Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Help Me Out Please

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

t045tHome userMember since 2008
Alright I dunno how to word this so im just gonna spit it out...
I just started using Virtual Dj mainly to screw & chop music which it does very nicely w/ the effects and plugins and all that... Well from just messing around on it I figured out that you can have each deck come out of a differnt output.... I have a 4.1 card so I am able to have one deck come out my speakers and the other come out my headphones.... well im sure you know, but with screwed and chopped the way its chopped is the two decks are set millaseconds apart and you crossfade between the two.... well alot of people who use this program and others dont understand that true chopped music isnt crossfading to the deck that is behind and back to the one thats ahead... its being on the one that is behind and crossfading to the deck thats ahead then back to the one behind.... now my question is as follows - Is there anyway that I can have the output (output on headphones) on the deck that is ahead actually come out like 1 beat ahead so I can hear what I want to chop before it is actually playing on the deck so when I chop it will record the desired chop instead of me hearing it and switching between the decks and missing it by one beat??

Posted Tue 07 Oct 08 @ 7:53 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)