makes me going crazy! ;-)

The Beat match doesn't work actually.

Posted Sun 22 Mar 09 @ 2:13 pm
You can get it from the download section i guess.
Else give me your email i will send it to you.

Jim

Posted Mon 23 Mar 09 @ 4:07 am
is version 1.2 the latest? if so the jog wheels act really screwy.

Posted Mon 23 Mar 09 @ 10:46 am
Can some one send me the 1.2 xml files please? xxxx@hotmail.com

"No license user" can't write personal Email, Msn, Skype, MySpace, Phone number and any other personal contact details in the forum.

Posted Mon 23 Mar 09 @ 9:36 pm
"""""NO LICENCE USER""""" kiss my ass !

I will open my own website and i invite all "no licence users"
to come and download all plugins for vdj.

Posted Tue 24 Mar 09 @ 4:20 am
99%