Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Video Codec not found - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i got it working good enought to remix a killer mix and place it on youtube to get a warning saying that I dont have the right to release it under copyright law. I got it direct so my quality must be half good. the secret was the clear the regestry using the reg cleaning then change the codec to the dvx then reopen the virtual dj , make sure you have a copy of the program since the registry cleans out everything . totally messed me up but after reloading and then installing it again , placeing in a original serialnumber im good to go..

Posted Sat 06 Dec 08 @ 7:39 pm
Speedy53PRO InfinityStaffMember since 2008
Does anybody experimented exponencial delays between audio and video, and video freezes in video sets recorded with Virtualdj?
Whatever the Codec I'm using, the delay and freezes remains.
The audio and video output keeps normal during the set.
Any sugestion?

Posted Sat 06 Dec 08 @ 7:45 pm
Thank you! i'll keep onm using Fraps!

Posted Wed 17 Dec 08 @ 12:31 am
CAN YALL PLZ HELP ME HOW TO RECORD MIX VIDEOS KEEP SAYIN RECORD ERROR?

Posted Fri 06 Feb 09 @ 2:01 pm
i recorded my first mix yesterday and it was flawless! Got a video codec from divx.com (i think!) used the registry tool to select it and recorded the mix....then afterwards converted it to mpeg2 (using Any Video Converter) then burnt it on dvd! U gotta love VDJ!

Posted Mon 09 Feb 09 @ 10:22 am
You could try leaving the section blank and it will record to an AVI file ***Beware*** this file will be humungous.

Posted Sun 03 May 09 @ 5:59 am

Posted Sun 03 May 09 @ 7:35 am
HUDDIEHome userMember since 2009
I tried to record my video mix, but I received an error that said "Video Codec not found" I have Windows XP and VDJ 6.0.1 pro.
How can i fix this?

Posted Tue 01 Sep 09 @ 5:06 am

Posted Tue 01 Sep 09 @ 7:33 am
HI FOR THOSE OF YOU TRYING TO RECORD VIDEO MIX .JUST DOWNLOAD THE DIVX CODEC AND ON YOUR SETTINGS ON WHAT CODEC TO USE TYPE IN DIVX.
AND IT WILL RECORD FINE .I GUESS THERE STILL TRYING TO FIX IT. DIVX IS THE ONLY CODEC THAT WORKS

Posted Sat 05 Sep 09 @ 2:27 pm
cms30ggPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Thanks for the info Videoman, this actually works :) I tried everything that was suggested here in all the post about video codecs and recording video and this one worked with no glitches. Every now and then I would try recording videos with no luck or either bad results but using the divx codec worked perfectly with great results in the quality of the video. Thanks again :)

Posted Sun 06 Sep 09 @ 4:12 am
well, when will it be? i'm getting extremely tired of having to record my video mixes in huge (1GB for 3 min) .avi files with fraps that take 3 hours to upload (WITH 11MBPS internet to boot) when your software is supposed to be able to record them in equal quality, with a choice of the encoding, at way smaller sizes (at least that's what i've heard it does)

Posted Sat 09 Jan 10 @ 11:48 am
* @ the moderator on page 1

Posted Sat 09 Jan 10 @ 11:49 am
andytaylor125 wrote :
http://www.undercut.org/msmpeg4/

This is download link I used, I didn't have any problems with it. Maybe check it with a virus scanner if you want to be cautioius.

So I downloaded and installed this codec. Since I did, my VDJ crashes every time I try to play a video. All I play is video, so it is a major panic for me.

I have downloaded and installed the DIV-X drivers, as well as uninstalled and reinstalled VDJ. Neither of them have offered any success. Can someone PLEASE offer some guidance as to what I should do?

THanks...

Wayne

Posted Sun 10 Jan 10 @ 4:03 pm
I just figured it out.

I just reset everything back to Factory Settings and video works. I just wish I would have thought of that BEFORE I uninstalled the program so I didn't lose all my virtual lists. OH WELL...small price for having a working video player.

Happy mixing everyone...

Wayne

Posted Sun 10 Jan 10 @ 4:20 pm
I downloaded DIVX and still it does not work. I really want this software to work. There has to be a workaround of some sort.

Posted Mon 12 Apr 10 @ 8:56 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
andytaylor125 wrote :
http://www.undercut.org/msmpeg4/

This is download link I used, I didn't have any problems with it. Maybe check it with a virus scanner if you want to be cautioius.

There is a problem with this codec pakage don't use it, delete it from your system and check Divix or MS site to get a safe download copy.

Joey....

Posted Tue 13 Apr 10 @ 1:15 pm
Got a solution!

Change computer colour to True Colour(32 bit) if it is in High Colour(16 Bit). way to do this is oing to screen resolution
go to advanced settings if using windows 7..
then go to virtual dj..record.. the choose video... go to config then change format; codec to vp60 simple profile and thats it.... if problem persists change the compression to 0% or to your liking...

Posted Mon 16 Jan 12 @ 10:29 pm
DJ azenPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Recording video is almost impossible. I use fraps to record videomixes it works perfect and the quality is very good

Posted Mon 16 Jan 12 @ 10:54 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)